What would you prefer?? BLIC OR EA 2K5 ??

BLIC or EA 2005

• Total voters
In all honesty I did prefer C2k4 to C2k2. That's why there are so many of us on this website. I am sure some improvement will be made in C2k5, but I am not sure if it will be able to compete with BLIC 2k5--a game in development for 6 years! Well not really, but it has communicated very well with fans. EA needs to learn people skills, not just business skills. They'll get screwed soon, otherwise.

Opinion

I had a conversation on MSN Messenger with Ste yesterday and that is why we now have a Cricket 2005 forum. No matter what, Cricket 2005 must be given a go. I doubt it will 'just be a patched version of Cricket 2004'. Cricket 2004 was so bad they need to start from scratch. :p

Cricket 2005. Why you ask? Because I reckon the gameplay will be **** in both, and at least the EA game will have the features to allow me to do things like fantasy cricket with it, rather than the 17 teams/ 16 player squads bullsh*t

I think most of you are being too hasty in making a decision. True that BLIC looks very promising, and on the surface it seems that c2005 is being rushed to cash in on the hype generated due to the ashes, but we should remember two things:
1. There is going to be genuine competition for EA this time and they've fared pretty well under competition in the past (for example, the FIFA series has improved drastically over the years).
2. Cricket 2004 was a genuine improvement over cricket 2002 with slightly better gameplay, fewer bugs and much greater depth.

So in a nutshell, we should not endeavour to judge either of the games before they are out, and give a fair chance to both EA and Codemasters.

(Just realized that I've vouched for EA, which is the second riskiest thing in the world currently, apart from being in Iraq).

Skateboarder2 said:
I had a conversation on MSN Messenger with Ste yesterday and that is why we now have a Cricket 2005 forum.

Didn't realise you had so much influence :rolleyes:

c2k5 for me blc seems 2 good to be true and atleast our expectations are not as sky high from ea's game unlike blc

kmk1284 said:
c2k5 for me blc seems 2 good to be true and atleast our expectations are not as sky high from ea's game unlike blc

Who knows whether it will be bug free or the same game with a different name!

When 2004 was announced everybody was very excited about that .. but then what happened.. another Crap ... crappier than 2002 rather... what do u guys say...

I talked to EA forum Moderator 'JB' thats his user id... all he was convinced on was thhat the graphics will be a big step ahead

i will post his message...

This is what he said:

" Hi hasan,

We have just recieved the final fact sheet for Cricket 2005. The game page has been updated.

http://www.eaplay.com/australia/games/pc/cricket/cricket2005/

We have a couple of early screenshots which aren't for display. Everything I've heard suggests that the graphics in Cricket 2005 will be a big step up from the last game.

Rest assured that as soon as new material is released, you will find it here on EAPlay.com

JB
"

Last edited:
I don't agree that Cricket 2002 was better than Cricket 2004. I played Cricket 2004 far longer than I ever would play Cricket 2002. Maybe that's because the C2002 CD cracked and my computer was reformatted, though. :P I really enjoyed C2004 and here's the best to C2005.

Hasan said:
Who knows whether it will be bug free or the same game with a different name!

When 2004 was announced everybody was very excited about that .. but then what happened.. another Crap ... crappier than 2002 rather... what do u guys say...

I talked to EA forum Moderator 'JB' thats his user id... all he was convinced on was thhat the graphics will be a big step ahead

i will post his message...

This is what he said:

" Hi hasan,

We have just recieved the final fact sheet for Cricket 2005. The game page has been updated.

http://www.eaplay.com/australia/games/pc/cricket/cricket2005/

We have a couple of early screenshots which aren't for display. Everything I've heard suggests that the graphics in Cricket 2005 will be a big step up from the last game.

Rest assured that as soon as new material is released, you will find it here on EAPlay.com

JB
"

First time we will see dynamic graphics along with better game play.Is it not step ahead.I hope this game will be able to compete with Blic as in some areas it take over to BLIC

Rugby 2005 was a massive improvement over Rugby 2004. So much so, that I bought it for my Xbox. Cricket 2005 will no doubt be better than Cricket 2004. :cool:

I think that ea's graphics (at this stage) are tons better than bl.
But it is a usual ea cricket game the AI will be crap.

Go Brian Lara Cricket

graphics of fifa
gameplay of madden
create a player of tiger woods
and we have a near perfect cricket game

as much as i like codies and dedication towards the game but had ea not been there we wouldn't have got a single game since BLC 99 :( :(

Users who are viewing this thread