AC09 Sound Importer Beta

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
An export feature has been added for use, if you want to distribute your files. But the files are exported in FSB format that is used by the game. So you can't play it in a media player or edit it. I'd imagine writing a fsb to wav converter is not worth spending time on.

AbBh added 2 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

may i know when is the texture importer coming..?
No ETA. Its being written from scratch again. I finished the sound importer earlier as it was much easier to write.

AbBh added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Nice work AbBh. Thanks you. Had a little trouble importing a few .wav's (sample rate problem?) but coverting to mp3 seemed to do the trick.
Did it give you an error message or the sound failed to play? It might be a sample rate issue. If you could tell me the sample rate of those wav files, I'll look into it.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Nice to see you're working a texture importer AbBh it's pretty much all the game needs, especially as the gameplay is pretty impressive (so far anyway)

coolz_hari

International Coach
An export feature has been added for use, if you want to distribute your files. But the files are exported in FSB format that is used by the game. So you can't play it in a media player or edit it. I'd imagine writing a fsb to wav converter is not worth spending time on.
My Idea is to exort the sounds & improve them or mixing with other sounds will make them better.
Anyway Thanks for the reply Abh

coolz_hari added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Nice to see you're working a texture importer AbBh it's pretty much all the game needs, especially as the gameplay is pretty impressive (so far anyway)

agreed with you . Texture editor will increase the life of the game for sure.please work on that

papalazarou

Club Captain
Did it give you an error message or the sound failed to play? It might be a sample rate issue. If you could tell me the sample rate of those wav files, I'll look into it.

No error message, just wouldnt import. It would say importing... and just hang there. I tried saving it (in goldwave) with a few different attributes but to no avail. Its not a huge problem because as I mentioned converting the file to mp3 solved the issue.

shrenik

International Coach
Has anyone managed to put new sounds in the game yet, without it crashing?

Yup...managed to replace most of the crowd sfx with ease
if you are facing some problems while importing,convert the file to mp3(128 kbps,44.1 KHz..That's what i've done) and it should be fine

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
I'll look into the wav problem.
Has anyone managed to put new sounds in the game yet, without it crashing?
Did it crash on importing? I haven't had a single crash while testing, nor has anyone reported it to me. Unless the sound you select is incompatible, there is no reason for the game to crash.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'll look into the wav problem.

Did it crash on importing? I haven't had a single crash while testing, nor has anyone reported it to me. Unless the sound you select is incompatible, there is no reason for the game to crash.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear: I haven't put any sounds in the game, but I was wondering if others have? In other words, how far are we from someone uploading some sounds for us to try out ourselves? Especially the crowd sounds - they're so bloody rubbish right now.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
You don't see any patches because its complicated to distribute them as of now. I'm working on something that'll make it easy to do so. It'll take some time because I'm quite busy over the next few weeks.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
You don't see any patches because its complicated to distribute them as of now. I'm working on something that'll make it easy to do so. It'll take some time because I'm quite busy over the next few weeks.

No problem - it wasn't my intention to sound pushy. Release when ready and when you have time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread