Weather Bug

Lou Vincent

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
When I play a test it says the weather is sunny (for example) and it is. On the 2nd day it might say the weather is overcast - it's good to have variable weather to make it more interesting and change pitch conditions - but when play starts on the day it is the same as day one and the weather conditions don't actually change until the innings has ended. So at the end of each innings the weather suddenly changes from the previous day to the current day. I'm talking about the graphics of the weather - the actual playing conditions might change.

Does anyone else get this? I have Shane Warned Cricket '99 with the patch installed. Or does anyone not get this bug?

I noticed this too, where the day changed but even though the weather was supposed to change to overcast it remained sunny. All you do is save the game and restore it and you should have your cloudy or sunny weather......

Lemme know if after this you still have the prob....

Hey yeah, I noticed that. I had to quit the game for one reason or another and came back later and restored it and the proper weather was there. Guess ya gotta do this for each day of the test match. Very amateur of Code Masters to not make the weather change automatically each day. Oh well, bring on C2k2!

Cheers

Very amateur of Code Masters to not make the weather change automatically each day. Oh well, bring on C2k2!

Cheers

Unfortunately on the PS2 version of c2K2, if you save then restore a test match, any wear on the pitch etc is lost and the pitch looks brand new as though its the first morning ???

To be honest with you I have this bad feeling that EA are going to leave this game just as it is. And it might turn out that we're gonna be the one's to have to fix it as with blc. Which would be a real shame cause both games had/have the potential to be perfect. I hope I'm wrong.........either way I'm gonna wait for some of the guys to buy the pc version before I shell out anything!

When you think about the bug that Zim just mentioned it makes you wonder if these people ever actually test these games before shelving them? ???

I think they test them, I think they just have the attitude of "oh well, it's not that bad". Which is a formula for failure.

I didn't know this Zimrahil and it is disapointing. However, does BLC even have changing pitch conditions? You made the 5-day patches for tests didn't you? Isn't that coz the conditions in BLC don't change? Funny though, coz the commentator talks about how a pitch for example will get better for spin bowlers or have 'something in it early on' for the seamers, so ???

Another thing: do you mean it doesn't LOOK worn or it doesn't PLAY worn also?? I'm glad they attempted to add that feature and it sucks that it doesn't work. They should get it right for PC or Cricket 2003.

Lou, you are right, in BLC there is no changing of conditions during a test, hence my patch. The commentators do mention things like it will get better for the spinners, but in BLC there are many things that were half finished. Other examples :

no ball - umpire animation for it but not used
leg bye - umpire animation for it but not used

various bowling appeals are not used

various batsman captures are not used

The list is endless, which is a shame

In cricket 2002, the pitch doesn't look worn but it does play worn if you get what I mean. There are many bugs that, if they do get fixed, will mean the majority of BLC owners switching to cricket 2002 (PC) this summer !!!

zim,
leg byes are used in the game,but i don't see any animation.Whenever the ball hits the body and i take a run the commentator says "the umpire signalling that as leg-byes" or something similar.Leg byes do get added to the total as extras.

ritwik,
sorry , that's what I meant, the umpire animation for leg byes is not used when a leg bye is called :)

I'm glad that the pitch plays worn - previously Zim, I thought you meant it only looks worn. Pity though coz it would get confusing. What other bugs do you know of??

About the BLC/SWC variable pitch conditions - if you look at the instructions under 'effects of pitch conditions', the table for the Hard pitch for the spin bowler says 'Average, increasing with time', and for the normal pitch for swingers and fast/med-fasts it says 'occasional and slight movement left and right after bouncing early on'. Game rushed to the market maybe.

i have seen rain in tests but can it be brought down even in the one day matches. can any one think of a way?

Even if someone gets rain to work in one dayers, will it effect the match? IE: Reduced overs.

Users who are viewing this thread