Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
But then what do you do? Prosecuting whoever pirated the initial copy is a pain in the butt and wouldn't be all that likely to lead to any worthwhile level of financial recoupment, and the pirated version would still be out there causing just as much damage to the IP.

True, but then we have laws in society that outlaw stealing. It doesn't stop people from stealing neither. Shops put security tags on products, but still people try. But you can't resign yourself to the fact it will happen, because then its a kind of defeatist, almost apologist attitude. You can only catch people in the act, but know that some will slip through. It doesn't mean that you can't try to catch them though.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Sure, but the point is that "catching" the pirates isn't actually all that useful. The situation that needs to be prevented is pirated copies being available before or concurrently with the console version, and watermarking doesn't help with this at all. You might know who is responsible, but you aren't actually mitigating any of the damage.

grkrama

National Board President
Limiting features in early access will be something they can look at like have only one ground, testing out gameplay stuff and then online mode can be fully featured. Make the full fledged version available closer too or later to console release.

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
It will be such a shame if the next dbc is not released on pc,not the same playing on console.
Hope the pirate stealing ****ers are happy with themselves.
Why should those bassas spoil it for the rest of us?.
Hope it is though dbc has a small but loyal following(legit owners)on pc.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It will be such a shame if the next dbc is not released on pc,not the same playing on console.
Hope the pirate stealing ****ers are happy with themselves.
Why should those bassas spoil it for the rest of us?.
Hope it is though dbc has a small but loyal following(legit owners)on pc.

Problem is that such a following is way too small. When pirates outnumber legit owners by 100 to 1 or something similar, it does make you rethink your plan about supporting a PC version.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
I would be all on board for a subscription-based early PC access type feature if it means I keep getting cricket games on PC. You can stick whatever DRM you want on it because I ain't sharin' it with nobody. I agree with what Matt said earlier, but the captured audience you have on PC.net means the majority of the regulars and GC's here are going to go out and support it in both formats anyway, wallet be damned.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Problem is that such a following is way too small. When pirates outnumber legit owners by 100 to 1 or something similar, it does make you rethink your plan about supporting a PC version.

Greater than 100 to 1 by a long way now. Indian IP addresses run at over 150 to 1. However none of them get to play the game for very long as they are quick to say in their torrent comments.

BTW Seeding this song renamed and titled as the DBC14 Ultimate Crack was pretty awesome, got some good feedback :)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
...I'm surprised you haven't patched-in a wet lookin' Ant or TruBlu logo for the loading screen. Or even better as the game launches it simply says "Game Menu delayed by rain"

D

Deleted member 9102

Making it rain to make it rain...

make-it-rain.jpeg

geniusfool88

School Cricketer
Can we have batting meter included in the next patch ? It is gonna show your timing only after you have batted, so we can adjust to it. Ashes 09 & IC 10 and even Cricket 07 also had this feature. Many bowl slow short pitch ball again and again which comes very low.. almost 2 pitches. At least this can be controlled if there is option of on/off while hosting. I really love playing playing online with other people. Please consider this point.

Another issue i faced today is i am unable to cross 2nd over in online game. It is test match and the game get stucks at end of 2nd over. Tried all every time it gets stuck at same place. unable to resume the game :(

@ Ross please consider the above requests? Any hint when can we expect the next patch ? Atleast I will wait for it :( Playing with bugs really spoils my game :(

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
If you'd only put just one more :( we might've got the patch from @Ross... @Ross likes even numbers you see...

geniusfool88

School Cricketer
If a extra smiley :( can get him to say the patch 3 release date , I am happy to provide the sad smiley ! :P Why isnt he answering me ! My request are simple , I have posted many times but no response ! At least a approximate date so we can expect it within a few weeks of the approximate date !

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Greater than 100 to 1 by a long way now. Indian IP addresses run at over 150 to 1. However none of them get to play the game for very long as they are quick to say in their torrent comments.

BTW Seeding this song renamed and titled as the DBC14 Ultimate Crack was pretty awesome, got some good feedback :)

Haha that's tweaking awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread