What car do you drive?

I'm on my dad's insurance now for his 7 Series and one thing I've got to say in my experience with that car is that BMW's have terrible gearbox's. It is honestly like trying to move the stick through concrete. It has been taken numerous times to the garage but apparently it is working normally. I would happily take my Fiat's gearbox over it any day. Of course the speed, acceleration and general coolness factor of the BMW does kick the Fiat's ass as I do enjoy cruising around in a black BMW with blacked out window's :D

Thank God for company insurance :thumbs

I drive a 1300 CC Kia Classic. We have had it about for ten years now. Its a family car and we are a combined family, so the car is mostly on the road. Still going hard though.

For a small car, your budget is pretty large. As mentioned above, I'd say do not go in for a Micra. Reasons being,the dealer network is being freshly setup in India and thus you may have some teething trouble with those lot and regd the car- the drive ability sucks.
Agreed.By 7 lakhs I mean the on road price with inclusion of registration, accessories, etc.Though we won't have to spend on the music systems and speakers as nowadays its being included in every cars.
Hyundai i20 is a decent option and a really nice car. Offers ample space, good A.S.S [After Sales Service] and nice to drive and park.
Yeah, its on our wish list.Width is the only problem though.We have a garage with the width of 7ft(non-expandable).It should be possible for us to get in the car and get it out with no harm to the car, of course.
I would personally go in for a Honda Jazz, you might feel its a bit over-priced, but its quite zippy and fun to drive. Also, the Honda factor is a good reason to buy it as well.

For 7 lacs, you could also look at the sedans from Ford and Toyota- the Fiesta and Etios respectively. Fiesta is a powerful car and has got a dynamic engine. Esp, if you go in for the diesel variant, you can be assured of a more than healthy mileage. The Etios has been recently launched, and being a Toyota you would be inclined towards it. However, its striking resemblance to the Logan is going to put off many potential buyers.
We don't want to go for sedans subjected to limited space for garage.Yeah, we are preferring to go for diesel variants.Simple reason being the mileage and price difference between Petrol and diesel.Its better to spend 1lakh more rather then to suffer later.

Swift Diesel VDi. Use cash you save from the 7 Lakhs to add gizmos to the car - Alloys if you want, a good sound system.

You can look at i20, which is a good car, and if you're looking to go cheap, i10 is good in its class.
At last thanks for your suggestion.
Swift, its a good car as well.But even after spending on the gizmo's, it won't be able to give us the same luxury and comfort which a car at that price will give us.
Btw, if its your second car, try and get the insurance transfered from your old vehicle. Its cheaper by about almost 60% if you have the 'No-claim bonus' on your old vehicle.
Don't go in for the insurance on offer by the dealer as they tend to increase their revenues via the cross sale of these products.
Thanks for the suggestion, but actually it will be our 5th:PWe have Santro as the current one.

my dad uses Ritz vdi-dark red colour:yes

i drive honda accord model2010.its a luxery car.

Last edited:
Get a Toyota Corona 2.0 EX Saloon :D. That's my car right now and it's brilliant.

Few problems though:
-It's an automatic and I hate automatics. If I had my way, I'd ban them.
-It's quite a heavy car, although the 2.0 litre engine is produces a fair bit of torque so that's fine.
-Quite poorly soundproofed. Road noise is pretty loud and if you whisper in the car, someone outside will hear you.

All minor issues.

I think it's a fantastic first car (it's my second). Saving up now for either a Subaru B4 (standard, none of the rubbish modifications stupid boy racers do to it) or a Nissan Silvia (fun fun fun but again factory standard).

lol automatics are so easy though :p

Yea I see the appeal of them, if you want a nice easy cruise. I learned to drive in an automatic and then started learning manual after I got my restricted. It's a good way to go about it so that you're not worrying about gear changes and road rules. But if you are all serius about your driving, manual is the way to go.

You could go for a tiptronic gearbox so you can have both but that's still not as good a proper manual. I have driven a car with flappy paddle gearbox (Audi RS6) and it wasn't too bad. They're getting much better these days.

I have probably the most common car on the roads at the moment, a Volkswagon Golf Mk4. I see so many of them when I'm out driving somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread