West Indies tour of South Africa

304/2!!! Gayle played an excellent innings. But how bout Powell? His S/R was 200+!!! Sadly he didnt get his 50. ran a single instead of waiting for the last ball. But 49 off 24 is magnificent.

What a match 5th ODI was! A real nail bitter! I wish when India play Pakistan, every match ends this way. Anyway it was really a good match. If you're a real cricket fan then you would love it. It was good that Ravi Rampaul eyes was full of tears. He really worked hard for his team :thumbs: but couldn't won the match for his team :sorry: :bow:

South Africa secured the series in an exciting last ODI.

Result

West Indies: 304/2 (Gayle 152 not out, Chanderpaul 85)
South Africa: 310/6 (Smith 58, Kallis 139)

South Africa win by 4 wickets

Man of the Match and of the series: Jacques Kallis

why did Kallis get MOTM and not Gayle? Did he take a few catches or sumthin?

Originally posted by ricky123@Feb 4 2004, 11:26 PM
B)? powell hold the record for the fastest 50
Ricky, just an advice. Do not post stuff, which you do not know about. You are making yourself look like a joker.

I remember that guy, Sonu Bhavsar, he was just like you.

Originally posted by squiz@Feb 5 2004, 11:28 AM
It should have gone to Gayle. He got a wicket as well.

But, Kallis' innings made his team win. That's the reason.

Originally posted by Iniyan+Feb 5 2004, 05:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iniyan @ Feb 5 2004, 05:13 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-squiz
@Feb 5 2004, 11:28 AM
It should have gone to Gayle. He got a wicket as well.

But, Kallis' innings made his team win. That's the reason. [/b]
Oh ok,

Cheers

Gayle scored more runs and wasted only 1 ball. Kallis scored fewer runs at a ower strike rate and didnt pick up any wickets. But I guess kallis got it cos it was such a high scoring and close match. Anway, good job by bothe teams. I wish every match played anywhere in the world could be like this.

Originally posted by jeromedascorp@Feb 5 2004, 06:06 PM
I wish every match played anywhere in the world could be like this.
I am not sure that it would have been so nice because then after a few series the captain of both the teams(along with a few supporters) would get high blood pressure (which as u all know may lead to heart attck) :lol:

I agree with u indyan. shoaibaslam said he hoped that the Ind-pak matches were all like this. Can u imagine the number of ppl that would get heart attacks? It hapenned during the Independence Cup match in Dhaka. But for a young cricket fan it would be great.

Ya .U can't win a close match if u give away 3 extra runs in the final over by misfielding.

Users who are viewing this thread