Your Cricket Your Favourite Shot?

Your Favourite Shot?

• Total voters
I love the feeling when you hit a perfect cover drive past the fielders to the boundary but The shot which gets me the most runs is probably the hook but to me it doesn't seem like a hook because I don't always play it to really fast bowlers.

I love the feeling when you hit a perfect cover drive past the fielders to the boundary but The shot which gets me the most runs is probably the hook but to me it doesn't seem like a hook because I don't always play it to really fast bowlers.

I think you are talking about the pull shot...

Mine is easily the square cut through point or gully. I love it when bowlers bowl it short and wide.. it's money for jam out there.

I think you are talking about the pull shot...

Mine is easily the square cut through point or gully. I love it when bowlers bowl it short and wide.. it's money for jam out there.

I think it is a hook because the ball is still around chest/head height its just not to really fast bowlers.

Hook shot is my favorite. Sight of ball sailing high over the deep midwicket for six is something special :p And as they say, sometimes strength can become weakness. I tend to play one too many hook shots and hit the short ball outside off which should have been cut. Result, Sometime go for six and sometimes caught at boundary.

Dancing down the track is one of my favorite shot too. Once we required 50 of last 3 overs and i was batting with tail. I said fling it, i danced down the track to the fast bowler for 3 consecutive balls and hit him for 3 sixes. Got out while hitting 4th:facepalm

AngryPixel added 6 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Just like to add one suggestion, Don't try dil-scooping when you dance down the track. Would get hit 7 out off 10 times in balls :facepalm

though shot looks funny if you see someone playing it. (Change the stance just before delivery to a chanderpaul like open stance, dance down the track, get on your knees and play the ball over your head. Mind you, success rate is very low, you might as well buy a lottery ticket if you manage to connect more than 1 :p)

mine is hook,pull,cover drive or extra cover drive,,cut shot.......

Bilalshuja added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

flick of the legs is satifying :p

legs side is most easiest place to play the shot......

I wanna edit my previous comment on this thread, the back-foot push is not my favorite because I can never make contact. My favorite and only scoring shot atm is an inside edge to fine-leg. My second favorite shot is a push back at the bowler and hope he fumbles so I can scamper for a single and take a sigh of relief. I am pretty decent when playing straight, which is probably why my off-side game is non existent. At least it's not that bad for only my 2nd trainings session with the seniors (having never played juniors anyway). :sarcasm

Last edited:
flick of the legs is satifying :p

I think thats a rather difficult shot, atleast for me :p
I am not too much of a wristy player. I have a Chanderpaul like stance and prefer slogging it out!
I love hitting cover drives though, especially when the bowler has bowled the perfect length ball near the off stump. I make room and send the ball running to the boundary! :D
Been bowled out a couple of time though especially if the ball swings in a lot :(

I say pull because when i don't have a big heave-ho at the ball and time it i middle it every time (such a great feeling).

I would like to explain my style it's not actually a pull. I was a really good golfer when i was very young like 4 maybe 5 something like that, i had perfect form when hitting the ball.

I've found now cricket and i think i adapted my golf swing to hitting a cricket ball. All i do is hit the ball, just wait and hit with my instincts, when i'm in form thats all i do.

I'm not giving this as advice unless your at-least 6' 1" and weight over 100kg's and use a bat that weighs 3 pounds or more.

I would like to explain my style it's not actually a pull. I was a really good golfer when i was very young like 4 maybe 5 something like that, i had perfect form when hitting the ball.

I've found now cricket and i think i adapted my golf swing to hitting a cricket ball. All i do is hit the ball, just wait and hit with my instincts, when i'm in form thats all i do.

I'm not giving this as advice unless your at-least 6' 1" and weight over 100kg's and use a bat that weighs 3 pounds or more.

Ahh.. i get it.. You are Lance Klusener ;)

Has to be the kp reverse sweep tbh.
oh and the off drive.
i cant cut AT ALL, but my pull is descent given im not beaten for pace.

Users who are viewing this thread