Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does it not include the career mode option for countries other than Aus and Eng?

There was always going to be a patch for Online Tournament, Co-op play, and enhanced career (different countries).

This is a patch we had not planed for that will include the few things spoken of and not much else.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Last edited:

Vishwas gupta

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I played my first online match i don't know why batting in so tough in a online match??

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Ross, from previous experience do you know roughly how long patch approval normally takes roughly? I'm one of them people where incorrect squads/playing positions will really annoy me :D.

Benspursfan

School Cricketer
Have been observing the posts here for a while, much to my wife's amusement. I'm far too old to be obsessed by a new cricket game, but I have become utterly gripped by comments and youtube videos on all things DBC14!! Been playing cricket games since the days of Graham Gooch on the CM64, so the journey for a robust game has been a long one. Having said that, GG was bloody brilliant in its day!

From observing the videos, it seems the guys at BA have done a remarkable job. Yes, there are things to be improved upon and tweaked, but if you consider it took EA Sports the best part of 15 years to start nailing FIFA, and they literally threw millions and millions at it!

It's also incredibly refreshing to have a software company who engages with their customers so much. Their responses are open and constructive, which is more than can be said for most software companies. Brilliant work guys!

Have ordered from GAME and very much looking forward to the weekend, assuming it comes in time. Will give my own thoughts at some point in the future. Look forward to maybe playing online with some of you. I may be approaching 40, but if you can't tap into your inner child every now and again then you aren't living! ;)

sunsamrat1980

Club Captain
So if I gave you these for viewing the field would that work?

Good idea, but I think it will cause confusion when the fielders are close by (or collide to take catches :)) since their fielding position names might overlap.

Ideally instead of field position names, you can use position markers.. something that is used in Google Maps to display positions.. like below

marker-k.png

zombieian

International Coach
Good idea, but I think it will cause confusion when the fielders are close by (or collide to take catches :)) since their fielding position names might overlap.

Ideally instead of field position names, you can use position markers.. something that is used in Google Maps to display positions.. like below

marker-k.png

I assume that you would only see the indicators when viewing the fielders through the Batsman's eyes.

D

Dutch

marker-k.png

Yeah I agree. Then we can see which bus they need to take to get back home again....as with above, you do realise that the names wont be there whilst fielding? It is just a visual guide when you look around the field during balls?

zombieian

International Coach
Yeah I agree. Then we can see which bus they need to take to get back home again....as with above, you do realise that the names wont be there whilst fielding? It is just a visual guide when you look around the field during balls?

Your not going to be much good at batting @Dutch if you look around during balls. Between balls might be better? ;)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No to any "arrow" or google things... The field position name is just fine, suits the look and feel of the presentation currently. You don't need some dancing elf to point out a field position, plus actually naming it "fine leg" and stuff educates people about the correct names for fielding positions, which is cool. "I hit it towards square leg" etc...

Patch-wise I'm assuming the "run out" bug is tied into the superhuman fielding currently? I think that's the cause of the problem (AI always throwing down the stumps) rather than actually not making the crease being the issue.

Batsman don't "make the crease" all the time because fielders MISS the stumps. I think turning down fielding abilities a notch so you can run quick singles a little more frequently and punch it over the infield at least once would be really important within the current build.

----------

On that note, I've not seen any overthrows at all... Anyone? Bueller?

Users who are viewing this thread