Underwater Table Tennis

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Now some of you may of heard of this game as well. It is 'Underwater Table Tennis' and some of you may have played it before.
Share your thoughts if you have played it.

Oh that was the question. :)

Underwater Table Tennis
http://www.khist.org.uk/utt.htm

Underwater Table Tennis (UTT) is played between two people on a temporarily matted surface of a large pool. The boundaries of the playing area are much larger than normal table tennis and the game speed is considerably slower when played underwater.
Both players are armed with tennis-raquet shaped bats and the aim of the table is exactly the same as normal table tennis. The ball is non-buoyant and behaves in the same way as badminton's shuttlecock.
The players are fitted with breathing apparatus: a snorkel and goggles. If you move lower under the water, it is more likely that water is going to enter through your air passage.
Once the point is won, you swap ends until the score is 21. You must win by 2 points or more or else it is play on.

Oh cool, then you'll find this game very easy to play... unless you can't hold your breath for too long. ;)

I would play it, but I wouldn't regard this as an unsafe sport. Then you would be saying swimming is an unsafe sport etc. :)

The person scores like normal table tennis. They try (with great skill) to hit it into the opposition's mat area. :)
It is so hard though.

I'm not wrecking my bat to play this. What else are you going to say duff. Underwater Soccer, footie even cricket?

Some one bowls. Someone hits the ball one metre. Six...

Users who are viewing this thread