Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I would be all on board for a subscription-based early PC access type feature if it means I keep getting cricket games on PC. You can stick whatever DRM you want on it because I ain't sharin' it with nobody. I agree with what Matt said earlier, but the captured audience you have on PC.net means the majority of the regulars and GC's here are going to go out and support it in both formats anyway, wallet be damned.

+1

Totally agree with this. Well up for a sub PC access thing. Even if it was through a kickstarter funding tier for pc access or whatever. DRM has never bothered me at all.. I was even all for the xbox 1 original DRM ( possibly the only guy on the planet ) :) I bought both versions of this one to support it my wallet is used to the hit. Just bought a new Spartan MC 1000 now that's a big hit! haha

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Kinda makes sense really, they can put the effort into the console release, they get a bunch of free beta-testing and workshopping of game bits and pieces and the folks that want a PC game, get a PC game at a price-point that would keep likely thieving shits waaaay outta the mix. Consoles get a better game because of it. Everybody wins.

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Few things that need Fixing
1. Fielders walking to a ball ( I mean walking at crawling speed)
2. Bowler fielding a lot of straight drives
3. Fielders covering more distance especially when the ball is in the air
4. NO misfields at all?

ellgieff

Club Captain
Few things that need Fixing
1. Fielders walking to a ball ( I mean walking at crawling speed)
2. Bowler fielding a lot of straight drives
3. Fielders covering more distance especially when the ball is in the air
4. NO misfields at all?

It depends on what you mean by misfields. I've seen dropped catches, and I've seen guys fail to stop shots that I thought they should have got to (most of the reason I thought they should have got there is because I was bowling) - sometimes they dive over the top of the ball. Overthrows happen occasionally. I've even seen an AI guy fail to get a hand to an eminently catchable ball - it didn't quite go between his hands but close to it.

All of which amounts to misfields, IMO.

dale0404

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We do have opportunity to go full DRM at any time but so far have not needed to do it. We would do that for a subscription model if we go that way for a "pre-release" next version.

Whichever way you decide to go make sure it is financially viable to yourselves and to the customer base. If this means having a "private" PC users group then so be it. Want me to pay £50 for the game, sure thing dude! And there has to be a way to stop the game getting pirated. What that is I have no idea though. I am sure every game gets pirated in some way or other.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Every game gets pirated, sure, the numbers on this one are staggering though and the price was kept lower in Australia to make sure that it was lower in India - in retrospect a bad move.

Alberts

International Coach
yeah, they're actually pretty dumb. Whenever anyone finds a way to get somewhere guys like Orangezeb post publicly on torrent sites explaining what they are doing so we can make sure we stay ahead - they even ask him not too but he still does :)

We do have opportunity to go full DRM at any time but so far have not needed to do it. We would do that for a subscription model if we go that way for a "pre-release" next version.

How would you work a subscription model work exactly? At this point in time I still think that the PC version, and the interaction with the community it allows, is too valuable to throw under the bus for the pirates.

Between modding and being able to roll out and test patches, particularly gameplay wise, across a large, cricket mad audience is surely valuable for the next version, potentially even moreso than for this version.

I'd be happy to pay about $100 per year odd in subscriptions if the game continued getting the support it was getting, and if we saw the game upgraded to DBC 15, 16, 17 etc as the years ticked by.

The big worry for such a system of course is that people see subscriptions as a "fee", while buying a game is a spur of the moment kind of thing.

grkrama

National Board President
normally i hate subscription models as it feels like paying bills, but if it means getting dbc on PC then i wouldn't mind it, still would prefer one time payments like early access and own the software rather than subscriptions.

Bullman

School Cricketer
I tried playing the game again last night and found the frame drops too distracting. I am baffled that it is not picked up by big ant. It might be the version of the ps3?

Does anyone have a possible fix for this?

I am now hoping that the next patch fixes it for the same reasons that patch 2 messed it up. Which is unknown.

I played this game a lot and loved it but i cannot accept frame rates like this. It is a mess to be honost.

Enjoy

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It might be the version of the ps3?
Can you give as much info on your PS3 as possible - things like the model number, country, amount of free space on the hard drive, the type of connection to your TV, etc. Maybe there's some pattern or something relevant Big Ant could pick up on.

Bullman

School Cricketer
Can you give as much info on your PS3 as possible - things like the model number, country, amount of free space on the hard drive, the type of connection to your TV, etc. Maybe there's some pattern or something relevant Big Ant could pick up on.
Hi Matt

Good suggestion, will do

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread