Story What will those politicians do next? (C2007)

surendar said:
Excited to see the start of the match!

I feel Bret Lee cud have been included for MacGill! Bond,McGrath and Lee....wow it shd have been the superb combination! :)

Any chance of Fleming and Vettori or BretLee? ( instead of Clarke and Macgill in next match though )

Sorry I'm playing as Australasia 1946-49 in this story so the computer picked the lineup however when I'm doing an autoplayed ashes with scorecards being posted I'll certainly be picking either Lee or Vettori as the final bowler depending on the pitch and maybe Astle instead of Clarke as the computer would consider the person who replaces Clarke the 5th bowler and we don't want Fleming to bowl to much although if Martyn or Hussey has a bad ashes series, he could come in for either of them.

P.S. If it was on any other pitch besides a dust bowl Stuart Clark would be in for MacGill.

oh ok... Good Luck for the match with team of clones :) Brady can now reach the average of 100 :happy

1st Session Day 1 ANZ 46-49 434-7

A Bond bouncer hits a crack and stays low clean bowling Morris for 7.

Barnes then gives catching practise to Hussey off the bowling of McGrath and is dismissed for 26. 46-2.

A mix up sees Bradman and hassett at thesame end and Bradman is run out for a duck. 55-3

Bonds yorker is to quick for Lindsay Hassett and he is clean bowled for 9.
55-4.

Miller plays on to Bond and is dismissed for a duck. 67-5.

Sutcliffe brings up his 50

Sutcliffe brings up his 100

Reid brings up his 50

Reid brings up his 100.

Sutcliffe brings up his 150

Martyn clean bowls Reid for 112. 340-6.

Tallon is stumped by Gilchrist off the bowling of MacGill for 32. 412-7.

Sutcliffe brings up his 200.

One small suggestion : It will be more nice if the text for corresonding picture is written at the top like Bradman's runout at the top of the picture! Also, U can try using the centre option to make the layout even more nice.
But its upto ur comfortness, which ever way u are comfortable!

Good start to the story :clap But Unlucky Bradman to go for "quack quack "! :D

wow, a 71 ball double hundred, and warne has gone for 200 runs, just do the suggestion that suren said

It's good that you realised the "Hide" button halfway through :p.
Nice story, a good comeback from the Australasia 1946-49 team. A bit of a shame to only see one New Zealander in the Australasia team.

Great idea for a story :)
Nice to see Bradman get a duck for a change :p
Nice batting from Sutcliff but how many deliveries do you want to leave on te stumps?
good start :clap

GrayNicolls said:
It's good that you realised the "Hide" button halfway through :p.
Nice story, a good comeback from the Australasia 1946-49 team. A bit of a shame to only see one New Zealander in the Australasia team.

Expect to see more kiwi's in there when I pick the combined team for the autoplayed ashes as Bond is a dead cert, Astle might well come in for Clarke and if it's a pitch that suits the spinners Vettori will be playing and if Warne continues to bowl tripe, Vettori might be playing in every test. The computer picked the team for this match as I am playing as the other side.

treva said:
Great idea for a story :)
Nice to see Bradman get a duck for a change :p
Nice batting from Sutcliff but how many deliveries do you want to leave on te stumps?
good start :clap

Bradman getting a duck wasn't to uncommon, he got somewhere between 6-8 ducks in his 80 test innings if I am not mistaken.

I was pressing the buttons the computer just chose not to respond to them whether it was having the forums, imageshack and paint on the PC at the same time which caused this, I do not know.

w3lshrugby said:
do my eyes decieve me...Warne gone for 200 runs in 12 overs - you sure attack the spinners mate!

I was just driving him along the ground or glancing into the gaps on the boundary until Reid went and then I started using Sutcliffe to hit 6's off both Warne and MacGill. But if Warne doesn't stop bowling tripe he could find Vettori replacing him for the ashes.

I don't know what it is about the pitch but MacGill seems to be bowling better on it than Warne.

just to back up the comment on Sir Don's duck record, yeah he did get his fair share of ducks, but made up for them the next match. From records he was a very nervous character, playing himself in for hours until he unleashed his abilities on the unfortunate bowler. Don Bradman in his last test went for a duck as the pressure/nerves got to him, but to finish with those stats is bloody brilliant.

Michaelf7777777, one tip :) Put the text which you are typing about the screenshot above it, as it makes it simpler to read, plus we can see the picture while reading :)

One last thing, ive noticed that the stands are empty, how'd you do that? On one of the screenies anyways

Simbazz said:
just to back up the comment on Sir Don's duck record, yeah he did get his fair share of ducks, but made up for them the next match. From records he was a very nervous character, playing himself in for hours until he unleashed his abilities on the unfortunate bowler. Don Bradman in his last test went for a duck as the pressure/nerves got to him, but to finish with those stats is bloody brilliant.

Michaelf7777777, one tip :) Put the text which you are typing about the screenshot above it, as it makes it simpler to read, plus we can see the picture while reading :)

One last thing, ive noticed that the stands are empty, how'd you do that? On one of the screenies anyways

Thanks I will take heed of the tip and I have no idea how the crowd disappeared in one of the screenshots although my computer quite often likes to leace out the foreground on the 1st take so maybe it did it with the background this time.

Users who are viewing this thread