Best Cricket Shots of the Decade | [2000-2009] |

Sachin smashing Caddick out of the park after Caddick said something to him. I still remember the look of repentance on Caddick's face. :p

And Murali is such a genius. He's taught us so many awesome shots and he truly is the batting coach of glorious No.11s like Glenn McGrath, Monty Panesar & Chris Martin :rtfl

Who can forget this Six.. I watch this shot all the Time

[Youtube]
[/Youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Gayle hitting Nathan Hauritz onto the WACA roof just a couple of weeks ago was damn impressive, but..

The standout 6 I've seen last decade was from Brett Lee and he hit Daren Powell over midwicket and OUT of the 'Gabba. Can't find any footage of it, but it was in a Test match in '05/06 I'd guess. It was truly massive.

sehwag hit a really good one inside out over extra cover against sri lanka just last month.

another one I liked was the one yuvraj hit against broad, it was the 4th ball and it was practically a beamer, although well wide of him, obviously trying anything to stop the onslaught and he just reached out and flicked it square out the ground.

oh and his straight one off a flintoff yorker in that ODI series. I had never seen anyone hit a yorker like that before.

Last edited:
Tendulkar's uppercut vs Shoaib > Caddick six.

I quite enjoy his shot over the slips as well -
sachin+improvised+shot.jpg

This was really one of the best shots, i guess this was played against B Lee, and in Melbourne match, he scored around 70, the ball was coming on the bat very well, it was a bouncer and he really played a beautiful shot..

Sachin does play that shot very well,good pics, plz keep uploading such pics....Thanks...
Better thread than silly comparisions....

*thinks about opening a shot comparison thread: Dilscoop v Dhonismash*

Oh, who can forget the DHONI BHEEMA GADHA SIX!!! :happy

Cricketman added 3 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

I don't get why it's called the Dilscoop. McCullum played those shots in his IPL innings and in international innings before that which was long before Dilshan was doing it.

Tbh it should be the KKD scoop. :D He's done it a lot, especially in domestic cricket. Did it a fair few times against England in the tests he opened in too. It's the first shot he plays here, don't mind the terrible Arun Lal commentary though.

Robin Uthappa had a phase when that was the only shot he could play during the first IPL...

Users who are viewing this thread