Umpire animations wanted - will pay.

You can but, not to discourage you, the one you've made is not currently of a standard I would consider using.

Ultimately I'm not a graphics expert. I can't really point you towards what you need to do to improve it apart from to say that it doesn't look all that natural. I'm not totally keen on the face either.

I have my holidays going on these days and I can give it a try

Here's the umpire stance...now comes the difficult part...the animation.....I think I might do a no ball decision first up as it involves minimum movement....what do think of this Colin?

EDIT : here's the first animation

the no ball animation

no-ball.gif

Attachments

• ump2.jpg
    ump2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
As a suggestion for all those who are intersted please search for joint animation in after effects. It is the most easy and perfect method to animate any character close to human feel.

In that technique you need to make your character (2D) to have joints like human i.e ball joint, rotating joint etc (I am nill in biology).

As a suggestion for all those who are intersted please search for joint animation in after effects. It is the most easy and perfect method to animate any character close to human feel.

In that technique you need to make your character (2D) to have joints like human i.e ball joint, rotating joint etc (I am nill in biology).

You fancy doing a quick tutorial?

Would you be willing to use recorded GIFs?

Basically if someone was to videotape themselves doing the signals and turn it into a GIF image. We could make it a woman in beach clothes haha, it has potential :P

this is one I made a little while back, you can use it if you want (sorry its really fast and I havent figured out how to slow down the frame rate):
Umpire - CJ Games

Users who are viewing this thread