TableTop Cricket general discussion

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Now this is probably a silly question, but how do you actually hit the ball in the air and for six? After the first game I looked and thought it was the batting modifier, but that's just sweeping. Is it just timing?

Also, is an ODI meant to be 50 overs? The first world tour event vs Canada was that, but thankfully I bowled them out cheaply using the lbw thing to get it done quickly. Surely they would get 1000 at the normal run rate though?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Now this is probably a silly question, but how do you actually hit the ball in the air and for six? After the first game I looked and thought it was the batting modifier, but that's just sweeping. Is it just timing?

Also, is an ODI meant to be 50 overs? The first world tour event vs Canada was that, but thankfully I bowled them out cheaply using the lbw thing to get it done quickly. Surely they would get 1000 at the normal run rate though?

Yes pretty sure it's just timing that gets a six.

There may be more to this game than meets the eye - I have played 4 games and dismissed the AI every time but not taken a single LBW - you have a whole LBW thing!!! For me it's bowleds, gully, and leg slip 85% of dismissals rest catching in the outfield

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
There may be more to this game than meets the eye - I have played 4 games and dismissed the AI every time but not taken a single LBW - you have a whole LBW thing!!! For me it's bowleds, gully, and leg slip 85% of dismissals rest catching in the outfield
Interesting. What I do is pitch the ball straight between half volley and Yorker length, and most of the time it gets an appeal. If it's turned down I keep it the same place and swing it the other way and he's out. The batsman is clueless after that, no matter what shot, or type of delivery. I wonder if it's a place for all batsman rather than just CPU.

Haven't had an edge to any of the slips yet though, but I'm used to that after playing DBC... About 90% of my dismissals (three games, including one indoor) have been LBW, even if not intentionally. I'm always bowled or caught batting though.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
same here I get out bowled or caught. AI has made loads of LBW appeals against me, but none have been given.

I found switching around on the crease, wide/narrow, over & around the wicket gets good results for bowleds and throwing wide ones is good for edges.

short balls are good for getting them out caught leg slip

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
How do you bowl using keyboard? :noway:(

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Wow that helped. Thanks buddy! KUDOS to @BigAntStudios once again for yet another cricket game that will I am sure stand up to the reputation. Yes there are few things I would haave loved to see but I am still happy that this game surely sits number 4 on my all time cricket game list with DBC14 being first, BLC 99 second, C07 (i know i know) being third as have played that a lot and TTC now 4th passing AC09

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
I just mentioned this in the troubleshooting thread, but I'll also put it in here as well.

I suggest for guys having a tough time on any aspect of the game, to put the hints on in the options menu. This will give you a nice, in-depth run down of what the mechanics of the game are and why things act as they do (maybe some don't fully grasp the 'tabletop' concept as opposed to DBC's real world gameplay).

The big thing I'm going to just put out there to help people with batting, is to watch the pitch marker when a ball is sent down at you and try to time your shot when it flashes green. This might give you a better idea as to why you've timed the shot and it's gone for 4 or 6, or just dribbled off for a 1.

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Can @BigAntStudios or @HBK619 or @fiction tell why are few stadiums locked? How do we unlock them? Also modes are locked too like T20 and ODI in verses.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just mentioned this in the troubleshooting thread, but I'll also put it in here as well.

I suggest for guys having a tough time on any aspect of the game, to put the hints on in the options menu. This will give you a nice, in-depth run down of what the mechanics of the game are and why things act as they do (maybe some don't fully grasp the 'tabletop' concept as opposed to DBC's real world gameplay).

The big thing I'm going to just put out there to help people with batting, is to watch the pitch marker when a ball is sent down at you and try to time your shot when it flashes green. This might give you a better idea as to why you've timed the shot and it's gone for 4 or 6, or just dribbled off for a 1.

Thanks to me . This hint came after you saw my team collapsing against @mikeymerren . :p

akujojo

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can @BigAntStudios or @HBK619 or @fiction tell why are few stadiums locked? How do we unlock them? Also modes are locked too like T20 and ODI in verses.

The Stadiums, Backgrounds and Match Types get unlocked as you progress through the World Tour. Completing approximately 20% of the World Tour will unlock about 90% of the locked items.

Users who are viewing this thread