India's Tests against South Africa cancelled (apparently by CSA)

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
India has been playing Sri Lanka, while we have been playing WI. And filling out Brabourne Stadium isn't the hardest thing to do.

Remember the Border-Gavaskar series last year? Tendulkar going for the world record? 15 000 people.

Lawl, got de-repped for one of my comments. I wonder who it was:spy

Wow lol, lost like 24 rep points!

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
India has been playing Sri Lanka, while we have been playing WI. And filling out Brabourne Stadium isn't the hardest thing to do.

Remember the Border-Gavaskar series last year? Tendulkar going for the world record? 15 000 people.

Lawl, got de-repped for one of my comments. I wonder who it was:spy

Wow lol, lost like 24 rep points!

The point here is that Kanpur and Brabourne both saw almost sell out crowds inspite of there being no weekend cricket. I don`t think the GABBA even had 10000 people on Day 3 of the first test which was also a Saturday. Same with Adelaide yesterday and today. So, to say that test cricket is dying in India would be a misinformed comment.

Sureshot

Executive member
Yeah guys, let's not be silly, we know that Bangladesh and New Zealand are two world class teams who are really gonna challenge India

:sarcasm

Stupid BCCI and stupid boards from other countries for being so motivated by money. At times I wish 20/20 had never been invented, hit and giggle is really ruining the true art of cricket.

Damn those businesses that are motivated by money! Like it or lump it, cricket is a multi-billion pound industry.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, it's incredible how much has changed from 2004-now!

Damn you Kerry Packer, damn you!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
India has been playing Sri Lanka, while we have been playing WI.
Sri Lanka is hardly one of our biggest rivals. Also, did you take into account the fact that we've been playing Sri Lanka in almost three series' a year? Surely people would've got bored of that by now?

Secondly, I thought Aussie fans are real cricket fans compared to Indian ones. So you shouldn't be equaling us, you should be surpassing us, right? If India can fill up a ground against Sri Lanka, you should be able to do the same against West Indies since they are less popular opponents--because the real cricket fans wouldn't care about the opponents. :sarcasm

King Cricket

International Coach
One solid series doesn't really change anything.....

There is nothing to change. Test cricket isn't dead in India, it's as simple as that. You schedule the matches properly, host them in decent venues, produce pitches conducive to result; and people would still turn up in huge numbers (the last Test against Sri Lanka proves my point). ATM, there's actually a surge in interest amongst the Indians as far as Test cricket is concerned, because of us being the present table-toppers.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think there's confusion between the BCCI and Indian cricket fans.

BCCI = financially-driven organization that works based on bottom-line
Indian cricket fan = (usually over-)passionate follower of cricket in any and all its forms

You can continue to insult the BCCI as much as you wish (although it gets boring after a while and if you insult them without cause then I'll probably take you on for an argument) but insulting Indian cricket fans because of the actions of the BCCI is not down. The BCCI isn't a democratic representation of the Indian public. We don't all sit down at a huge meeting and decide how many Tests India should play.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
More like cricket's biggest temperamental fans. Love their guys when they do well, but if they dare have a bad day, we crack out the effigies and start calling for heads!!! :laugh

I thought every person wears a skirt and holds a bagpiper and plays for life in scotland, Tom! ;)

:p

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
No, I genuinely think that the Indian population is more devoted to cricket than we are. Here it's just the summer sport to most, but in India it's a way of life.

By no means am I slagging off Indian cricket or it's fans, I just think it would be sad to see it become completely T20.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
BCCI should be ashamed of this horrendous act. This is equivalent of suicide bombing on test cricket :facepalm

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
No, I genuinely think that the Indian population is more devoted to cricket than we are. Here it's just the summer sport to most, but in India it's a way of life.

By no means am I slagging off Indian cricket or it's fans, I just think it would be sad to see it become completely T20.

Watch the Indian fans slowly get too stuffed up by T20 that they start running at the very sight of it. The BCCI/IPL will kill it off with their IPL thing.

P

pcfan123

2020 burnout is an inevitability, in the last 3 years alone we have had 2 "world cups", 2 IPLs, CL, other boards domestics (which now include internationals) and ICL.

Talk about killing the goose that lays the golden egg. This is just one of the reasons why I think Test cricket is here to stay. It will always have the purist fans and might even gain new fans to those who were attracted to cricket by 2020 and wanted to learn more about the sport.

The only thing that can kill Test cricket is for the top ranked teams to cancel high interest series and reduce the numbe of matches they play per year.

Users who are viewing this thread