Pakistan

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Discuss about the defending Champions in this thread.

Key Players:

Shahid Afridi
Umar Akmal
Mohammed Aamer
Mohammed Asif
Abdul Razzaq

History

2007:Runners up
2009:Champions

Most runs
Shoaib Malik 603

Most Wickets
Umar Gul 43

We'll be missing Umar Gul even though he's been in terrible form lately.

If the pitches are conducive to spin, then it will be advantage Pakistan with Afridi, Ajmal, Hafeez, and Alam (and Rehman).

Then Razzaq, Aamer, and Asif the pacemen.

Batting will require some players to step up though. Hopefully the openers can put on atleast 25 runs on average and we should be ok.

Mohammad Sami and Abdur-Rehman have been called as replacements for Yasir Arafat and Umar Gul.

Our First XI Should be:

Hafeez
Latif/Butt
KAkmal
UAkmal
Afridi
Misbah
Alam
Razzaq
Ajmal
Aamir
Asif

Looks a good unit, but the big problem we see is the depth bowling scenario. Gul and Ajmal have been used recently but Ajmal hasnt been as succesful as we want and with Gul out, the options in the lineup arent good enough. Overall we have a strong unit, but If we compare it with our WC winning team then there is still a sizeable difference

Akmal
Hasan
Malik
Afridi
Younis
Misbah
Razzaq
Alam
Aamir
Gul
Ajmal

Mohammad Sami and Abdur-Rehman have been called as replacements for Yasir Arafat and Umar Gul.

Our First XI Should be:

Hafeez
Latif/Butt
KAkmal
UAkmal
Afridi
Misbah
Alam
Razzaq
Ajmal
Aamir
Asif

Looks a good unit, but the big problem we see is the depth bowling scenario. Gul and Ajmal have been used recently but Ajmal hasnt been as succesful as we want and with Gul out, the options in the lineup arent good enough. Overall we have a strong unit, but If we compare it with our WC winning team then there is still a sizeable difference

Akmal
Hasan
Malik
Afridi
Younis
Misbah
Razzaq
Alam
Aamir
Gul
Ajmal

i don't agree with your line up didn't you see hafeez playing recently? i did he was batting like a bowling nightmare he really deserves to be in playing XI

For me it should be

Hafeez
K.Akmal
U.Akmal
S.Afridi
Azam
Alam
Razzaq
Aamer
Sami
Asif
Ajmal

The best available Playing XI:)

Still In my opinion he is a matchwinner in the T20s, I might throw him there at least in place of Khalid Latif

Hafeez
K.Akmal
U.Akmal
S.Afridi
Azam
Alam
Razzaq
Aamer
Sami
Asif
Ajmal

The best available Playing XI:)

I don't think so. why are we playing 4 spinners (Afridi, Ajmal, Hafeez, Alam) and 4 seamers (Aamer, Razzaq, Asif, Sami)... thats 8 bowlers in the line up :eek:

Kick out Sami and get a full-time batsman in.. Misbah-ul-Haq.... OR Khalid Latif... I understand he hasn't yet done anything notable but given he has scored a double century in a first class one day..... he should be given a go...

I have to say I have not been a fan of Hafeez, but his recent exploits in T20 have been very explosive... and extremely consistent

I don't think so. why are we playing 4 spinners (Afridi, Ajmal, Hafeez, Alam) and 4 seamers (Aamer, Razzaq, Asif, Sami)... thats 8 bowlers in the line up :eek:
:facepalm.Afridi,Hafeez,Alam and Razzaq are playing as all rounders.And I dont think that Afridi will bowl Alam and Hafeez.

Kick out Sami and get a full-time batsman in.. Misbah-ul-Haq.... OR Khalid Latif... I understand he hasn't yet done anything notable but given he has scored a double century in a first class one day..... he should be given a go...
Khalid Latif is just crap.Misbah should play as we all know what can he do.
I have to say I have not been a fan of Hafeez, but his recent exploits in T20 have been very explosive... and extremely consistent
I agree.

Warm up match has proven that we have got too many crap players this time around. We have got Sami and Hafeez who can single handedly lose us the match on their own along with the ever green failure Kamran Akmal. I don't like our chances even against Bangladesh. Afridi, Ajmal, and Aamir are the only ray of hope for us.

Warm up match has proven that we have got too many crap players this time around. We have got Sami and Hafeez who can single handedly lose us the match on their own along with the ever green failure Kamran Akmal. I don't like our chances even against Bangladesh. Afridi, Ajmal, and Aamir are the only ray of hope for us.

what!!! i am amazed that you are saying this about Hafeez He is performing not too bad these days and i hope that he'll continue playing like this

Sami is a proven brainless bowler. Hafeez may have his second coming, he is the batsman in form, he has been constantly annihilating bowlers in the domestic setup, so maybe it will rub off in an international pretty soon.

Sami is a proven brainless bowler. Hafeez may have his second coming, he is the batsman in form, he has been constantly annihilating bowlers in the domestic setup, so maybe it will rub off in an international pretty soon.

what are you talking about? Hafeez has just hit a hundred in rbs t20 and performed well also in the frtost warm up match his bowling is also a key in Wi conditions and coming to sami mate he performed well in australia also and he has every right to be in the playing XI because we are also missing Gul as well

One can only feel sorry on your discouraging posts

what are you talking about? Hafeez has just hit a hundred in rbs t20 and performed well also in the frtost warm up match his bowling is also a key in Wi conditions and coming to sami mate he performed well in australia also and he has every right to be in the playing XI because we are also missing Gul as well

One can only feel sorry on your discouraging posts

and i feel sorry for your lack of attention. Read my post again... where did i mentioned anything about Hafeez not deserving of his place?

As for Sami.... as you mentioned 'playing XI'... tell me who he can replace in this lineup?

1. Butt/Latif
2. K. Akmal
3. Hafeez
4. Umar. Akmal
5. Afridi
6. Misbah
7. Fawad
8. Razzaq
9. Mohd. Aamer
10. Ajmal
11. Asif

please enlighten me who can Sami replace in that side.... i hope you don't say butt

Users who are viewing this thread