Your Cricket What bowling action has the most potential to be the quickest?

I wouldn't say Feff Thompson, but maybe Jeff Thompson. :P
Kidding.

Yeah if you want to bowl quick, while maintaining line & length, the best thing to do is use a Micheal Holding type of action. Watch some vids of his bowling action. He bowled 90+ mph simply because of the flawness of his action.
But if you want to go for 'unplayable' pace then try a Malinga/Thompson/Fidel Edwards type of action.

Who in your opinion what is the best action to bowl quick?
I say its sling like Feff Thompson.

Wouldn't be because he is in your avatar and sig would it?

Action does have allot to do with bowling fast but there are many other factors.

Wouldn't be because he is in your avatar and sig would it?

Action does have allot to do with bowling fast but there are many other factors.

Mate i wasn't asking about the "other factors" i was asking what action is the fastest. And no he is in my avatar and signature because he is the fastest ever.

Yes i'm sorry about the miss spelling i should have re-read the post before confirming it.

What about the ol' frog in a blender Paul Adams? Quite quick for a spinner.

Probably Lee as his is the quickest bowler in cricket. :P

Probably Lee as his is the quickest bowler in cricket. :P

That wasn't the question it was "What is the fastest bowling action ever"

On another note the reality is that chucking is the fastest(except it's illegal... unless your sri-lainkin) action followed by sling then the conventional way to bowl.

Goodness Gracious, I don't see how that man - Paul Adams I think his name is - hasn't like twisted his shoulder the other way.
On the video description I think it says "Warning: Do not try this action, you can break your neck."
I wouldn't doubt that, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread