MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I'd venture to say a lot of polish. I was struggling to maintain 30 frames a second in the forced 720p - when my machine is fine with playing DBC14 with everything on high at 1080p and getting 50-60 fps. Not to mention the 30 seconds of loading screens at the start of each match.

It's hard to tell if some things are intentional - but if it is, having the ball warping and getting you out when it had come to a stop just inside that circle thing is annoying.

The games are way too long - the default match seems to be 10 overs and then the 'indoor' mode just reduces that to 8? Takes half an hour to get a match in, and the other options are for longer matches? Desperately needs a Five5 mode or even shorter - these should be 5 minute matches. If I'm going to invest the amount of time this game is asking for, I'd do it in DBC - I can't see the hook for this right now.

Better crowd than DBC at least.

I have a video encoding now, don't wait up though, it'll be a while.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
are you getting the Melbourne/delhi grounds and ODI gamemode locked? don't like that... I should be able to play everything I paid for, not have to earn bits.

Krokenoster

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Had a quick match when I finished downloading, and loved it. But that's it for now, got a 12 hour drive ahead of us in 2 hours. Time to get some sleep in. Have fun folks!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
are you getting the Melbourne/delhi grounds and ODI gamemode locked? don't like that... I should be able to play everything I paid for, not have to earn bits.
Yep. I'm also gutted I can't play in the 'man cave' yet. Though hopefully Big Ant got a good deal on the kitchen.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Played First online game . Overall a good experience but its taking too much time to setup everything. Played a 8 over per-side game .
The only Bug i found is that i was not able to use controller while selecting bowlers (Xbox controller). So i had to use keyboard for that.

** There is no ALLOUT system too , so i have too bowl 8 overs anyhow.

I hosted the match so i batted first ( TEAM : RSA :saf: ) . Scored 65 runs in 8 overs.

i took 15 wickets till I bowled my full quota of overs. Opponents Score ( -13 runs ).

2015-02-25_00033.jpg

2015-02-25_00034.jpg

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
you played indoor rules, there is no "out" in that you get 4 pairs of batsmen batting for 2 overs each and losing 5 runs for each "wicket"

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Only played one indoor game so far, but I will post some premature minor first impressions anyway. Overall the gameplay is basic, as you would expect from a £9.99 game. As it's an arcadey casual game this is fine of course. I got 66 off 8, CPU was on 100 off 6, before I found that if you get an LBW shout that is either out or close, and then don't change anything for the next few deliveries, the CPU will continue to struggle on that ball. Will probably try to not to exploit that, but will need to find another way to win (lost this game anyway) as my bowling kept getting hit for six.

It will probably be quite a fun game, but I hope a Five-5 or even less overs is implemented so I can have a very quick game of this. I can see 10 over matches dragging on after a while. Also, when do you press the +10/-10 km/h button? I've tried it at varying stages of a delivery but it doesn't seem to make much difference. Looking forward to checking out the World Tour when I have some time.

Can definitely see this passing lots of time and will help fill the DBC shaped hole on my mediocre computer.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
this is all based on a very early impression of course:

like DBC, the batting suffers from lack of feedback. I've missed the ball completely, hit sweet drives for 4, and lofted it out the ground for 6 and couldn't tell you for the life of me what I did differently.

I find a t10 about right (that being said both t10s I played I dismissed the AI well inside 10 overs), but cannot envisage playing any longer format. the world tour seemed to want me to play a t20 so that more or less takes out the entire game mode, which is a pity.

it's a fun, simple arcadey experience. what I played seems better than the licensed world cup game appeared from the video of it matt posted in his review. it's not really to be compared with DBC it's a completely different experience.

if you want a fun bash game, go for it. if you got a kid you want to play cricket games but is too young for the complexity of DBC, get this 100%. if your computer isn't up to running DBC and you don't have a console, maybe this is worth a try but it won't give you a serious cricket fix.

some strange things in that it has various modes which give an illusion of depth, but it has no toss, no difficulties etc. & the bowlers/fielders don't celebrate wickets in indoor mode, only t10/t20. I also don't like that some locations etc. are locked.

for anyone with DBC, I would say the real niche for this game is those times when you want a quick blast of cricket but don't have the time or mindset for the concentration of DBC. the in-game ad boards show an ad for tabletop baseball, I don't know if that's a real game @BigAntStudios are developing or not, but if they are based on this i'd buy it especially as i'm not into baseball but i'd like a fun representation of it. similarly, I expect tabletop cricket would be more popular with the casual cricket gamer than the planetcricket cricket anorak.

one word about price - I am sure Steam has better games for £9.99; a tenner isn't a lot but equally i'd say this game struggles to fully justify £9.99 especially when you consider it's also that in dollars.

one thing I really liked about this game, when bowling and moving on the crease, you really feel it made a difference to the outcome.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
So I downloaded the game and Blocker above is right on, love some of the animations in the game and the graphic are simple and cool. I found bowling fun and bowled the AI out for 177, Lbw and bowled are easy in this game. Batting was harder as I only made 100 or so in my 10 overs and never had a chance to win but next time the AI will not make as much.

A fun arcade cricket game for maybe a hour at a time, it's no DBC but what is to be honest. PS I agree Bigant needs to have better practice modes and to tell us how to play better as the same problem was in DBC just no where near as bad.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
As always, we're listening and will patch. Thanks for the support guys.

@blockerdave yes, TTB is a thing.
And this is the reason I bought this game. I knew that since this game is unique and first of its kind, there has to be something that would be not perfect. Havent got time to check the game completely but will surely do in an hour or so once I am off from work.

Users who are viewing this thread