What are your favorite songs?

I watch old Hindi movies in which Amitab Bachan acted as hero whenever they keep it on TV.Not watched any Hindi movie recently.Last Hindi movie I saw was I think Legend of Bagat Singh.

pal said:
Bharat is a tamilian, man :clap , I don't think he watches that many Hindi movies..

I am also a Tamilian man. I listen to Hindi songs and watch Hindi films. There are many Tamil people who watch Hindi films and who know Hindi. In my case, my mother was born and brought up in Bhopal and so, my mom made me take Hindi as a second language in my school. So, I learnt Hindi that way and was attracted to Hindi movies and music.

I heard bharat say somewhere in this forum "i dont watch that much hindi movies nowadays". which probably says he might have been watching hindi movies sometime back

saisrini80 said:
No, I am not a fan of English songs. I love Indian music.. I also dont watch English movies also. I am a pure Indian!
But you live in USA. I understand you love Indian movies and music, I do too. But how can you live in USA and not like english music?

Ya right man you live in USA. I mean its weired that you live in USA and don't like English songs and neither watch English movies.

He is really patriotic, i guess...

cheaterr said:
But you live in USA. I understand you love Indian movies and music, I do too. But how can you live in USA and not like english music?

I have the Internet here to keep me updated of the Indian film music. I have a popular Tamil channel telecast live 24/7, I have Indian grocery shops here who get new Indian movies (Hindi and Tamil) in video (VHS/DVD) after the 7th day of the original release in Indian theatres. Since I am a quite and a reserved guy, I dont mix with many people in college and so no American friends. I have lots of Indian families here who are friends of our parents here.

What else do I want? All these are enough to keep me away from Hollywood movies and English music.

saisrini80 said:
I have the Internet here to keep me updated of the Indian film music. I have a popular Tamil channel telecast live 24/7, I have Indian grocery shops here who get new Indian movies (Hindi and Tamil) in video (VHS/DVD) after the 7th day of the original release in Indian theatres. Since I am a quite and a reserved guy, I dont mix with many people in college and so no American friends. I have lots of Indian families here who are friends of our parents here.

What else do I want? All these are enough to keep me away from Hollywood movies and English music.

good work Sai just like me some english movies are really boring... and some english songs make no sense lol

I prefer the Indian masala's to the so called English adventures!

1.Since i live in punjab so i love punjabi songs.
2.I love old hindi songs(old is gold).AND
3.I don`t like english songs.

vibs89 said:
Sai in which part do you live in USA? Well i live in New Jersey.

I live in Dayton, Ohio. Here, Cincinnati and Columbus are more popular. Dayton is a 30 min drive from Cincinnati and a 2hour drive from Columbus.

Aseem Ralhan said:
1.Since i live in punjab so i love punjabi songs.
2.I love old hindi songs(old is gold).AND
3.I don`t like english songs.

Old hindi songs are just amazing man. Absolute gems! I love some of Raj Kapur's evergreen hits and also Amitabh's many hit songs like AAA, Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Silsila, Don, etc.

I love American Idiot by Greenday........its out of this world!!!!!!!!!!

Other songs that I like,

Earth Song - MJ
Fly - Hilary Duff
No Woman No Cry - Bob Marley
St. Anger - Metallica
Take a look around - Limp Bizkit
Yellow Submarine - Beatles
Here Comes The Sun - Beatles
Vertigo - U2
Clocks - Coldplay
18 Till I Die - Bryan Adams
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Numb - Linkin Park
Points of Authority - Linkin Park
All Rise - Blue
Bubblin - Blue

m_vaughan said:
I love American Idiot by Greenday........its out of this world!!!!!!!!!!

Other songs that I like,

Earth Song - MJ
Fly - Hilary Duff
No Woman No Cry - Bob Marley
St. Anger - Metallica
Take a look around - Limp Bizkit
Yellow Submarine - Beatles
Here Comes The Sun - Beatles
Vertigo - U2
Clocks - Coldplay
18 Till I Die - Bryan Adams
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Numb - Linkin Park
Points of Authority - Linkin Park
All Rise - Blue
Bubblin - Blue

Siddarth, just a curious question. Dont get offended. Are you born and brought up in England? Are you living there right now? Are you an Indian by birth??

saisrini80 said:
I prefer the Indian masala's to the so called English adventures!
90% of the Indian movies are copied from Hollywood. So indirectly you end up seeing the English movies.:p

saisrini80 said:
Siddarth, just a curious question. Dont get offended. Are you born and brought up in England? Are you living there right now? Are you an Indian by birth??
No I am not brought up in England. Was born in Bombay, went to England first when I was six months old. After that till I was about 11, I used to visit England almost once every year as my first cousins live in Orpington (S.E London). Then after my cousins shifted to Boston, MA, my visits stopped. The last time I went there was in 2003 for a whole 40 days!

My cousins are big time Chelsea fans!, which made one as well!!

m_vaughan said:
90% of the Indian movies are copied from Hollywood. So indirectly you end up seeing the English movies.:p

O sorry, I should rephrase it.

I prefer watching the Indianized versions of those movies!!

Users who are viewing this thread