How To Make And Record Music: My Road To Satisfaction!

D

Dutch

Now we play with EQ, trying to bring out the various sounds, cutting away frequencies that don't belong to an instrument enhancing frequencies that do...creating space for each instrument to be present .....and we try to settle each thing into the mix.....and we pan things a little....where do we want the main focus to be up the middle: drums, bass and acoustic guitar with piano and strings to the left and right....add a little reverb......coming along a little now....[DOUBLEPOST=1507064034][/DOUBLEPOST]We listen and hear that the drums and the bass aren't quite settled into each other and the acoustic guitar is too prominent..it needs to be like a soft blanket .....bass a little too harsh still......

Attachments

• El Loco's Driving Bass3.wav
    25.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dutch

We enhance the kick and pull the bass back slightly and the acoustic guitar...lets have a listen......[DOUBLEPOST=1507064657][/DOUBLEPOST]Perhaps missing a lead.....

Attachments

• El Loco's Driving Bass4.wav
    25.3 MB · Views: 4
D

Dutch

lets vary those drums, get some dynamics in the beat going a bit and add some lead......lead sounding a bit thin....lets have a look.....

Attachments

• El Loco's Driving Bass5.wav
    25.3 MB · Views: 5
D

Dutch

Now we need to do some mastering...we want it nice crisp and thumping in our ear without distorting the spaces......the bottom end is a little muddy towards the end...that will need fixing......but that's for tomorrow.... @El Loco ....hope you enjoy it!

Attachments

• El Loco's Driving Bass RM.wav
    24.7 MB · Views: 20

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I remember trying FL at a friend's house and playing around with it a bit but couldn't really pull off anything great hence quit it later after getting a bit frustrated, music has always helped and this sounds interesting. All the best @Dutch, you seem to love music and that's what it's all about.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Now we need to do some mastering...we want it nice crisp and thumping in our ear without distorting the spaces......the bottom end is a little muddy towards the end...that will need fixing......but that's for tomorrow.... @El Loco ....hope you enjoy it!
Enjoyed listening to this and seeing you build it from the ground up! It's been a while since I listened to an instrumental and actually tried to pick out all the the individual instruments working in tandem with eachother too. Great work! I quite liked the guitar solo at the end too.

D

Dutch

Just a little something I am working on......nice and chill.....nice present kick ...bass is a little off now and then...wil re-do that!

Attachments

• Slow ChillADLC.wav
    32.5 MB · Views: 12

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just a little something I am working on......nice and chill.....nice present kick ...bass is a little off now and then...wil re-do that!
So in that created music, you played the guitar and keyboard correct?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks Dave I shall see if I can make it into a full-blown song! I think I shall call it "Blockers Cooling Down" in honour of your fantastic efforts to get fit!

Ha ha thanks... had a blood pressure check and weigh in this morning. Nurse made me stand on the scales twice as she couldn't believe it... 8.5kgs off in last 4 weeks :)

D

Dutch

Blockers Cooling Down Version One!

Attachments

• BD's Cooling Down IR.wav
    52.2 MB · Views: 5
D

Dutch

I like the drums on this one: they sound really close. I think the mix is quite good....the middle section becomes a little muddy...need to clean that up......

Users who are viewing this thread