Best Cricket Shots of the Decade | [2000-2009] |

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
McCullum and KKD or w/e shots are nothing like Dilscoop.

Dilshan plays it more straight and right over his head. if he misses it, he will take a blow. if Dinesh misses, it could hit the stumps or go over it. looks more like a sweep shot

Dare

Chairman of Selectors

Dilshan plays it more straight and right over his head. if he misses it, he will take a blow. if Dinesh misses, it could hit the stumps or go over it. looks more like a sweep shot

Yea the ones McCullum and KKD play are like the one that Misbah got out on in the finals of the first 20/20 world cup. Nothing like Dilshans.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
ya its like Marillier/Scoop shot (the 1 in my avatar) but mixed with sweep shot. because they kept their knee down like sweeper. Marillier shot, where knees are up and standing.

just stop trying to give the credit to your players.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Shane Watson was the one who played that shot first. ODI WC 2007 :D

irottev

School Cricketer

Watch the IPL highlights of his 158*. He plays one exactly like what you people call the Dilshan one right over himself. The second one is like this. The first one is indeed more over fine leg.

McCullum played it before Dilshan and I think even before McCullum other players had done it a little. Calling it the Dilscoop because Dilshan "invented it" like most people think is bollocks. He copied other players.

In saying all this, he does use it more than anyone else does and seems to practice it more. So i'll give him that.

Last edited:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
ok well you tell me what sounds better to you, the dilscoop or the Mcscoop?

Maybe I should open a comparison thread with option 1. Dilscoop and option 2. Mcscoop

lonewolf5646

Club Captain
i think brian lara's hook shot which he plays of the back shot with front leg in air is the best lookin shot i have ever seen

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Watch the IPL highlights of his 158*. He plays one exactly like what you people call the Dilshan one right over himself. The second one is like this. The first one is indeed more over fine leg.

McCullum played it before Dilshan and I think even before McCullum other players had done it a little. Calling it the Dilscoop because Dilshan "invented it" like most people think is bollocks. He copied other players.

In saying all this, he does use it more than anyone else does and seems to practice it more. So i'll give him that.

dude you are b-l-i-n-d! they look nothing alike. he played that standing up. and it looked ugly! Dilshan sits down on 1 knee, gets in line, comes forward and plays it over his hand with perfection. Yes, Mc's went over his head too. but look how he played it. its nothing like Dilscoop. should be called Horizontal shot

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
^ Ashraful, you mean :laugh.

Yes, I remember that series and that shot really well. Ashraful is like the Tendulkar of Bangladesh, a Bangla friend of mine once told me :)

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Ashraful is like the Tendulkar of Bangladesh, a Bangla friend of mine once told me :)

LOL your friend lied to you. There is a reason Khalek said "AshraFOOL" the dude is horrible. He probably thought he was the king of the world when he had that great innings in the net west series and fell apart from there. The captaincy didn't help and he just kept on failing.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Yeah actually tbh most Bangladeshis sound like fools when they say Ashraful is the Sachin of Bangladesh. Yes he's helped us taste couple of great victories but also it's true that in his whole span of career he's lost us many many games as well and his captaincy was idiotic.

He can't even dream of becoming the 's' of Sachin Tendulkar.

Users who are viewing this thread