XBOX C2005 - Completely Broken?

valvolux

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I had a quick look through the forums and couldn't find a whole lot on the xbox version - but here are the difficulties i'm having with the game:

1) Batting is completely different to the PC version - even more ridiculous! It seems near impossible to get the timing right for any shots - particularly going for sixes. Me and my mate messed around for a while, sending in the same deliveries, playing the same shots with what seemed like the exact same timing - different results every time! It is strange, but sometimes when you go for an ordinary front foot shot, he would infact blast the ball out of the stands as if oyu pressed the six shot button - great timing or a bug? The batting in this version is broken, no questions asked. Sure, you can play all defensive and get a score around 50 for 20 overs, but what good is that when bangladesh wipes that off in 3 overs in easy mode?

Now how about shot selection? If I wish to play a hook shot, surely you would rock onto the back foot, aim diagnonally and have a go? Why does the batsmen decide to play a sweep shot in this instance?

All of the reviews of the xbox version are true - as much as I hope the reviewers were just plain hopeless - the batting in this version is BROKEN, and I'd like to hear of anyone who's had a different experience with the xbox version.

2) I can't save any of my created players! Maybe there is a trick here that i'm missing, but each time I create/save, the rosters are completely reset when I turn the xbox back on and load the saved game. It seems that this option is only good until you turn the game off, then you have to go through the tedious process of adding the players again (and for anyone that has the xbox game, this is soooo slow, particularly changing players faces)

3) Run-outs are wrong. As they say, replays don't lie! Run outs are given out sometimes when the batsmen is 2 paces beyond the stumps, let alone the crease. This is plain ridiculous. Maybe the batsmen had both feet and his bat in the air when the bails were taken off? Somehow, I don't think so.

4) Defensive shots don't work! How hard should it be to play a defensive shot? it seems that if the ball is anywhere near your toes, the ball has the magic ability to sometimes pass through the bat and onto the stumps - i don't have this problem in the pc game....well not nearly as often anyway.

5) LBWs seem incorrect - have EA heard about the fact that if it pitches outside leg stump, or if it strikes you outside off when offering a shot, it can't be out? Pathetic! THe great thing about LBs in BL is that you can almost straight away tell if it's out or not, and it seems consistent with the laws of the game. It seems EA didn't get a copy of these laws when they made this version.

6) AI simply doesn't exist! How is it that a brett lee yorker can be lifted square for six on almost every occassion in a one day match?

I quite like the PC version, as it seems to work somewhat, and practice pays dividends in terms of timing shots etc. but this just seems impossible in the xbox version. Batting has frustrated me to the point where it will never go back in my xbox.

As far as I can see for xbox owners - BL is the ONLY choice. As far as a 2-player game it wins hands down, as the ability to swing/drift the ball early/late makes it as much as a bowlers games as it is a batters. As for C2005 - 2 player games become a yorker fest, due to the aforementioned bug. Disappointing stuff - it rightly deserves all of its sub 20% scores it's receiving in reviews - it is hands down, one of the worst games i've ever played, period. The only thing it has going for it is the stats/number of players etc. I actually prefer BLs graphics over C2005s on the xbox - the aniumations are a lot better, zero slow down (unless you put all of your fielders around the bat) and a lot faster.

I got an answer for #2

You have to save it on a roster in save program

You can, but just not after an over or innings.

And thats why i returned my game, all those problems you listed is ridiculous. I have no idea how this game got through testing???

i've tried saving it on a roster. the roster will keep my players in there until I i reset the xbox. next time i load up the profile or roster, it has reset. and my created players are no where to be seen.

do you think that a problem like this is good enough to get my money back? who can I report this bug to?

valvolux said:
i've tried saving it on a roster. the roster will keep my players in there until I i reset the xbox. next time i load up the profile or roster, it has reset. and my created players are no where to be seen.

do you think that a problem like this is good enough to get my money back? who can I report this bug to?

never had till other day when it reset my rosters it kept my players but wiped out there stats

Last edited:
Ive had no problems with saving my created players stats, just save the roster and profile before you turn it off.

The game is very average in retail mode, but you can apply most of the pc patches if you have a modified xbox. I prefer it to BLIC when modified.

BLIC plays much better off the shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread