England In India - October 2011/12

Highlander999

ICC President
Boohoo, grow a pair, the Indians on here were the biggest pains ever when they became number 1, nothing like being made to eat humble pie! I also think you will find an admin created the poll ;)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Should England reverse their batting order for the final test?

This poll is an Insult to India and Cricket. Should be taken off immediately. Appeal to Cricket fans of all countries to ask the admins and mods to remove deeply insulting opinions.

Cricket is about bringing people together.

Cut it out!

To be fair no-one has voted no yet. I'm taking some of the suggestions made on TMS and posting them as tongue-in-cheek polls. Ditto the previous one on India being stripped of their test status.
It's a bit of fun. I think you've been living in the states too long to understand humour ;)

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
However though i go back on my old pet peeve and i continue to maintain its still too soon to rank ENG as number #1, just 8 months into their potentially dynasty which begun with the 2010/11 Ashes win. Its extremely knee-jerk to do judge ENG based on that fact that they won 19 out their last 30 tests since May 2009 as this BBC article shows: BBC Sport - Reaction as England beat India to move top of the cricket rankings

Nah, being #1 isn't subjective. We'll be top of the rankings after this series. We will be #1, no ifs, no buts. You may think South Africa are a better side, which is fine, that's your opinion, they are a good side and I'm looking forward to that series next year. But we will be #1 just like India have been for the last 20 months. Regardless of how flawed you think the table ranking is, it's the same system for everyone, playing more matches than others doesn't make a difference and it's not based on the last 2 years as you seem to point out in your post.

South Africa have drawn quite a few series over the last 3 years or so, that's been their down fall in a period when England have only drawn one series (when South Africa failed to kill us off). They're a good side, but they don't have our bowling depth. Just a shame the series next year is only 3 matches.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Indian fans getting riled up again. Bloody hilarious. Face up, you have been hammered by an English side which had a far more competitive series against a much weaker Pakistan side.
Indian has never and will never produce a genuine fast bowler...even of the calibre of Sami :lol. As Nasser Hussain said, "Indians do not have the physical stature of Pakistanis"...oops did I do it again :p
On the topic of Akhtar testing positive for "steroids" you are one amazing ignoramus. Akhtar apparently tested positive for a substance called nandrolone, which was given to him in minuscule amounts during injections after his elbow injury, which is why he was requited after a legitimate appeal.

And do Indian fans really want to open up a bag of worms on match fixing? I could go as recent as the IPL, the world's premier domestic cricket competition featuring many prominent INDIAN players...
So Indian fans (not all but like 99%) stop being sour losers and hijacking this thread, admit England outplayed, and to any Pakistani fans making the comments that their team played better, they have every right to say that after the astronomical hype and expectation which Indians themselves heaped upon their now much maligned cricket team. How many Indian fans were banging on about beating all comers just a month ago?
:wave

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
And @ Sobi, last time England went to India, India won 1-0 in a three match series. England are much stronger now. We'll see who wins when India play Australia down under

God, that was a terrible side. Shaun Udal? :p

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
If its the 1-0 series 1iram1 is talking about, then it was just a two match series in December 2008.

The one where Udal won the MOTM was the 3rd test of the 2006 series which ended at 1-1.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about 2008.

----------

In India's last 12 innings (this series & 2007) in England, they have passed 300 once. That's fairly impressive for a side who are supposed to be good at batting.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Damn! Dhoni has led india to 2 wc wins and donig well in IPL as well with his captaincy i don't think it will be right to sack him.It'S INDIAN BATTING THAT IS Doing nothing so they should change their mindset not the captain :)

macintosh

Club Captain
Congrats to England for becoming the number 1 test side:thumbs

----------

And for Indian fans,
India will bounce back after this series, really don't want to loose hope in my team. I m sure they will do something special to makeup for this humiliating performance.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
@The poll - Just play the England women's team. Or the Indian women's team. Either way you'll get a more competitive Test.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
@The poll - Just play the England women's team. Or the Indian women's team. Either way you'll get a more competitive Test.

You can surely do that with Australian team. A win against women team will surely boost their confidence. But what if they lose? :(

Sobi

Banned
I think Pakistan might just edge ahead of India after looking at this series. I don't understand why people still call them druggies. Those things were ages ago. I'm also pretty sure they're ranked above 8. And the match-fixing thing? That happened last year, in 1 match. They played 10-ish test matches since then, and played hundreds before. You might wanna get your facts right, and your brain checked.:yes

Haha dont even get me started on pakistan team now. You dont know sht abput pakistan cricket facts lol. Just search pakistan cricket drugs and bans on google and you will get tons of links telling their stories. Then can only be ranked better than india in categories such as taking drugs, ball tempering, match fixing, and surely for making bombs. Pakistan team is lucky that they are still into top 8. They shouldnt even be in the icc rankings and be kicked out just like their venue got kicked out. So instead of me, you need to get your brain checked but i highly doubt you have one :lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread