England In India - October 2011/12

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Congratulations!

Finally the cricket world is normal, the number 1 test spot belongs to a team that deserves it

Congratulations!

Will be a good thing for Cricket if England become world beaters.

Cricket will have a bigger audience in England and that's a good thing.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Won't be surprised to see raids at the BCCI office with boards signed "Fire Duncun Butcher"

they've lost it.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
btw is it really called the Pataudi trophy? what a lame ass name.

+1.
And @ Sobi, last time England went to India, India won 1-0 in a three match series. England are much stronger now. We'll see who wins when India play Australia down under. If India loses, then that means England are better since England already beat them a few months ago.

BTW, someone edit the title.:p

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
+1.
And @ Sobi, last time England went to India, India won 1-0 in a three match series. England are much stronger now. We'll see who wins when India play Australia down under. If India loses, then that means England are better since England already beat them a few months ago.

BTW, someone edit the title.:p
I think a whitewash in England might prove enough tbh...

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Pakistan should be ranked ahead of India in the test rankings too.

We had crappier batsmen and still managed to do better than India.

Azhar Ali > Sachin Tendulkar and Sehwag and Gambhir and Laxman and Raina.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Its not just that England has beaten India. What certain Indian fans need to understand is the dominating and ruthless way England has beaten them. I dont believe India can thrash England in India in this manner. They would be favorites to beat England, but I doubt they would do it the way England has done it.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Yeah it was me who said that and after the 2nd test, i also said that india somewhat proved me wrong but i am still somewhat stuck on my earlier point. Just because England is killing India at home doesnt mean they are better. India can beat them at india and thrn call themselves better? No. If England beats india in india then they are better.

Swann will rip anyone apart in India! Ideal conditions for him. :D

----------

Congrats to English fans here. England are deserving number 1 test side. :clap

Thanks! We've had to wait a long, long time for it believe me. ;)

----------

Lol go on sunderland.

Ha ha - great stuff. :D

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
ot to worry because india will get number 1 status back soon when they play back at home where England might drop as they will play away from home now and their performance will definately not be the same as now because away is much different than home.

Like England are batting on These lively tracks i am afraid England Will score 1000 on Indian pitches

----------

I am not taking the Credit from England but look at the way that Indian Batsmen have played As sunny gavasker said they are making school boy errors but still England forced them to do so :)

----------

And for the thread title make it 3-0 it looks more convenient :)

----------

Who would have thought after 2006 ashes that England will recover so soon to form a giant team? It took 3 years and Since 2009 they are really good in Test.Heartiest Congratulations to England Fans :cheers

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Anderson put on one of the finest displays of pure swing bowling I have seen in a while. Just goes to show you how good the bowling attack is that he did not manage his five-for.
Tendulkar for once seemed fluid and in control but was highly unlucky. Still, the best bit of batting I have seen from the Indians is that stunning innings by Kumar, that man has done himself proud throughout this series.
Finally, my second favourite team has reached the number one spot and what a fight it has been, well worth it.
COME ON ENGLAND!!
4-0 Please....or am I asking too much?:clap

Sobi

Banned
Pakistan should be ranked ahead of India in the test rankings too.

We had crappier batsmen and still managed to do better than India.

Azhar Ali > Sachin Tendulkar and Sehwag and Gambhir and Laxman and Raina.

lol really? How do the druggies and the match fixers come on top of the Indians in the rankings? They can only do one thing and that is to stop taking drugs and play atleast one match without match fixing and then think about even taking number 8 in the ICC test rankings. :lol:lol

----------

Like England are batting on These lively tracks i am afraid England Will score 1000 on Indian pitches

----------

I am not taking the Credit from England but look at the way that Indian Batsmen have played As sunny gavasker said they are making school boy errors but still England forced them to do so :)

----------

And for the thread title make it 3-0 it looks more convenient :)

----------

Who would have thought after 2006 ashes that England will recover so soon to form a giant team? It took 3 years and Since 2009 they are really good in Test.Heartiest Congratulations to England Fans :cheers

I'll be surprised if they even score 400 there. I am not taking any credit away from England as they completely outplayed India here. They have played good cricket but the thing that is stupid here is that people are over excited after England won a HOME series. They have the right to do so but they can't just insult the other team just because they lost to England and England got ranked 1. Now Eng are in same position as India were in because they got ranked 1 by home series just like India had gotten it by winning home series. I think that the fact that this is the first series defeat of India in test cricket since Dhoni took over as a captain is enough to prove India's dominance if we ignore this series. India lost because this is in England but when England comes to India, they will be crushed!!!! Now the reason to back up my claim is that India's pace bowling is crap!!!!!!! The thing that can break down the opposition's batting lineup is India's spin attack. Even Raina is able to pick up 2 or 3 wickets in test matches when bowling in India. I remember him picking up 3 wickets in an inning when Sri Lanka toured India (eventhough it was Sri Lanka, they are still strong side in tests). These conditions in England offer nothing for spinners and that is one of the reason why Harbhajan failed. Even during the tour of SA, India's 2nd test victory mostly came from the help of Harbhajan because the wicket had something in for the spinners. Yeah Zaheer was there and he picked up wicket but Harbhajan picked up 4 in the 1st inning and 2 in the 2nd and they were important wickets of Amla and De villiers who were the men in form.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Dude you are not gonna be silence till England don't Come india and tore them apart

Talking about spin,Swann has better rank than Bhajji and he has to bowl more on English wickets but still.....

And who said fast bowlers can't get success on SB wickets? Atleast England's Pace will be far far better than Indian no arm lazy medium bowlers :lol new Description of bowlers :D

Last edited:

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its not just that England has beaten India. What certain Indian fans need to understand is the dominating and ruthless way England has beaten them.

couldn't agree more. :D
many people keep saying home advantage Home advantage, that's why England won.
Think about it.3 -0 and to make things worst Gotten beat by an Innings and alot of run.

A Dominated Team A World Beater is that Team who can Win any way in the world. And I dont think India is a World Beater.
Last Tour of India to west Indies proof, India may have win the series 1-0, but it wasn't call domination, West Indies team was not a Experiance Team like India (where India had Dhoni, Raina, Harbaji Sigh, Dravid, Ishat Sharma, and a few other. we had only Chanderpaul and f Edward who are the only experiance player) yet India didnt Dominate us. West Indies should of been beating 3 - 0. So if india cant Dominate playing Away,then been know as world Champions is far away from them.

Users who are viewing this thread