Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The thing is, if the RRP was rock bottom, these people would probably still torrent it. It's a sad reflection of many gamers these days - because they can get something for free, that seems to be a green light to them telling them that they should.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
The thing is, if the RRP was rock bottom, these people would probably still torrent it. It's a sad reflection of many gamers these days - because they can get something for free, that seems to be a green light to them telling them that they should.

This is dead right. Unless frustrated into buying it because of the bugs, those peope who would have bought it *have* bought it. As I keep saying, piracy is not so much the issue as a lack of market for a PC Cricket game, as has always been the case.

A subscription model, where loyal PC players test constantly improving versions throughout, and then launching console versions... that's the way to go with PC: it has no value unless you use it to improve the game.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sadly the only commercial value in the PC version at this point is to have it as a method to improve the console version.

Unfortunately the issue in future is that if it is released on PC first then it's really dead.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sadly the only commercial value in the PC version at this point is to have it as a method to improve the console version.

Unfortunately the issue in future is that if it is released on PC first then it's really dead.

IMO the next iteration should have a gap of 6 months or thereabouts between console and PC versions, if there's a PC version. 2 months lag between the two versions this time round wasn't much and I'm sure quite a few folks didn't purchase the console version and waited out for PC release so they can pirate it for free.

Chief

Panel of Selectors

That's why I think early-access subscriptions would work well. You are only giving the game to subscribers - No piracy possible. You could even tag each subscriber's version so that if any leak DID occur, you'd know where it came from. And you're taking money from people more than willing to give you it, and keeping them at the heart of the development. Essentially it's just people from here! :-)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
It's something we've looked at for sure, it would still end up being a closed group PC -> console -> wider PC group (sometime later).

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
While I know I was very angry about the whole PC delay thing initially and am therefore a hypocrite - I think most PC gamers get it, and can understand why that delay has to happen in many cases.

If the choice is between delayed and never, then delayed is obviously the better outcome. At least now that the first edition of the game is out, there's still something to play while waiting.

Rowdoss

Club Captain
That's why I think early-access subscriptions would work well. You are only giving the game to subscribers - No piracy possible. You could even tag each subscriber's version so that if any leak DID occur, you'd know where it came from. And you're taking money from people more than willing to give you it, and keeping them at the heart of the development. Essentially it's just people from here! :-)

Is that possible? I have thought that myself, as it happens with movies, critics and the like get screeners that are linked to them so you know where the "trouble starts", seems like a good move to make.

grkrama

National Board President
Off topic This just happened to broad
was nasty to watch
broad2.jpg
broad.jpg

First time saw a ball stuck inside grill apart from DBC

Ouch!

N1ojEuE.png

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is that possible? I have thought that myself, as it happens with movies, critics and the like get screeners that are linked to them so you know where the "trouble starts", seems like a good move to make.

It's definitely possible, it's like putting a watermark on the file. As with all software security measures, I'm sure some people out there would be adept enough to strip it, but most people who pirate software probably wouldn't think that far.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
yeah, they're actually pretty dumb. Whenever anyone finds a way to get somewhere guys like Orangezeb post publicly on torrent sites explaining what they are doing so we can make sure we stay ahead - they even ask him not too but he still does :)

We do have opportunity to go full DRM at any time but so far have not needed to do it. We would do that for a subscription model if we go that way for a "pre-release" next version.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Off topic This just happened to broad
was nasty to watch
View attachment 128873
View attachment 128874

First time saw a ball stuck inside grill apart from DBC

Why does it say "5 MINS DELAYED" on the top right corner? Are they broadcasting the games with a feed delay of 5 mins? Have never seen such a thing other than how NBC handled olympics.

grkrama

National Board President
ya on their site its 5 mins delayed.[DOUBLEPOST=1407590744][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's something we've looked at for sure, it would still end up being a closed group PC -> console -> wider PC group (sometime later).
This is cool as long as i get into that closed group:D

you guys got any other marketing plans in store for the current PC version?

Also how is the curve for sales, as in is it rising due to word of mouth overtime or how.

Last edited:

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
It's definitely possible, it's like putting a watermark on the file. As with all software security measures, I'm sure some people out there would be adept enough to strip it, but most people who pirate software probably wouldn't think that far.

But then what do you do? Prosecuting whoever pirated the initial copy is a pain in the butt and wouldn't be all that likely to lead to any worthwhile level of financial recoupment, and the pirated version would still be out there causing just as much damage to the IP.

Users who are viewing this thread