Your favourite song covers

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Move to Entertainment if you wish. I shoved it in here because it's likely to get more attention.

This, in my opinion, is the greatest cover ever played. It's a shame they decided it would be the one and only time the band ever performed the song. One of my favourite songs of all time, and by far my favourite cover.

Post your favourite song covers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably Where Did You Sleep Last Night by Nirvana. I think it was first sung by some 1950's blues guy, and it was called In The Pines. I love Nirvana's version though, such raw emotion in it.

Pretty much all the good Nirvana songs are covers, Lake of Fire is another good one.

Pretty much all the good Nirvana songs are covers

No, no they aren't.

The person you're alluding to Dr Pepper was Lead Belly who was a brilliant blues folk artist during the 30s and 40s.

Awesome cover of Float On by Iron Horse (originally by Modest Mouse) a bluegrass band.

Let me reiterate and perhaps save face a bit.

Pretty much all the good songs on the unplugged album are covers.

I fear I'm turning into a doddering old fool. Was going to say that there was at least 6 Nirvana originals on that album that were better. I'm thinking of the wrong album. :laugh

Throwing another one of my favourite covers; the original is awesome but this eclipses it.

The Gary Jules cover of Mad World is much better than the Tears for Fears version imo.
Can't think of any other covers atm.

Few covers are better than the original and no better example than Jimi Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower

^not sure whether I like the original or this cover

Tears for Fears version is far better than Gary Jules' one, it's meant to be an upbeat and reasonably creepy song I suppose, Gary Jules turns it into some soppy emotional wreck that sounds like it fits into a 'Donate to save an Orphan' ad or some chick flick.

Tears for Fears is definitely the better version.

I don't like how it sounds when it's upbeat :/

Yeah, but it's meant to be upbeat.. and weird. It's about a mad world, it's a strange song.. not a sad one.

I don't know, it's probably just because I grew up on the Tears for Fears version but I've just never liked the cover as much.

I thought Seether's version of Careless Whisper was going to be horrible, but it wasn't actually too bad. Original is still better though.

Suspicious Minds: Fine Young Cannibals....what a song, what a singer!

Users who are viewing this thread