Mini Mafia - Town wins!

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wow, only one power role yet we still win with a mislynch in hand :p

And so mafia targetted me then N1 :p

Thank you for thinking I'm too good for you ;)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Anyway, MVP will be a hard one but I think barmy gets it

Giving it to Sedition here. Colin deserves a special mention as he was the one who took out Sim. Poor claims from both the mafia tbh.

----------

Chat room for the PC - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Varun, me and later Colin.

Mafias didn't know each other btw.

----------

Role PMs

Vanilla townie X 4 (barmyarmy, hedger_14, Aditya and Manly)
You are a vanilla townie, town aligned.

You have a vote during the day which is vital for the town. You have to use it wisely. You win when all the threats to the town are eliminated, you may or may not survive till the end.

Mafia X 2
You are a mafia member, mafia aligned. (puddleduck)

You are the killer. You can kill one person during the night. However, you cannot target the same person in consecutive nights. You win when you and/or the other mafia goon (whom you do not know) are alive at the end with no one else remaining.

You are a mafia member, mafia aligned. (simsanta123)

You are the roleblocker. You can block one person during the night. However, you cannot target the same person in consecutive nights. You win when you and/or the other mafia goon (whom you do not know) are alive at the end with no one else remaining.

For the mod - Gets the killing ability if the killer dies. Can only use of kill/roleblock though.

Jailkeeper X 1 (Sedition)
You are the jailkeeper, town aligned.

You can keep one person in jail during the night. However, you cannot target the same person in consecutive nights. When someone is jailkept, role(s) used on him are ineffective and his role(s) are ineffective as well. You win when all the threats to the town are eliminated, you may or may not survive till the end.

Night 1
Sedition Jailkeeps Hedger (Success)
Sim RBs Hedger (Nothing)
PD Kills Hedger (Fails)

Night 2
Sedition Jailkeeps Manly (Success)
PD Kills Colin (Success)

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
Oh :O I was very very sure Sedition was mafia. Poor. :facepalm

----------

Poor claims from both the mafia tbh.

Yeah, definitely. :(

Anyway, Barmy played a superb game and even Sedition played very well too. Infact, if PD hadn't claimed, he was looking so town as well! :D

----------

Lol, and now as I look back I even surprisingly buddyed with PD a couple of times. :p

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Infact, if PD hadn't claimed, he was looking so town as well!
Yes, after you were dead, that's the only thing he had in his favor along with the kill. He was looking so town to most of the people remaining. But, that claim let him down. Hedger's post where he lynched PD sums it up. Town will always look to take out the 3rd party when they're unsure and especially in such a small game.

Will post a detailed analysis some time later. Also, would love to know what you all felt about the setup.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
"When someone is jailkept, role(s) used on him are ineffective and his role(s) are ineffective as well."

Thanks for reading your role btw ;)

I knew your role better than yourself, lmao

----------

Town will always look to take out the 3rd party when they're unsure and especially in such a small game.

Mhmm, I thought Sedition was probably final mafia still when I lynched puddle but knowing it was LYLO with a third party meant lynching puddle was the only viable option and should have been for the rest of the town.

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
Yes, after you were dead, that's the only thing he had in his favor along with the kill. He was looking so town to most of the people remaining. But, that claim let him down. Hedger's post where he lynched PD sums it up. Town will always look to take out the 3rd party when they're unsure and especially in such a small game.

Will post a detailed analysis some time later. Also, would love to know what you all felt about the setup.

Yeah, both of us ended up claiming potential 3rd party roles and town would have no hesitation in lynching them off I've now realized. A good learning experience.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great win! :clap Knew Puddleduck was lying the moment he role claimed. A third party role in such a small game, I knew User wont do such mistake.

Great setup BTW, User! :clap

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
Also, would love to know what you all felt about the setup.

I personally think the setup was great and very enjoyable. Giving the town only a single PR but making the mafia uninformed evened things out and made for a different experience.

BTW all the time I was thinking Sedition was pulling the heist of a century acting town. :p
I thought his godfather theories were a kind of clue to me to know that he was mafia. :lol

On this note, do you think in this setup the mafia should have done something of this sort? Even after knowing your partner, obviously you couldn't discuss and all but it would comforting knowing your partner won't kill you off in the night. :p

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Even after knowing your partner, obviously you couldn't discuss and all but it would comforting knowing your partner won't kill you off in the night.
Ahh, that could well have been done. I could have made you guys not to talk during the game and made you known to each other. That just didn't hit me. Learning curve for me too. :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Ahh, that could well have been done. I could have made you guys not to talk during the game and made you known to each other. That just didn't hit me. Learning curve for me too.

lmao, it was fine. Town only had one power role and not like it was that important anyway.

Btw, what was the point of the mafia roleblocker? The only chance it had was to roleblock the jailkeeper or roleblock his own killer, lmao. The smartest thing to do would be to not roleblock each night :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Haha, I meant actually whether we should have left slight clues for our partner?
Too risky, perhaps?

Yeah, that's what traitor's try to do. But really, just don't act so obvious clear townie and your mafia partner probably won't kill you :p

----------

Damn, we fell for your soft-claimed cop.

At least I know I played one thing decent during the game. That and the final day's point about PD was probably the only smart things I did all game xD

And I think puddle thought Sedition was his partner? :p

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I cannot wait for Puddleduck to come online and see this. How many of you feel that before going offline today, he would have by any chance thought that in a couple of hours, he'll be hammered and town will win. We didn't even give him a chance to defend himself. :p

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
Yeah, that's what traitor's try to do. But really, just don't act so obvious clear townie and your mafia partner probably won't kill you

Aaah, I never thought of traitor. And there is was searching google for a some hints on how to play if you don't know your partners. :p

Users who are viewing this thread