What is your favourite mode to play in DBC 14?

What is your favourite mode to play in DBC 14?

• Career

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Casual

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Competition

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Tour

Votes: 4 11.4%

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

AshleyWilliam

Banned
Just wondering what everyone's favourite mode is to play?

Personally I like tour and competition mode:
- I enjoy tracking stats across a tour
- I enjoy playing out entire matches to see the drama unfold from start to finish
- I enjoy replicating current/upcoming real life series and matching up with real-life teams
- Playing tour mode allows for the changing of difficulty level at any time. In T20 in tour mode I bat on Pro and bowl on Legend to give a realistic and competitive experience against the AI.

I respect to career mode and see it as a having huge potential, and can see how many would be drawn into it. But I just don't get the same immersion in a match as I do playing one out from start to finish. Plus I like 'realism'. Seeing the same line-ups every match and no injuries irritates me for some reason. Just my perception of things. :-)

Online - well, no one seems to ever be online. And whenever I play an online game is just seems too glitchy to get wholesome enjoyment out of playing. People might be having difference experiences to me. :-)

lastig

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Me personally really enjoy career mode as I bat as an opening bat and especially after the patch I am able to build a long innings at a strike rate of about 60 or 70. I do agree though that the lack of injuries and being able to be dropped does take away, but I found that my batting has improved immensely on pro and I am starting to look forward to get to the higher levels. And with playing full matches I really struggle batting with lefties as my career player is right handed.

AshleyWilliam

Banned
Me personally really enjoy career mode as I bat as an opening bat and especially after the patch I am able to build a long innings at a strike rate of about 60 or 70. I do agree though that the lack of injuries and being able to be dropped does take away, but I found that my batting has improved immensely on pro and I am starting to look forward to get to the higher levels. And with playing full matches I really struggle batting with lefties as my career player is right handed.

Interesting - I find it easier to bat with left handers, especially in playing the ball behind square on the off-side (cuts, backwards glances). Think its because its 'anatomically' easier to flick my thumb down left than it is to flick it down right right....just a theory I have

lastig

Club Captain
I also do my batting in broadcast camera mode as this feels like I am watching the match. When I am in good form I tend to score all around, but when I have an off night I tend to premeditate and play a lot to the leg side. My career player has gotten so used to start an innings with a packed leg side that I can easily score 2s in the cover area till they block that avenue. I have also found that holding the defensive trigger and letting it go when I play the shot has made it easier to play on drives in stead off square on the leg side. It does get me in trouble when the ball is short though.

grkrama

National Board President
career as batsman, followed closely by Tours take the cake for me, though online when opponent is good is also very enjoyable.

zaff4444

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Online is this game's longevity i/m/o.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Online is the only place for me . I play against lots of different people , are part of 3 Organised League`s with Weekly Updated Logs,Stats etc etc.

They are so much more enjoyable than figuring out the AI and then just playing him accordingly over and over.

You need to build out that Friend`s list Mr. William , otherwise Online can "seem" a very dull place....

Users who are viewing this thread