Wimbledon 2005----------------> The Championships

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The second week has begun at the all England lawn tennis club at Wimbledon and its hotting up now . R.Federer looks like he is keen on defending his title . Who could be the one to stop him . The spaniard C.Ferrero could not resist the heat of Federer`s game yesterday .
Will Maria Sharapova defend her title successfuly or will L.Davenport, Ve nus Williams and others beat her to the crown !
Post your views regarding the greatest tennis tournament on earth .

Also post, which match do you think was the best in the tournament so far ?
I enjoyed watching the Sania Mirza Vs Kuznetsova match . We saw some great tennis in that game. I think Mirza would be someone to look out for in the future . She has the strokes especially her forehand , If she can work on her serve, she can compete with the best in the business as she showed against Svetlana.

jwalits

Club Cricketer
The best game so far would be Wayne Arthurs vs Alexander Popp....saw only highlights from that match, but it was superb........14-12 to Popp in the 5th set

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
I think that Sharapova will defend her title, but the experience of Davenport might pull through...

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Mirza vs. Kuznetsova was great but disappointing because I thought Mirza had great chances to win. She will definitely be a future star, if she just works on her serve consistency. As for championship hopes, Federer looks like the distinct favorite with Hewitt being the top pretender. The female's singles can go anyway with all four semifinalists heating up in the quarterfinals.

Rangeela

International Coach
Women's Semi Final Odds:

Mauresmo, Amelie - 7/4 vs Davenport, Lindsay - 2/5
Sharapova, Maria - 2/5 vs Williams, Venus - 7/4

Rangeela

International Coach
Men's Semi-Final Odds:

Federer, Roger 1/10 vs Hewitt, Lleyton 5/1
Johansson, Thomas 4/1 vs Roddick, Andy 1/7

Rangeela

International Coach
Women Wimbledon Final

Odds:

Venus Williams - 8/11
Lindsay Davenport - 5/4

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Come on A-Rod! Hahaha. Federer all the way is going to win. World tennis is getting kind of boring.

pal

International Coach
I hope Venus wins the women's final.
I hope Federer wins the men's final.
I hope Mahesh Bhupathi/Mary Pierce get to the mixed doubles final and win it.

Rangeela

International Coach
Men's Final - Wimbledon

Odds:

Federer, Roger 1/7
Roddick, Andy 4/1

pal

International Coach
ok, got my first prediction right. Venus beats Davenport in a close one.. Hopefully Federer will do the same thing tomorrow..

cheaterr

Club Cricketer
I'm hoping Federer will win the final. The top two mens players going at each other in the finals...should be an really interesting match.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Except if it was like last year's final, same seeds, same rankings, same players. Straight sets for Federer if I remember correctly. He's unstoppable on grass. He absolutely crushed Lleyton Hewitt. Hewitt through everything at him. Roddick has pace. Federer will just use it. I'm still hoping for some Roddick magic, though.

Users who are viewing this thread