WC 2002 Expansion Pack -- Download Problems

dro87

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Greetings Vineet and company,

I can't get any of the download links on Cricket2002.tk site for the WCEXP patch to work. I left a similar message on the main forum, but it is shut down temporarily so I could not read the answer, if one was posted.

Others seem to have gotten the patch, but no such luck for me!

Is there another way to do this in FilePlanet or elsewhere? I opened a FilePlanet account and searched the site for all references to cricket and WCEXP. Nothing turned up.

Please help... cc: my email [email protected] if possible.

Best, Keith S. in South Africa

dro87

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Okay, I figured out what is going on. I am proceeding to download. Some finer points for others who may be contemplating the download.

1. You need to subscribe to FilePlanet to get access to the servers -- minimum US$7 for a month (and you have to remember to cancel it if you don't want to continue the service).

2. You need to turn off the browser integration of download manager to force the webpage to load in the browser. This was necessary for Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) 5.3, at least.

Thanks for listening...

J

japatel

Originally posted by KIRKERS@Mar 3 2003, 04:55 AM
1. You need to subscribe to FilePlanet to get access to the servers -- minimum US$7 for a month (and you have to remember to cancel it if you don't want to continue the service).
That's not true. Fileplanet is FREE and you do not need to subscribe to the private servers, just be a free member.

Anyway, download managers are NOT SUPPORTED if you want to download a bit, and then download the rest later. The Fileplanet system DOES NOT support this. If you really do want to use a download manager, then you will have to:

1. Close/Disable your download manager
2. Go to the Cricket 2002 WCEXP main page
3. Click on the file you were downloading
4. Click on Download in fileplanet
5. Right click on the download where it says 'Your Download is Ready' and then 'Download with Getright' or something. If it says 'do you want to add this alternate URL' or something along those lines, click YES.

Anyway, when I was downloading, I got a filename like:
WCEXPInstall[1].part05.rar

Maybe you should delete the [1] in the file name so it looks like:
WCEXPInstall.part05.rar

Just a suggestion. I did it when I was downloading and the patch installed fine with me.

Hope that helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread