Virender Sehwag : Done & Dusted?

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
501515.html

Virender Sehwag

Virender Sehwag looks like he is about to finish his career,with form not going his & managing few runs he looks like he needs more of domestic cricket. But the fact that he keeps on getting picked for no reason is a shame however the Sehwag we used to know may just start to lose his touch with his scores from the past 5 matches have been 0,52,22,0,17 . He indeed his a good batsmen but why does he get picked,is there something that's left inside him that he can play till 40 like Tendulkar? He was the first Indian to score 300 hundred but that all seems at loss.

Hopefully sombody gets injured in the ongoing series & BOOM Chand's in. Or I think thy want him to mature a bit more . So a Quinton De KOCK

I don't understand why you are saying its end of Sehwag and all when actually Bhajji is closing all the doors himself without picking wickets.

Where's the post that I had posted? Who deleted it?
--------------------------------------------------

If Sehwag injects a bit of responsibility into his game, he can last for another 2 years probably. If not, then he is probably very close to being done and dusted.

Who also deleted my previous post. He can retire and it make no difference to India as the quality they have in batting is amazing

[
Virender Sehwag[/CENTER]

Virender Sehwag looks like he is about to finish his career,with form not going his & managing few runs he looks like he needs more of domestic cricket.

How credible is the Indian domestic structure at present? Or are you supposing he starts county cricket or elsewhere, if not letting him play domestic first class cricket in India may do more harm than good.

But the fact that he keeps on getting picked for no reason is a shame

There is a long list of regulars who have continuously failed of recent times partly reflective of the drubbing Team India received in AUS and England, guys like Ghambhir, Tendulkar, and the non-performing bowlers.

however the Sehwag we used to know may just start to lose his touch with his scores from the past 5 matches have been 0,52,22,0,17 . He indeed his a good batsmen but why does he get picked,is there something that's left inside him that he can play till 40 like Tendulkar? He was the first Indian to score 300 hundred but that all seems at loss.

Funnily enough you decided to compare him to Tendulkar, in both of their last five matches Verinder averaged just above Tendulkar with neither being able to carve out a century. Why is Tendulkar getting picked then and based on his current form why should he play to 40. I guess its a similar reason why Sehwag is getting picked, aint it baby boy?

Not only was he the first Indian to score 300 but the only Indian to date (need I remeber in Tendulkar's illustrious career he hasnt achieved this milestone) to make a triple century, furthermore he has surpassed this landmark twice, Lara/Gayle/Bradman being the other guys who have made over 300 twice.

So in closing if Sehwag is done and dusted then so is Sachin Tendulkar, to think otherwise will surely be hypocritical!

[
Virender Sehwag[/CENTER]

How credible is the Indian domestic structure at present? Or are you supposing he starts county cricket or elsewhere, if not letting him play domestic first class cricket in India may do more harm than good.

There is a long list of regulars who have continuously failed of recent times partly reflective of the drubbing Team India received in AUS and England, guys like Ghambhir, Tendulkar, and the non-performing bowlers.

Funnily enough you decided to compare him to Tendulkar, in both of their last five matches Verinder averaged just above Tendulkar with neither being able to carve out a century. Why is Tendulkar getting picked then and based on his current form why should he play to 40. I guess its a similar reason why Sehwag is getting picked, aint it baby boy?

Not only was he the first Indian to score 300 but the only Indian to date (need I remeber in Tendulkar's illustrious career he hasnt achieved this milestone) to make a triple century, furthermore he has surpassed this landmark twice, Lara/Gayle/Bradman being the other guys who have made over 300 twice.

So in closing if Sehwag is done and dusted then so is Sachin Tendulkar, to think otherwise will surely be hypocritical!

WOW!you are really don't know who to read,it says that can he play till the age of what Tendulkar is playing . :spy

Really,so you are just gonna waste talent like Chand,Rahane & keep a man who eats nuts in the game. :spy

WOW!you are really don't know who to read,it says that can he play till the age of what Tendulkar is playing . :spy

Really not sure what youre on about, however the point I was alluding to is if the old Sachin still playing at this age with such bad scores then why cant Verinder play when he is only 34 years of age?

Really,so you are just gonna waste talent like Chand,Rahane & keep a man who eats nuts in the game. :spy

Maybe not, and you do have a point there mate. All I am saying is it makes sense to drop Tendulkar and let your Chand/Rahane play instead of Verinder!

Our point is that Sehwag is not performing at his best,let him get domestic cricket while Chand may fail or not you can't really say thing,but you gotta give him a chance

I don't understand why you are saying its end of Sehwag and all when actually Bhajji is closing all the doors himself without picking wickets.

What does Bhajji have to do with this discussion?? We are talking about Sehwag...

Virender Sehwag looks like he is about to finish his career,with form not going his & managing few runs he looks like he needs more of domestic cricket. But the fact that he keeps on getting picked for no reason is a shame however the Sehwag we used to know may just start to lose his touch with his scores from the past 5 matches have been 0,52,22,0,17 . He indeed his a good batsmen but why does he get picked,is there something that's left inside him that he can play till 40 like Tendulkar? He was the first Indian to score 300 hundred but that all seems at loss.

There's a difference between being out of form, and being a bad player overall. Saying he is picked for no reason is not quite true, the guy averages 50 in Test cricket. He was one of the leading scorers in IPL 2012. He can obviously play, he's just out of touch. Since Indians don't play domestic cricket, the only way to find his form is to keep playing international cricket. Rohit Sharma and now Suresh Raina have met similar problems.

I think the thing with sehwag is there is a sneaking suspicion that given his game is based on hand eye coordination and timing it won't age quite as gracefully as tendulkar's or dravid's who built their game on top of a very solid technique.

I don't really see the point in sending him to domestic cricket though, given his age and status they'd give him two or three games and then recall him or that would be it, if you're 34 or 35 and you get dropped that's pretty much it.

Users who are viewing this thread