Where

during the WC, over here in South Africa, the public who came from Australia disgraced the country!!! They were raceist and crude!!

I suggest you check what you say carefully.

To me this says "All the Australian public who came to South Africa during the World Cup were racist and crude" That is what it says.

How do you know all the Australians were racist?

Making a genralisation based on someones nationality is racism. You may not mean to be racist, but think about what you're saying. An Australian who went to the World Cup may take that as an insult.

Right now that you put it like that I apoligise for my wrong doing. All i am trying to say is that in the Semi Final, Astralian Vs Sri Lanka, I travelled from Pietermaritzburg to Port Elizabeth to watch the match & MOST of the Australian Supporters were very racest towards the Sri Lankans. Alot of them also were ejected from the stadium due to their racial comments, and form being completly intoxicated.
I hope i have now said this right.

No i completly understood where you were coming from. Thats why i felt i needed to correct myself!

True typical AUSSIES r racists. I got to experience it first hand when I went for vacation in Australia.

Australia is certainly not among my favourite countries. I dont plan on visiting it again. Want further proof of that just look at the governments policies and the way the treat the locals (Aboriginals).

Want further proof of the fact that the cricketers have no sportsmanship.
Look at brett lee who injures the batsman if he cant make him out soon.

In a press statement released by Ponting after injuring Jayasurya he said "this is no ordinary match it is the worldcup and we will bowl on the batsman's body if that stops him from getting runs"

Actually I was a fan of AUS but after that statemant no way.
I hate them

True typical AUSSIES r racists. I got to experience it first hand when I went for vacation in Australia.

I really think you're being unfair here.

There are racists in every country, but to say things like this is racist in itself. Remember some Australians do use this forum! None of the Aussies I've ever met have been racist to anyone. Yes the Australian government has a ridicously right wing attitude to immigration, and they've given the Aboriginies shom real **** over the years, but this does not mean that every Aussie is a racist, the same way that not every American is a religious fundamentalist arsehole like George W Bush.

And they have started to treat the Aboriginees a lot better in recent years. They've started to give landmarks like Ayers Rock their traditional Aboriginal names. Obviously this doesn't excuse the crap they got from both British and Australian governments in the past.

I dont mean to hurt u guyz or anything like that its just that I had some bad experience in u r country which I didnt have anywhere before.

Also I strongly feel that the AUS cricketers r racist and have no sportsmanship (Lee loves injuring guyz doesnt he) and it is due to this I feel they dont deserve the cup. Skillwise they r gr8 but its this attitude problem they have.

Dont tell me it was an accident as he injured the max. people. Also his victims r always potentially dangerous batsman. Doesnt happen to others as often as it does to him. Dont tell me its a coincidence

Oh I agree about Lee trying to injure people. Lehman gave a racist remark in the VB series, but I'm sure not all Aussie cricketers are racist, Jason Gillespie is half Aboriginee for a start! And they do very occasionaly show spotsmanship, Gilchrist walking when the umpire gave him not out in the World Cup is a good example.

By the way, I'm not Australian, I'm English! :D

And a bad experience from what is a minority in any country should not hurt your impression of a country.

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Apr 24 2003, 06:06 AM
Jason Gillespie is half Aboriginee for a start!
r u sure gillespie is half aboriginal?

Want further proof of the fact that the cricketers have no sportsmanship.
Look at brett lee who injures the batsman if he cant make him out soon.
ahahahaha this is VERY VERY true. and to back it up is the below statement.

In a press statement released by Ponting after injuring Jayasurya he said \"this is no ordinary match it is the worldcup and we will bowl on the batsman's body if that stops him from getting runs\"
i didnt know that. that shows their sportsmanship doesnt it???? and backs up that last statement.

MOST of the Australian Supporters were very racest towards the Sri Lankans. Alot of them also were ejected from the stadium due to their racial comments, and form being completly intoxicated.
Want further proof of that just look at the governments policies and the way the treat the locals (Aboriginals).

more proof the aussies are racist. when i call then racist i say they are racist and that isnt being a racist.

when sri lanka v australia for VB cup, Darren Lehman said racial comments.

Aussies unsportsmanlike? Did you see Gilchrist walk in the World Cup or was it just my imagination?
actually get your facts rite. gilkrist walked off because he was pissed off he didnt get vice captain or captain of the test team. i cant remember C or VC. if he was happy no f***ing way he would've walked off. not if his life depended on it.

If the Aussies were without McGrath, Lee and Gillespie they'd still have Hogg, McGill, Bichel, Gilchrist, Waugh, Lehman, Ponting, etc. All match winners.
not rite. all of them are crap.

Sri Lanka doesn't rely on 3 players?

If Vaas and Murali were both unavaialble, Sri Lanka would have no chance.
Murali getz about 2-3 wickets a match. Vaas wasnt the lead wicket taker much but now he is. Jayasuria and Attapatu usually gets 50+ a match. Especcially against Australia. Jayasuria usually gets a few wickets a match. Aravida usually gets a few wickets per match. you see? we have many players. i would write more on how we have more then just 2 good players.

ah, just realised it was Lance who said Aussies at the MCG were racist
i didnt just mean the MCG. i mean WORLDWIDE. i was commenting on what i saw at the MCG.

Australia did not deserve to win the World Cup or VB Cup.
The VB was ours if Australia DIDNT slow bat so they didnt verse us.
And if there was no Duck Lewis system and we continued tomorrow we would've won. :lol and if the final was Sri Lanka Vs. Australia EVERYONE sayed that would be a good match. It could've went either way as we have won and come closed to win alot of matches against AUS then any other team recently.

~LaNcE~

more proof the aussies are racist. when i call then racist i say they are racist and that isnt being a racist.

It is making a generalistaion about someone based solely on their nationality. That is racism.

when sri lanka v australia for VB cup, Darren Lehman said racial comments.

That doesn't make the entire team or country racist.

actually get your facts rite. gilkrist walked off because he was pissed off he didnt get vice captain or captain of the test team. i cant remember C or VC. if he was happy no f***ing way he would've walked off. not if his life depended on it.

Get YOUR facts right. He is vice-captain of the test team and one-day team. He has said that he didn't want either job as captain on a permanant basis at the moment. He walked because he thought he was out!

If the Aussies were without McGrath, Lee and Gillespie they'd still have Hogg, McGill, Bichel, Gilchrist, Waugh, Lehman, Ponting, etc. All match winners.

not rite. all of them are crap.

Again this moronic statement doesn't even deserve a response

Murali getz about 2-3 wickets a match. Vaas wasnt the lead wicket taker much but now he is. Jayasuria and Attapatu usually gets 50+ a match. Especcially against Australia. Jayasuria usually gets a few wickets a match. Aravida usually gets a few wickets per match. you see? we have many players. i would write more on how we have more then just 2 good players.

Murali gets about 5 wickets a match in tests, 3 in ODIs

If we're talking ODIs, then you're right about Murali.

Jayasuria averages 32 in ODIs and gets less than a wicket a match, against Australia he averages 22, with only 3 scores over 50 out of 31.

Attapatu averages 38 in ODIs, against Australia he averages 30.

Aravinda De Silva gets, on average, 1 wicket every 3 games against Australia he gets just under 1 in 2.

If you're going to give stats at least check that they're right.

QUOTE?
ah, just realised it was Lance who said Aussies at the MCG were racist

i didnt just mean the MCG. i mean WORLDWIDE. i was commenting on what i saw at the MCG.

Again, this is racist!

Australia did not deserve to win the World Cup or VB Cup.

Yes they did, they had the best team in both competitions. (I can't believe I said that, I'm English)

and if the final was Sri Lanka Vs. Australia EVERYONE sayed that would be a good match

That's about the only sensible thing you've said.

I think Gilchrist walked because he was tired or didnt feel like playing as he was sure that the AUS would win anyway by hook or crook

Users who are viewing this thread