Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

saulman55

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is not a bug, it's a user-error and timing issue. There's a clear distinction. They can't provide fixes for people not being good at playing the game. Suggest anyone having trouble keeping the ball on the ground hit the practice nets, because honestly that's where I ironed out a bunch of timing issues I had against spinners, took about an hour of practice... it's supposed to be a challenge. Alternatively, dropping down a level in difficulty is also a good way to get a grip on timing.

I'd say 2 out of every 6 balls I face I can play the same shot and time it fractionally late and get two different results when I set the bowling machine to hit the same spot every ball.

Just set the ball at a speed/length you find challenging and practice.

EDIT:

...and for what it's worth my XBOX controller on PC is vastly more precise than the PS3 equivalent that I use on console. The PC version/controller, for me, seems to be superior in getting the shot exactly where I want it to go.

If this were the case why is it only a specific shot giving me the same issue over and over, furthermore why did it not happen pre patch

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
This is not a bug, it's a user-error and timing issue. There's a clear distinction. They can't provide fixes for people not being good at playing the game. Suggest anyone having trouble keeping the ball on the ground hit the practice nets, because honestly that's where I ironed out a bunch of timing issues I had against spinners, took about an hour of practice... it's supposed to be a challenge. Alternatively, dropping down a level in difficulty is also a good way to get a grip on timing.

I'd say 2 out of every 6 balls I face I can play the same shot and time it fractionally late and get two different results when I set the bowling machine to hit the same spot every ball.

Just set the ball at a speed/length you find challenging and practice.

Ah Mr. Biggs, Big Ant's minder. I didn't think it would be anything complimentary.
I didn't say it was a bug did I? But it has changed from the last patch and will take getting used to again.
Being dropped 10 times is a bit strange though. Don't you agree?
How about the game freezing. Is that user error?

Last edited:

Spot63

School Cricketer
Sticking

Patch downloaded fine but career now "stuck' when u save it. Just seems to hang. A shame really.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
why is it only a specific shot giving me the same issue over and over,

I used to always hit it in the air off my pads down to third man, could never get it right and was often caught, especially off spinners. Took me an hour of practice in the nets to get the timing right and as I said, 2 outta 6 i'll still hit it in the air.

it has changed from the last patch and will take getting used to again.
Being dropped 10 times is a bit strange though. Don't you agree?
How about the game freezing. Is that user error?

1) It hasn't changed at all for me so; User error.
2) I've seen nothing like that* except the bowler doesn't take miraculous caught and bowled options anymore
3) I had the first "freeze" on PS3 the other day (prior to Patch 2 release) so again, I'm not experiencing any issues like you are. For a great example, Matt gets a crash almost every online game we play together on PC, whereas I think I've had one? Possibly none. Different computers, different hardware and so on. Those issues aren't a blanket "everyone is getting them" thing, which is why they're incredibly hard to fix.

*10 sounds like a total made-up number to me anyway, which you're known for

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I must be lucky

Only played casual and career post patch 2 on 360 and had no issues - no stuttering, crashes, anything?

Rowdoss

Club Captain
It is very difficult to keep the ball on the deck now. Another point. Because I was having trouble hitting the ball along the ground, I hit, perhaps, 10 shots straight back to the bowler, who dropped every single one.

I think it has been mentioned several times at different stages.
The whole straight drive/super human bowler stops everything but drops a shite load of catches can be a little unsightly (to some) but IMO it is very necessary.
Can you imagine the run rates and scores if we could just constantly belt straight drives down the ground past the bowler for 4. It would be outrageous.
So to combat that the bowler has to stop a lot of them, but on the flip side it would be equally disappointing if they caught even half of them.
It may not be super realistic but for balancing the game out it is a must.

zombieian

International Coach
I used to always hit it in the air off my pads down to third man, could never get it right and was often caught, especially off spinners. Took me an hour of practice in the nets to get the timing right and as I said, 2 outta 6 i'll still hit it in the air.

1) It hasn't changed at all for me so; User error.
2) I've seen nothing like that* except the bowler doesn't take miraculous caught and bowled options anymore
3) I had the first "freeze" on PS3 the other day (prior to Patch 2 release) so again, I'm not experiencing any issues like you are. For a great example, Matt gets a crash almost every online game we play together on PC, whereas I think I've had one? Possibly none. Different computers, different hardware and so on. Those issues aren't a blanket "everyone is getting them" thing, which is why they're incredibly hard to fix.

*10 sounds like a total made-up number to me anyway, which you're known for

Alright 11. Don't you like round numbers? It was ten (ish), as mentioned.
What numbers have I made up in the past?

I played one game this morning pre-patch 2 and 2 games post patch.
Pre Patch: No problems, I play the ball as late as I can to try to keep the ball on the ground.
Post Patch: As soon as I updated the game the same shots were going in the air.
It might be a timing issue but there is a difference between pre and post patch.

I didn't have any of the stuttering reported by some.

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
It might be a timing issue but there is a difference between pre and post patch.

...and again, as has been established, it's a user-error because the alleged "difference" isn't affecting everyone. Seems to be most of the problems are coming from people on XBOX so maybe it's console-specific.

Kudos @Rowdoss I hadn't thought about it like that.

zombieian

International Coach
totally agree with this :yes

So why can't the bowler catch some and miss field some as a balance?
At the moment he is stopping all of the straight drives and dropping all of the catches.
It seems like a poor compromise.

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
So why can't the bowler catch some and miss field some as a balance?
At the moment he is stopping all of the straight drives and dropping all of the catches.
It seems like a poor compromise.

Don't know but I don't have this occur as a lot of people here seem to. I.e. I often can drive the ball straight past the bowler for runs/boundaries

Seems like if timing is good, good chance of beating bowler maybe???

yogi33

School Cricketer
Alright 11. Don't you like round numbers? It was ten (ish), as mentioned.
What numbers have I made up in the past?

I played one game this morning pre-patch 2 and 2 games post patch.
Pre Patch: No problems, I play the ball as late as I can to try to keep the ball on the ground.
Post Patch: As soon as I updated the game the same shots were going in the air.

I didn't have any of the stuttering reported by some.

I have the same issue but the way I see it I'm just having to relearn how to play. What used to work for me wasn't really cricket - playing late cuts off the stumps and flicking everything straight off my pads. Now I'm skying these shots left right and centre. I am adamant you are correct and some of the tining/shot success has changed post patch but is just going to require some reinventing our batting styles.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I have the same issue but the way I see it I'm just having to relearn how to play. What used to work for me wasn't really cricket - playing late cuts off the stumps and flicking everything straight off my pads. Now I'm skying these shots left right and centre. I am adamant you are correct and some of the tining/shot success has changed post patch but is just going to require some reinventing our batting styles.

Maybe but it might be factors like bowling fatigue issue fixed meaning pace bowers aren't so easy to face due to keeping their speed up making it harder to time ?

woosaah

Club Cricketer
i played this last night when i got home. The whole time I was thinking that I couldn't wait for the patch. Little did I know all I needed to do was quit out then go back in again to download the patch. From the times of the posts I was on about an hour too early. Oh well there is always the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread