Who on this board is going to buy AC 2013 ?

Will you be buying ashes cricket 2013?

• Yes

Votes: 42 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 101 53.2%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 47 24.7%

• Total voters

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If it came out before Bradman then despite thinking it will be rubbish, some people would still buy it because less face it, we are desperate for cricket games.

That niche of people is gone once Bradman is out.

ps: how good does it feel to say the word of the great man?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sadly, I will most likely end up buying it :noway

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I would have bought it but all the lies and deceit has put me off. I will however get it if Colin or Matt give a big yes in their review.

Interesting comments. Maybe off topic/not relevant to this subject, but I had a situation a few years back when 2 rugby games were being released around the same time (Aug-Sept). I like to play rugby too.......and, with my birthday looming, I asked my better half to get me the game for my birthday.....but didn't actually stipulate which one!!
She got me Rugby World Cup when I really wanted Rugby Challenge. RWC was ok until I bought RC.....which is, I think, a better game. Anyway, I play both games.
It just depends on how I feel when I choose which one to put in the console.

This situation might be similar with DB cricket and AC 13.

xvalerianx

Club Captain
I will buy it no matter what. It is our duty to support Cricket games and we should really appreciate the fact that the Ashes13 are putting their heart and soul into the game inspite of being down and out.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
we should really appreciate the fact that the Ashes13 are putting their heart and soul into the game inspite of being down and out.

If they do what i do at work....(which is very likely, looking at the game's state) then that would hardly be considered "putting heart and soul into the game...."

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Interesting comments. Maybe off topic/not relevant to this subject, but I had a situation a few years back when 2 rugby games were being released around the same time (Aug-Sept). I like to play rugby too.......and, with my birthday looming, I asked my better half to get me the game for my birthday.....but didn't actually stipulate which one!!
She got me Rugby World Cup when I really wanted Rugby Challenge. RWC was ok until I bought RC.....which is, I think, a better game. Anyway, I play both games.
It just depends on how I feel when I choose which one to put in the console.

This situation might be similar with DB cricket and AC 13.

In terms of quality, I think those two rugby games are much closer together.

Ashes 2013 <<<<<< RWC << Rugby Challenge <<<<<<< Bradman 14

witchking

School Cricketer
Loved BLC2005...got burnt with codies BLIC 2007....ashes 09 was great with the beta patches...sad that they never finished it...but DB 14 looks more like the next gen cricket game we never got...so skipping on Ashes 2013.

Lee1981

International Coach
?30-?50 is peanuts

I will buy it no matter what, I have bundles of cash, and lets be honest even a crap night on the lash will cost you ?50 at least,

So a game which should give a minimum of 15 hours of gameplay is sort of good value for money I guess

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I haven't made a decision on whether to buy it or not since I cancelled my pre-order after the November delay - I certainly don't intend to buy it on consoles, so if they can't optimise it enough to run on my PC, that's a no.

Broadly though, the argument for buying a cricket game for the sake of it usually hinged on making your tiny contribution to somehow demonstrate that there's a market out there for the games in the hope it means there won't be another big game drought like the last three years. But where there's two games new in the market, you can choose to use your cash to show that we'd like a good cricket game - not just any cricket game.

I suppose it will come down to what Trickstar can say in September - they will need to make a convincing argument to anyone only willing to buy one game that they should wait until November to see theirs first. It's easy to argue you should buy both - but unless someone is very impressed by two teams having real names - even if they match everything except career mode, I'd quite like a career mode - it certainly makes an investment in a game last much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread