Younis Khan unwilling to take over as Pakistan captain

This is interesting, who will be the captain then? M. Yousuf?
Hm... Musharraf rejected Naseem Ashraf resignation, maybe they will force Younis to stay as captain? A lot of strange stuff happening in our cricket nowadays! :(

well if Younis doesnt take over as captain than i would like to see Malik as captain but i dont think thats gona happen. its probably gona be Yousuf.

well guys in my point of view i guess u people knw abt the Shoaib Malik matter of 20/20 Cup in pakistan And Younis Khan Also have a Bad Past he reject the captancy of pakistani team before the ICC Champions Trophy . I think we need a Agressive Captain this time and i think Shoaib Akhtar is a very agressive guy and he is a right choice for me but hes not a regular member of pakistani team like vaughan. And i hope he perform well if hes captain wot u think guys ???
Sorry my english is not so well if i do ney mistake plz forgive me

no worries about the english, but i have to completely disagree with you about Shoaib. Hes too old and who knows if hes gona play for Pakistan again, and i dont think that many of the Pakistani players would really follow his orders because in the past he has prooven not to be a team player and he often disregarded his captains advice.

i think that there is no way that Pakistan can go with anyone else but Younis, after being prepared for this day for a long time he has to be the next captain and if not him than there is only 2 other guys that i can think of that deserve it and thats Yousuf and Malik.

All-rounder Shahid Afridi has long been fancying his chances of taking over from his mentor Inzamam. It is believed that Abdul Razzaq, also a close Inzamam ally, thinks he has the credentials to be given the team?s command. Pace star Shoaib Akhtar, if he overcomes his fitness and doping-related woes, would also be an aggressive candidate. Then there are a few more potential future captains like the talented Shoaib Malik and wicket-keeper Kamran Akmal.

Out of these five highly dangerous names,Shoaib Malik sounds the best to me.

What took me by surprise what the name of Afridi that spruced up.Razzak did lead the side in the ICC CT 2006.I dont mind him being Malik's deputy.

Malik would infact be the best choice.

I think Malik could be a pretty decent choice, you want your captain to be one of the first names on the teamsheet, in recent times he certainly is. He's young, so hopefully full of ideas, and he bats and bowls, so in theory can understand both sides of the game, as well as hopefully for Pakistans sake lead by example.

Malik would be good, Yousuf would be good choice for VC as he can talk to Malik and deal the situation with his experience.

I don't think it should be Yousuf he doesn't seem to be a guy who would be a great captain, even if he is Pakistan's best player. Malik seems a decent candidate, but names like Akhtar or Afridi would be a joke. IMO they would make matters worse.

Younis seemed ideal, Malik seems young but many people believe he can do the job.

I don't think Yousuf should get it, he is build along the same lines as Inzy a bit slobby not as active etc, I can't see him leading from the front!

And whoever said Afridi is mad, Pakistan would be all out in 2 overs or so....his advice would be 'Boys.......you know what to do *winks*'

They'd try to bang it for six all the time :p

Yousuf usually gave advice to Inzi, and I think he should be Vice-Captain. Don't rule Afridi out, I believe he has captained Pakistan U-19 and his county team in Pakistan.

But come on now how long will a player like Afridi last as capitan.....I thought he even said that cricket is over packed and he wants to spend time with family right?

I'd like to see Younis or Malik tbh...

Users who are viewing this thread