Bowler ordinary
Keeper poor
Allrounder poor
Skills
Batting dreadful Endurance poor
Bowling ordinary Technique reasonable
Keeping poor Power ordinary
Fielding average

Just a shame about the bowling but I'll keep him.

He looks pretty good. Straight bowling for the first couple of seasons I reckon. Maybe a bit or endurance as well. He has good fielding already and has a triggered talent, so he'll go great

Well I've worked out one season. Better academies result in worse pulls. I was making fairly good pulls at the start of last season when my academy was pretty low but I haven't made a good pull in like 10 weeks. And today's pull was a 17 year old RM ordinary/dreadful bowler with atrocious endurance so no better at all.

Great pull I think it is

Winners or losers >> Ariyasiri Kalum >> Details
Player Info
16 years old | 19,989 rating | $683 wage

Left hand batsman | Left arm Finger spin

Talents Gifted (Keeping)
Nationality Sri Lanka
Form reasonable
Fatigue energetic
Experience dreadful
Captaincy ordinary
Skills Summary
Batsman poor
Bowler dreadful
Keeper poor
Allrounder dreadful
Skills
Batting ordinary Endurance poor
Bowling dreadful Technique ordinary
Keeping ordinary Power ordinary
Fielding poor

So will replace him with this person

Winners or losers >> Stanley Maynard >> Details
Player Info
17 years old | 18,984 rating | $696 wage

Left hand batsman | Right arm Medium

Talents Skilled (Keeping)
Nationality Australia
Form reasonable
Fatigue rested
Experience atrocious
Captaincy reasonable
Skills Summary
Batsman poor
Bowler dreadful
Keeper ordinary
Allrounder dreadful
Skills
Batting ordinary Endurance poor
Bowling poor Technique dreadful
Keeping reasonable Power atrocious
Fielding poor

How much do you think the bottom one is worth?

Not worth too much because of that technique

Ryan Gallagher >> Details
Player Info
16 years old | 20,414 rating | $908 wage

Right hand batsman | Right arm Finger spin

Talents Opener, Prodigy
Nationality Ireland
Form average
Fatigue energetic
Experience dreadful
Captaincy capable
Skills Summary
Batsman poor
Bowler poor
Keeper poor
Allrounder poor
Skills
Batting average Endurance dreadful
Bowling ordinary Technique dreadful
Keeping poor Power poor
Fielding poor

Will keep him.

You must be cursing that dreadful tech and endurance. 16 yo, Average batting, Opener talent, Prodigy Talent. Oh well, just keep him on batting tech until he catches up and maybe get a level of fielding in there as well to help catch up a little. And you'll need a few levels of endurance somewhere along the way.

Well I've worked out one season. Better academies result in worse pulls. I was making fairly good pulls at the start of last season when my academy was pretty low but I haven't made a good pull in like 10 weeks. And today's pull was a 17 year old RM ordinary/dreadful bowler with atrocious endurance so no better at all.

I've noticed that too although I've got some okay pulls this season but starting to rethink my strategy since the main reason I went with a high youth investment was for better pulls.

I do it for the training advantages but nice pulls do help. Academy doesn't really affect youth pulls that much. They should change it so they do.

Academies to positively affect youth pulls, but the amount is almost insignificant. Makes sense in some ways.

"Having a higher youth academy level will increase the chances of recruiting a star of the future." I took that to mean a lot more than what I've got.

It's more like:

"Having a higher youth academy level will increase the chances ever so slightly of recruiting a star of the future."

Yea, but the wording isn't exactly incorrect, it's just not that clear.

Does anyone else read the FTP forums? It can be quite informative about some of the inner workings of the game engine

You must be cursing that dreadful tech and endurance. 16 yo, Average batting, Opener talent, Prodigy Talent. Oh well, just keep him on batting tech until he catches up and maybe get a level of fielding in there as well to help catch up a little. And you'll need a few levels of endurance somewhere along the way.

Yeah, I'll be doing just that.
First of all I need to catch up his technique and endurance and then I'll go fielding. Hopefully it will all come soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread