India tour of South Africa - 2013/14

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Again, if you will just throw your wickets like that than there is no fun. This pitch is not as fast as the one in Johannesburg so you just need to stay at the crease and not lose wickets. Dhawan really needs to stay away from "this is his game and that's how he plays" category. I have seen Sehwag in that category and don't want to see Dhawan going there. A rare failure from Kohli and hopefully there will be no run-outs today.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Pathetic batting that is, just throwing their wickets away.

----------

Hah, WTF is going on?

----------

Rahane missed that by a mile.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
:lol:lol:lol

You are a funny guy .

If Dhoni wants to come anywhere near to being the best Odi batsman then he needs to come up the order , maybe number 3 . He comes at 6 and 7 . You cannot become the best by coming at 6 and 7 . You can only become Michael Bevan .

So being the best ODI batsman in the world depends on where you bat in the batting order? I am not the funny guy, and people here should know who is being funny!!!!:lol:yes:lol

Michael Bevan is a legendary ODI player, and arguably one of the best ever ODI batsman. So the "best ever ODI batsman" thing and "Michael Bevan" thing are not really different

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Haha no wonder why there's only 2 tests because the Indian cricket team don't want to be exposed and completely embarrassed away from home :lol

War

Chairman of Selectors
Just a thought on Ashwin, he is very good bowler - but in ODI's i really don't see him as a wicket-taking threat. He is always seems like a bowler looking to keep the runs down.

I looked at his record & i noticed he has no ODI 4 or 5 wickets hauls - best being 3/24 & just watching him in ODI's i'm not that surprised at that.

----------

Again, if you will just throw your wickets like that than there is no fun. This pitch is not as fast as the one in Johannesburg so you just need to stay at the crease and not lose wickets. Dhawan really needs to stay away from "this is his game and that's how he plays" category. I have seen Sehwag in that category and don't want to see Dhawan going there. A rare failure from Kohli and hopefully there will be no run-outs today.

Ye after a year of smashing attacks on roads, this series was always going to be a key acid test in assessing whether Dhawan is the real deal as batsman. So far he ain't looking.

I recall Gambhir having a rollicking comeback to his career as well - charging fast bowlers ect & as soon as M Morkel found out his weakness, by bowling at him around the wicket in 2010 - he career gradually declined until he was dropped.

playkid12

Club Captain
Why is everyone fixating on Dhawan and forgetting that Rohit Sharma never performs away from the subcontinent?

But forget India - this South African team has everything that would make a cricket lover giddy. Amazing bowlers in Dale Steyn and Morkel. A great all-rounder in the waning Kallis. Aggressiveness in de Kock, humility in Amla, and a bright future in Duminy.

The only thing they really miss is a good spinner, but with that kind of a lineup, I'd argue that it's not necessary.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
This was expected, India's bowling is as always, far too weak and there's only so many times that the batting can compensate, especially away from home on better wickets with Steyn and co at the other end. This has been India's achilles heel for decades...what can be done about it??

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So history of India's tour of SA remains the same. Pretty disappointed with batting actually, as we very well knew that our bowling is weak link.

mrzdt

Club Captain
Great performance yesterday by South Africa. Really impressed by the team currently.

I don't know if Smith should come back to the ODI side. Amla and de Kock are just clicking at the moment.

My favourite player of all time is Jacques Kallis. He is the best allrounder ever. He is 3rd highest run scorer in Tests with the 2 above him both retired. And he has about 300 wickets. You cant argue that he will walk into any team any day. I hope he does not rest for the 3rd game as I think he needs to play as much ODI's before the WC as possible.

Ryan Mclaren is really impressive at the moment as well. SA has so much talent when it comes to the bowling department. He is still going to do great things for SA.

Morkel bowled well and will always be a factor with the bounce he generates.

Lonwabo Tsotsobe is a really good 1day player. I think he has to work a bit on his fitness though. He doesn't do incredible things with the ball or bowls at extreme pace or anything but he always gets a few wickets. That is what you need in ODI's. He took 4 yesterday I think which is a great job.

And Dale Steyn.... He has improved vastly in ODI's. He needs to play the 3rd game as well. I have watched cricket since the late 1990's. And I have not seen another bowler bowl like this. He consistently bowls these amazing spells. He is always building pressure, taking wickets and giving the batsman a hard time. Ask any batsman who they would least likely face and it would probably be Steyn.

Eugene

County Cricketer
SA.....
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great performance yesterday by South Africa. Really impressed by the team currently.

I don't know if Smith should come back to the ODI side. Amla and de Kock are just clicking at the moment.

My favourite player of all time is Jacques Kallis. He is the best allrounder ever. He is 3rd highest run scorer in Tests with the 2 above him both retired. And he has about 300 wickets. You cant argue that he will walk into any team any day. I hope he does not rest for the 3rd game as I think he needs to play as much ODI's before the WC as possible.

Ryan Mclaren is really impressive at the moment as well. SA has so much talent when it comes to the bowling department. He is still going to do great things for SA.

Morkel bowled well and will always be a factor with the bounce he generates.

Lonwabo Tsotsobe is a really good 1day player. I think he has to work a bit on his fitness though. He doesn't do incredible things with the ball or bowls at extreme pace or anything but he always gets a few wickets. That is what you need in ODI's. He took 4 yesterday I think which is a great job.

And Dale Steyn.... He has improved vastly in ODI's. He needs to play the 3rd game as well. I have watched cricket since the late 1990's. And I have not seen another bowler bowl like this. He consistently bowls these amazing spells. He is always building pressure, taking wickets and giving the batsman a hard time. Ask any batsman who they would least likely face and it would probably be Steyn.

Could not agree more, but hope they will also give Tahir a go in the 3rd ODI.

Super Cricketer

Club Cricketer
Haha no wonder why there's only 2 tests because the Indian cricket team don't want to be exposed and completely embarrassed away from home :lol
we don't have sehwag gambhir zaheer pathan harbhajhan in the team.what you r looking is really a U19 Team.But they guys did their job really well.Remember CHAMPIONS Trophy 13? India don't need to proof anything.they had already done this in champions trophy.
And What about England in Ashes.They Really Sucks in Aus.

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Ye after a year of smashing attacks on roads, this series was always going to be a key acid test in assessing whether Dhawan is the real deal as batsman. So far he ain't looking.

I recall Gambhir having a rollicking comeback to his career as well - charging fast bowlers ect & as soon as M Morkel found out his weakness, by bowling at him around the wicket in 2010 - he career gradually declined until he was dropped.

see I totally disagree this could be used as an acid test. south africa have rolled australia, new zealand and pakistan for under 50!!! in tests in recent times. there isn't one team in cricket this south african side has made look hopeless in the last few years.

It would be really dangerous for india to make any big decisions on this tour, dhawan did well in england in CT trophy, that shouldn't be forgotten in favour of judging him on how well he does against steyn in favourable south african conditions.

my worry for this series is that india's defeat will fit a narrative of "india can't play swing bowling." when no one in cricket is playing steyn, philander and morkel well because they're a ferocious attack.

Super Cricketer

Club Cricketer
see I totally disagree this could be used as an acid test. south africa have rolled australia, new zealand and pakistan for under 50!!! in tests in recent times. there isn't one team in cricket this south african side has made look hopeless in the last few years.

It would be really dangerous for india to make any big decisions on this tour, dhawan did well in england in CT trophy, that shouldn't be forgotten in favour of judging him on how well he does against steyn in favourable south african conditions.

my worry for this series is that india's defeat will fit a narrative of "india can't play swing bowling." when no one in cricket is playing steyn, philander and morkel well because they're a ferocious attack.
Might be you are wrong India missing their key players in this series so this is the reason why india facing problem in this series.

Users who are viewing this thread