The Toon- Geordie Style (It's back!)

Just a thanyou to all readers and posters as we have made it to the 10th page. Thankyou for your support and I hope I can continue this story for a long time to come.

Thankyou. :happy

EDIT: Premature... :(

Sorry I haven't updated in days but I have been incredibly busy and wil be incredibly busy until Saturday, in which I will try to update.

Thanks.

Couldn't get on PC on Thursday, Friday and only got back about 30 minutes ago from Lincoln's home game against Wycombe(1-0!). There will hopefully be a update tomorow after I have finished my Geography essay.

Anyway, my main point for posting was to say thankyou to all readers and posters, for helping this story get Other Games Story of the Month. :happy

Well done Jaz! Keep it goin :) Well done Lincoln, shame Coventry had to go and lose 2-1 to bottom of the league Scunthorpe... ARRRGGHHH!

Wednesday 26th December

5 days till the last day of December, and the last day of 2007. What a year it has been! Christmas was totally different this year, last year we went to my Mother in Law's house for Christmas dinner and exchanged average presents. Now though, we were going everywhere. 2 Christmas dinners on Christmas Day, and 2 on Christmas Eve! The presents also have become more expensive, but it is worth it. Interesting to see how the other half live, and boy do I love it! Sitting top at the Premiership just enhances Christmas and up here in Newcastle, you can tell it is not going to end any time soon.

Following last weeks away win against Birmingham, we are on a 1 win run. Chelsea knicking 3 points in a 7 goal thriller, 18 days ago. That is in the past though and we need to look the future. HEck, we need to look to today's match. A home game to underachievers, like us, Totetnham Hotspur. This game had the potential to be a cracking affair, and I'm sure it will pan out well. Martins and Owen have been pairing up well in training, although Taylor has been poor. Looking ahead to January, we only have one person coming. Bacinovic, a 6 foot 2 inch Defender, who could be a cheap replacement for Taylor, if we decide to sell him. Everyone is fighting for their places now, obciously excluding Martins and Radoi, who have been instrumental this season, but we need to come together and win games 1 at a time. We have also rejected, a ?10,900,000 bid for Owen from AC Milan, as I think we can fetch ?12,000,000 for him. Also we have rejected a bid from Arsenal, wanting Taylor, for ?7,500,000 as that is not enough.

An incredible start to the game for us, as Michael Owen scores his 14 goal of the season, 9th in the Premiership. Milner supplied the cross, for Michael Owen to nod in at the front post. A cracking start to the game! 10 minutes later and Emre comes close. A shot from 25 yards, saved by Paul Robinson quite comfortably, but could of been so different if Paul's positioning would of been spot on. Disaster then strikes as Steed Malbranque scores the exact same goal as Joe Cole did, 18 days ago. Robbie Keane pulled it back, for Malbranque to hit a wonderful curling shot to the far post. Given had no chance. Tottenham start coming on the attack and playing fast football as Berbatov and Keane are soon denied by the fingertips of Shay Given, in between the posts for us. On the counter attack, we strike. A pinpoint pass from Owen to Martins, gave Obafemi a gifted goal as he slotted home to score yet again. We start to dominate, although Tottenham have most of the possession, until referee, Lee Probert, ends the half. A satisfactory half for us, methinks.

Well a different half, I'll take it, however I think we can do better. Tottenham have been dominating play, but we have been getting the shots, unlike them. Taylor has been shocking and Barton hasn't been much better. Taylor will definetly be coming off. Berbatov has been very good in this match so far, and he will be instrumental for Tottenham in the second half. Come on Newcastle!

Well, everyone has to wait 16 minutes for the first chance, and by god it was a goal. A lucky goal, but still a goal. Unfortunately, this went to Tottenham's Jermaine Jenas. A through ball by Berbatov got a slight deflection, and Jermain Jenas found himself one on one with Shay Given, with no defenders near him. He wasn't going to miss from there, and he duly delivered. Taylor was his original marker... 3 minutes later and it is 3-2 to Tottenham! Aaron Lennon picked out Berbatov with a lovely pass and a vicious strike at the top corner from about 25 yards, sealed the move. Radoi and Taylor were both about 5 feet from him but decided not to tackle. Come on lads! That's it, I've had enough. Emre and Milner come off for Butt and Faye, to cover for the struggling defence. Smith can also come on for Taylor, as Faye can drop into the back four. Straight away, the minute Taylor goes off, we score! A Habib Beye throw in, went straight to Obafemi Martins, who turned and hit a powerful shot past Paul Robinson, to get us back into the match at 3-3. 17 minutes to go, can we find a winner? As the fans start to sing and bring up morale, we started winning balls in the air and start clawing back possession. Martins! You absolute beast, a hat-trick has given us the lead with 8 minutes to go! Habib Beye, again the supplier, as he whipped a ball across from the right hand side, for Martins to bring down and smash into the back of the net. Fantastic! We even nearly got a 5th, as in the 94th minute, Michael Owen hits the post from a Martins cross. The final whistle is blown, 4-3 victors!

Martins again taking to limelight, as he scores a hat-trick to give us the win. Martins and Radoi have just been inspirational this season, and in this match, they both delivered. Even Michael Owen enjoyed himself. I'm thinking of getting rid of Emre, as ?5,000,000 plus could really help us. Aston Villa have been reported to of wanted him, so all is good. A great game here today, Tottenham could feel a tad hard done today though, as we got lucky towards the end.

Unfortunately, Chelsea and Manchester United won. 1 more game until the exact half way stage, and we are 3 points clear of Chelsea. Manchester City away next, to end our year. Lots of players have been transfer listed by me today, as I look to get rid of our deadwood and bring in some real quality. Lulinha is coming in in July, that's a start. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" - Henry De Bracton

Newcastle 4 - 3 Tottenham
Owen 8
Martins 31,73,82

Given - 7
Beye - 7
Enrique - 7
Radoi(c) - 7
Taylor - 5(Sub 73)
Barton - 6
N'Zogbia - 7
Milner -8(Sub 63)
Emre - 6(Sub 63)
Owen - 8
Martins - 9

Harper - Unused Sub
Smith - 7(On 73)
Butt - 6(On 63)
Faye - 7(On 63)
Stancu - Unused SUb

Round The Grounds
Arsenal 2 - 0 Reading
Aston Villa 0 - 1 Middlesborough
Bolton 1 - 1 Man City
Derby 1 - 0 Birmingham
Fulham 2 - 2 West Ham
Liverpool 1 - 2 Everton
Man Utd 1 - 0 Wigan
Portsmouth 0 - 1 Chelsea
Sudnerland 1 - 2 Blackburn

Finally! Me been waiting long time for this! :) :p Well done Jaz, another sterling victory over the Carling Cup 2008 winners! Oba doing well as usual! Has he asked to leave like that b*stard Michael owen?

Saturday 29th December

Don't you just love the transfer windows? Since our last game against Tottenham, we have recieved a few offers for players. A few to note like, AC Milan offering £15,000,000 for Michael Owen, Lazio offering £13,300,000. Lazio's bid was rejected, of course, and I haven't decided on Milan's bid yet, Owen can be instrumental. Arsenal have negotiated their bid for Steven Taylor, taking their bid upto £10,000,000 which could be too good to refuse. Tottenham are also interested in one of our players, as most clubs are, and has offered £10,000,000 for James Milner. If I sell them all I could generate £35,000,000 with me need no real need to buy again in January, although may a little bit. Decisions, decisions. What do you think?

Following our triumph over Tottenham, last game, we today had to travel to the lovely(...) city of Manchester, to face the infamous Manchester City. The City of Manchester Stadium is a beautiful stadium, and the facilities inside were definetly up to scratch. Manchester City have been doing better than expected this season, but I think that they aren't really playing to their best, as they have a very good team indeed. Today's team won't be that imaginative as I want to make sure I win this game, although I will bring Nicky Butt back into the mix. Our game is the late game today and in the games earlier today, there were some real shocks. Although, I will tell you about them later, towards the end of this diary entry. For now, the match.

First chance of the match, happened to go to the home side, fell the Valeri Bojinov. The top goalscorer of Man City recieved the ball from Diaby, but his shot couldn't find the back of the net and was a comfortable safe for Shay Given. It is soon clear to me that Man City will be a great strength at set pieces as they come close from two corners in the opening 15 minutes. Interesting. Our first chance comes after 21 minutes, a lovely tackle by Butt then followed up with a timed pass to Owen who couldn't really generate much power on the shot, as Isaksson saved easily. A foul from Richard Dunne warrants a yellow card and from the free kick, not directly, we score. With the free kick, we knocked it out wide for Milner to cross in. Michael Owen then dislodged a shot into the bottom left hand corner, leaving no rooms for error, as we soon took the lead! Second shot of the game, to Man City's 9 isn't much, but we were clawing possession back. Towards the end of the half nothing much happened, apart form a few silly fouls from both teams, with Radoi getting carded. Nothing worth writing about though, but we went into the dugout at half time with a comfortable, 1-0 lead. Average performance though.

Nothing to gloat about really in that half, bar the goal which was a rather decent goal. The lads were playing good enough fotoball, just not enough of it. It was like we didn't care, or as some would say "Couldn't be bothered" or "Can't be arsed" which, just isn't good enough. A select few will definetly coming off in the second half for their own personal reasons, especially as some of the players stamina and condition is getting a tad low. I need them for the tight January fixture list. Oh well, the second half can only really get better.

A good start to the second half, but a very dire start for entertainment value. We were playing to some of our strengths and knocking the ball around with confidence, enjoying it at the same time. It took a while for the first chance to come though, 27 minutes in fact. Joey Barton with a tremendous ball out to Milner who whipped a ball in, for Onuoha to head straight back to Milner. Milner then hit a powerful shot, only for Isaksson to tip over. Good save. From that corner, Nicky Butt got his head to the ball, only to be denied by Isaksson yet again. The least amount of chances, ever, in my reign as a manager as the last chance comes in the 90th minute! IT falls to Man City, their one last chance to draw level. Fortunately for us, it fell to Darius Vassell, who isn't the best striker of the ball in the world. This became incredibly obvious when he hit the ball way over the crossbar, from 15 yards. A win nonetheless, not the most convincing ever, but we defended well in the second half and we controlled our lead and never looked like losing any points. 58% of possession proves this.

A rubbish game, to be honest, but we played to our tactics, which aren't always going to impress the fans or pundits every time. Both keepers had good games, but Shay Given got Man of the match, for making one more save than Isaksson. Tough luck mate! Michael Johnson looks like a nice little buy, maybe I could replace Milner with Johnson? There is Giles Barnes to think about too though. An average performance today, football wise. Enough to get the three points, though.

Now onto the earlier results. I am very happy to say no-one in the top 8 won(bar me), including half of them losing. Chelsea drew, Manure lost, Arsenal lost... What a day! Exactly half way through the season now, 19 games played and we have scored 54 goals! The downside is we have conceded 19 goals, which is a goal a game. Maybe I need to invest in the defence, although Radoi has been impeccable. We have been playing well but there is always room for improvement, as you can never have perfection. "Literature is a luxury; fiction is a necessity." - G.K Chesterton

Man City 0 - 1 Newcastle
Owen 35

Given - 8
Beye - 7(Sub 85)
Enrique - 7
Radoi(c) - 7
Taylor - 7
Butt - 7(Sub 76)
N'Zogbia - 6(Sub 85)
Milner - 8
Barton - 7
Owen - 8
Martins - 7

Harper - Unused Sub
Emre - 6(On 76)
Torje - Unused Sub
Smith - 7(On 85)
Faye - 7(On 85)

Round The Grounds
Birmingham 2 - 2 Portsmouth
Chelsea 0 - 0 Blackburn
Everton 0 - 0 Bolton
Middlesborough 1 - 0 Arsenal
Man City 0 - 1 Newcastle
Reading 1 - 0 Man Utd
Sunderland 0 - 1 Fulham
Tottenham 1 - 0 Derby
West Ham 0 - 0 Aston Villa
Wigan 2 - 1 Liverpool

Two close wins there. Still incredibly you've lost just the 1 game! Could be a premiership record for amount of points scored in a season if you carry on like this! Congrats on SOTM award Jaz :)

December 2007 - An Overview

November was a fantastic month, as we again didn't drop any points, as we look on course to win the Premier Division in our first season. With the win of the year against Sunderland, away, in this month it will be hard to beat. We were sensational away this month, but at home we were poor against Pompey. Lets hope Decemeber can be nearly as productive.

Blackburn Rovers 3 - 4 Newcastle United
Fantastic game, with goals coming all the time, from everywhere. McCarthy the scorer for us in the first half, with a well placed header, only for them to come back into it, to be level at the break. Margaritescu and Stancu soon give us the 3-1 lead we were looking for until, Blakburn pull one back. We then seal the game with Owen scoring in the 82nd minute, but not without a late scare from Blackburn as they produce a late goal. Should of been more comfortable, but good game nonetheless.

Newcastle United 3 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Very average game, with not much football in the second half but we didn't need to do much, after our first half display. A disallowed goal to start with, unlucky for Martins, for Barton to open the floodgates with a sweet shot from 20 yards. The second and third goals came shortly after, with Martins proving his worth, even more! The second half was poor with no real attempts at goal, but we stil lgot that important win.

Newcastle United 3 - 4 Chelsea
No comment.:(

Birmingham 0 - 2 Newcastle
Not so good performance from us, can't blame them too much after the game against Chelsea, but we got the win that we needed. Michael Owen and Joey Barton scoring 4 minutes of eachother, to give us a quite comfortable win, apart from a rocky second half. We should win these games though, so no surprise.

Amazing game. The third 4-3 of the month! Good start to the game for us as Owen found the net after 8 minutes, with a cracking header. Malbranque then scores for Tottenham, to make the score 1-1 and then we take the lead again through dangerman Obafemi Martins. 2-1 Half Time. 2 quickfire goals from Tottenham soon put the luck and fortune into their hands as they take the lead, only to be denied by two more Martins goals!

Man City 0 - 1 Newcastle
A very 'meh' game, to be honest. A very boring game only staged the one goal, which happened during the first half. Michael Owen the man to get the goal, as he finishes a well placed cross from Milner. A win is a win, I guess. Still, we could do it in better fashion.

A fantastic month, bar our small minor blip at home to Chelsea. Our first loss under my managerment, and hopefully our last. A good month with loads of wins(5) to propell us further ahead at the top of the table. Martins is still in deadly form, including his fantastic hat-trick away at Tottenham and now has 30 goals, at the midway point in the season. I didn't get manager of the month, sadly, only to be beaten by Avram Grant. Nice to see us still get two awards though, as Milner and Owen picked up their own awards, respectively.

Manager Of The Month
1.Avram Grant

Player Of The Month
1.Michael Owen

Young Player Of The Month
1.James Milner

5Table-December.jpg

Great month again Jaz, shame about Chelsea, but they are obviously the best side you have faced so far obviously as they haven't lost yet. Disappointing to see Blackburn so low, and amazing to see Derby so high! Liverpool are underperforming just like real life, and Portsmouth maybe should be doing a bit better. Great story so far Jaz as I've said before. Lets hope for greater and better things at Newcastle United football Club! Good luck!

Well done Jaztheman! 5 win and a creditable loss against Chelsea. Brilliant to see Newcastle at the top considering this may never happen in real life for a long long time!! and I'm secretly loving the fact that Sunderland and Birmingham are in the relegation zone! :p Come on you Geordies!!!

Users who are viewing this thread