• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good to see the name Vincent coming up. After this tour the New Zealanders have to think about refreshen their squad. I was pretty surprised about his dropping when they played against Sri Lanka.

With this ball Fleming got 6500 runs.

25.4 Steyn to Fleming, FOUR, short of a good length delivery outside the off stump and Fleming jabs it away to the point fence, bad ball put away in style - this is turning out to be a good over for New Zealand

South Africa is on fire!

Another two wickets fell down. But it seems that Fleming's wicket was again doubtful.

New Zealand 78/6 after 28.5 overs.

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
119 all out.

Ntini's 5th 5 wicket haul of the RSA Summer.

That's in 8 tests!

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
New Zealand had problems with batting, but South Africa is flourishing with runs with the runrate about 4.93 now. Smith has almost a 100 % strikerate.

And Smith now reached his fifty with an edged four

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
And not only him. Amla too. :cool: He just hit four fours in an over and got his fifty.

And South Africa lead now with seven runs.

wolf

International Cricketer
New Zealand Innings
119 all out
South Africa Innings
133 for 4

Looking good for Soth Africa.

James219

International Cricketer
Yay, Smith crosses fifty for the first time in the RSA Test summer....
Good to see him positive again, that should give him some sort of platform in which he can build from in the 2nd innings, and more importantly, next season.
Ntini's been amazingly consistent over the past year or so, and he's really penetrating oppositions now, and that should make Smith feel very comfortable as captain to have an in-form bowler like him as a strike bowling option. Nice assistance from Steyn, and once again Pollock chips in with one; not much of an opportunity for him today.
Still, though, SA aren't in command of this match as much as they would've liked to be.
Being four down at stumps will allow the Kiwis to take something positive out of the day's play after a shocking first innings, so if they can get on top early on, SA may find it hard to build a dominant lead in which to strangle NZ out of the game from.
Nice stuff from Amla, too, good to see him back up his brilliant knock of 149 in the previous Test with another decent start.
Anyway, SA take the honours for the first day...

genghis_khan said:
i have to say...John Bracewell has become the all conquering evil overlord of NZ Cricket. Crushing anyone who stands in his way (ie Vincent) and destroying NZ Test Cricket.

The NZ Cricket Board would do well so say goodbye to this power-hungry oaf...but that wont happen until after the WC at least.

I partly agree; he definitely hasn't benefited NZ cricket, and seems to have caused some sort of tension between his players and himself. Fleming probably didn't feel totally in control of his players- which is what he used to be, and what he should be as captain to keep the team bonds tight- and that affected his form with the bat. I don't know alot on the topic, but there seems to be something weird about the situation.

Greenidge

School Cricketer
aussie1st said:
The selectors would have had more say in who toured so they should be blamed for Vincent. Bracewell is a shocking coach for test as has been shown by NZ recent record. They need to find a coach that is good at both ODIs and Test cricket. They should have kept Steve Rixion.

I think all NZ supporters would love to have Rixon back as coach. He quit from the job rather than being fired though so I doubt he'd want the job again. It seems like we've gone full circle. We've got another coach like Glen Turner that wanted to be a dictator. Now after we've finally got rid of Bracewell, we'll have to get another coach like Rixon to clean up the mess.

kodos

International Coach
Nice 63 by Smithy but he would be slightly dissapointed to not reach to a century. Nice to see him playing aggressive shots as well.

James219

International Cricketer
Well, both Martin's five-wicket haul and Franklin's support have kept NZ in the game, as they rolled SA for 186. Good to see them adopting a positive attitude early on, dictating play and taking advantage of the conducive conditions. The SA middle order failed again as their long, tedious summer continues, whilst only Pollock shone with some lusty late order hitting (32* from 21 deliveries faced) to boost SA's modest total.
EDIT: Steyn strikes first blow for SA, removing How, who hasn't done too well lately.

sid_19840

International Coach
The game seems to be an opposite of the last test match.It seemed to me the last test match was being played in slow motion and this one in fast motion.Should be a close game though,I hope.

venom2011

Club Cricketer
NZ really have to find better openers. On these tracks that are doing a bit, How and Papps look terrible. The only way NZ will ever get off to a decent start is if both have amazing luck.

Maybe they can move McCullem and/or Fleming up. Styris seems to be found out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread