• Close Bowling

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Far Bowling

Votes: 19 7.0%

• Total voters

estmsm

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was using Broadcast but cudnt properly judge the length and line of the ball... Now changed to Far Batsman which worked quite well in my first Far Batsman camera innings... Can pick the line and length well...

Last edited:

Randomsky

School Cricketer
"Far batsman" for me.
I am keen to get up close but have gotten too used to this camera in career mode to warrant the change.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A bit surprized so many people are using the "Broadcast" cam.

RIZZYX

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I started with the "Far Batsman" cam but I really struggled square of the wicket on the offside and against the spinners as well.

Have been using "Broadcast" for some time now and seems to be working out much better for me.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I personally cannot see how at all you can use the far batsman camera. It just feels so stiff batting from that distance, much prefer close batting.

Ahad

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
They should've watched cricket on TV before making a broadcast camera of their own. I am just not liking the camera angles AFTER playing the shot. Fielding 1 is better but still you dont get the feeling of real cricket when hitting six in front area.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
For me, facing pace is easier on broadcast but facing spin I use far batting camera!

Reactions: Owl

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm still fiddling: might do a bunch of games on amateur just to get the cameras on. I currently like Close for pace bowling; but I can't hack spin with it. Not even tried pro camera yet; I'll give that a go as well but can't see myself using it full time!

WinterfellNZ

School Cricketer
I use close for batting. Bit hard to see spin when bowling around the wicket. But gettin runs in career so I cant complain

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I use far batsmen mainly because I'm way to lazy to change it!

Mr Snrub

International Coach

In my career I prefer to use the behind batsman views. When I play local multiplayer though, it almost essential to play on broadcast, the view for the bowler is far too difficult and you can't just cater completely to the batsman.

I really hope it stays and is given as much future work as the more favoured behind batsman cameras, because I think for people who play with their friends at home this'll always be the most workable camera for that aspect of play.

I have a couple of times tried it on career too and gotten a little higher than my average scores batting, but do prefer the view batting from the batsmans perspective.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
In my career I prefer to use the behind batsman views. When I play local multiplayer though, it almost essential to play on broadcast, the view for the bowler is far too difficult and you can't just cater completely to the batsman.

I really hope it stays and is given as much future work as the more favoured behind batsman cameras, because I think for people who play with their friends at home this'll always be the most workable camera for that aspect of play.

I have a couple of times tried it on career too and gotten a little higher than my average scores batting, but do prefer the view batting from the batsmans perspective.

I hope Big Ant incorporate "split screen" for offline multiplayer, so both the players will be able to choode their favored camera angles than rely on broadcast.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I hope Big Ant incorporate "split screen" for offline multiplayer, so both the players will be able to choode their favored camera angles than rely on broadcast.

I seem to remember Ross saying that this would be his favoured solution too, and I'd give it a crack, but broadcast is still enjoyable for others too. I think my casual playing mates who I'm trying to school up on playing it, wouldn't enjoy having two sets of closer action happening at once in two halves of the screen, especially with cricket being such a focus orientated game. Trying to focus on a hundred deliveries with a bowler running in right besides you and that side of the screen moving about a lot all the way to delivery might at some point prove difficult. I can imagine 100's of awkward dismissals there.

It would sort've be like trying to focus on an fps whilst having a pendulum right up beside your screen on either side moving out of sync with each other. I imagine most people would want that out of the way right away. There's a reason why they have a sight-screen in real cricket. :)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I seem to remember Ross saying that this would be his favoured solution too, and I'd give it a crack, but broadcast is still enjoyable for others too. I think my casual playing mates who I'm trying to school up on playing it, wouldn't enjoy having two sets of closer action happening at once in two halves of the screen, especially with cricket being such a focus orientated game. Trying to focus on a hundred deliveries with a bowler running in right besides you and that side of the screen moving about a lot all the way to delivery might at some point prove difficult. I can imagine 100's of awkward dismissals there.

It would sort've be like trying to focus on an fps whilst having a pendulum right up beside your screen on either side moving out of sync with each other. I imagine most people would want that out of the way right away. There's a reason why they have a sight-screen in real cricket. :)

Once you try split screen you will find it a pretty good option. I had my concerns as well but when I tried a couple of games which incorporated split screen, it worked beautifully. I'm sure it will work for cricket as well and if your buds like broadcast cam, they can have it in their view/screen.

Users who are viewing this thread