South Africa's tour of India - October/December 2015

stefan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ya there is no doubt that Indian batsman perform better in SA than SA batsman performing on Indian pitches. India has always had a solid batting lineup. This series has been a little boring, I expected SA to at least put up a fight and they haven't even done so in this series.

Tbf our batsman have usually performed well in India. The test part of this tour has just been a disaster no doudt about that.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
The game at Wellington, had Jadeja caught McCullum should`ve been an innings win for us. Yet again, a squandered chance.

It was Kohli not Jadeja who dropped a relatively easy catch of McCullum when he was on 9 and then went on to make 302.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
LOL !! Rohit

In all fairness, atleast he dint throw it away with a horrible shot. Atleast, there is that. Atleast ..

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
To be in all fairness ABD is topping the chart with most runs one innings less so far. Murali Vijay was close to him by 5 runs and with him being out already he will not beat ABD seeing he still has one more inning to bat. Next highest scorer is Pujara averaging 35 and scored 179 and still going on. so in top 10 batsman for this series we have 7 Indians and only 3 SAF. Elgar Amla and ABD. With Amla having the most pathetic series of his life, it just shows no other batsman applied themselves. Pitch poor or not, you are professionals you have to apply your self. Heck even Ashwin has more runs 101 runs and Amla on 10th position has only 93 :p

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
As far as the team goes, we need to get rid of Dhawan or Rohit, we cant afford two easy wickets. Jadeja is fine at home, will be interesting with his improved batting this series he plays better away or not. Bowler wise we are pretty good with Ishant Umesh Varun & Shami but we need pool of bowlers and not just 4 as all 4 are completely 100 % injury prone. VK has lost his batting charm and needs to sort that out. He obviously said that he doesnt look to go for records just wants his team to win which is a good attitude but as captain you have a lot of responsibilty specially when you are VK, after the Dravid Tendulkar Ganguly Kumble Laxman generation, it was Dhoni generation and now VK you have that stature

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
also I know it doesnt matter but would Steyn fully fit would have mattered in this series?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Also one last thing, Murali Vijay has come a long way in Test Cricket, his determination and his focus have paid heaps to him.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@aditya123 I wish I shared your optimism about our pace attack. I have no doubt they have speed and can bowl an impressive spell but I'm yet to see the consistency abroad. Umesh Yadav and Varun Aaron in particular make me feel like tearing my hair out.

That is being a little harsh on those guys. Quick bowlers always come with a degree of waywardness. Mitchell Johnson was feared in the latter half of his career. Yet, if you look at his early career, he always was vulnerable. I would any day back such bowlers over Mohit Sharma or Vinay Kumar.[DOUBLEPOST=1449295120][/DOUBLEPOST]
It was Kohli not Jadeja who dropped a relatively easy catch of McCullum when he was on 9 and then went on to make 302.
Jadeja missed a caught and bowled chance, right?

PokerAce

Banned
I presume he is referring to how your board sabotaged our traditional new years newlands test last time because of their issues with haroon lorgat...

Lol maybe if your board actually consult the visiting team and finalise a viable itenary instead of going ahead and unilaterally publishing one that the visiting board never agreed to in the first place ... such issues will not occur.

but since bcci is involved the other side Is always the victim ... like if a car hits a pedestrian it's always the car driver's fault.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I will stick my neck our and say that we have better fast bowling than Pakistan, at the moment (shoot me for that).
Can't do much else from agreeing with you. In our current fast bowling attack (Rahat, Imran, Wahab), Wahab is the only one who can produce match-winning spell, but he's very inconsistent too. But when Aamir returns and Junaid sooner or later rediscovers his mojo, things could change ;)

PokerAce

Banned
No one ever said South Africa lost because of the pitch, it was as clear as daylight that the batsmen were out of their depth but we were within our rights to complain about the pitches, the Nagpur pitch was classified as bad so we were actually right believe it or not. That being said it isnt taking anything away from our performances, which looked like we could be bowled out by Prosper Utseya. I love how ever Indian supporter has taken this way out of proportion. Like Rudolph said I would expect more maturity and I started in the co7 forums...

To be honest if this was the general noise after the Nagpur test ... no one would go overboard with the pitch sarcasm. However the general noise was quite different.

Also no one will say that the Nagpur pitch was the greatest ever ... but the home side has a right to prepare whatever pitches they want ... We have always believed that .... India have toured abroad and played on terrible pitches and mostly have had a go at the batsmen for failing never the pitch.

Gangly once had a go at the pitch in a tour and everyone told him to shut up and play ... both sides play on that surface so what is he on about. If they can perform on that pitch why can't India.[DOUBLEPOST=1449305458][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why don't India try R Vinay Kumar as Ishant's partner in test matches? His domestic stats are quite impressive.

Oh dear ... oh dear delete this post before some selector reads it and gets ideas

Last edited:

PokerAce

Banned
I really like the look of the trophy ... its very unique ... If this series does go on to become a thing ... then the trophy will be one of the more iconic ones going around.

grkrama

National Board President
Should go for the slog in the morning and put SA into bat!

Class from rahanae and kohli today! Morkel did bowl his heart out!

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Enjoyed great bowling from Morkel and class innings from Rahane and and Kohli.A very good day of test cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread