PCPL General Discussion

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
@AliB how on earth do you get this result ^ from the pitch conditions and ratings? If you cannot be unbiased then do not sim The Saints matches !!!

PCPL Management , kindly explain how you do the ratings. ^ Table clearly shows that The Saints have the better batting line-up. The pitch assist spin slightly more than seam.It's also a bouncy pitch :facepalm Why are our bowlers going at 5 - 6 RPO

We demand a rematch with @Na Maloom Afraad simming !!!
Before I even say anything, I'd just like to clear out that I take complete responsibility for the ratings.

Rudolph, when You and I were simulating the List-A leg we came up with a rating formula for the PlanetCricket users, the same formula was retained in the First-Class leg as well. I do understand You having problems with the result being so one-sided, but I can assure You that AliB did not, quote unquote, 'rig' the match. As far as the players not performing according to the pitch, my justification for that would be, that there is no pitch in the simulator that matches the one that You and Your team picked, but that doesn't mean that it can not be achieved within the confines of the simulator, but for that to happen, the ratings of the players must be tweaked slightly. And we did do that, but still, somehow the result was what it was.

Also, please do try to understand that one match doesn't define Your entire campaign in the tournament. Just because You had an awful first outing, doesn't mean that the rest of Your matches will be the same, regardless of who the simmer is.

Cheers.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
I do understand You having problems with the result being so one-sided
I'm glad that you've noticed that it's a one sided match... surely you have tested the ratings like we have with the List A leg? An all round :blueo: batting line-up outshining an all out :purpo: batting line-up is too much. A star player like Pollock going at 5 RPO is a bit much wouldn't you say? I'm confident that you will resolve the issues in our rematch...

Cheers.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I'm glad that you've noticed that it's a one sided match... surely you have tested the ratings like we have with the List A leg? An all round :blueo: batting line-up outshining an all out :purpo: batting line-up is too much. A star player like Pollock going at 5 RPO is a bit much wouldn't you say? I'm confident that you will resolve the issues in our rematch...

Cheers.
I do admit that the match was one-sided, but so were few of the warm-ups. I mean, The Saints defeated Middlesex by 156 runs, and that match was simmed by Ali. Doesn't mean it was rigged, right?

He wouldn't rig the tournament because there is nothing to be gained by that. I do agree that the match was a bit one-sided, but You are a league manager yourself, and You know that, that can happen sometimes. I however, do not think You guys should be given a re-sim just because You lost.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers

Cheers.
as league managers we must understand, that type of result might come in real life and also in simulator... so it is better to assume, that was not saints day and accept the outcome...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Surely the idea of these leagues is to have fun and interact with other members during/between the matches ? Winning would be nice but not be all and end all surely?

If every result in real life was decided by stats of each team we would all be Rich at the bookies and the matches would all be predictable?

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
He wouldn't rig the tournament because there is nothing to be gained by that. I do agree that the match was a bit one-sided, but You are a league manager yourself, and You know that, that can happen sometimes. I however, do not think You guys should be given a re-sim just because You lost.

Tried quoting @AliB post were he openingly said that the ratings are not important. The post was conveniently edited :mad

as league managers we must understand, that type of result might come in real life and also in simulator... so it is better to assume that was not saints day and accept the outcome...

One sided matches happen back of office type of thing... if it happens you adjust the ratings accordingly and resim until you get a realistic result. This isn't a normal league @Pinch hitter , we need accurate rated matches where :purpo: is better than :blueo:, :blueo: is better than :redo: etc. What was the whole fuss about then with the :purpo: players in the first place.

Surely the idea of these leagues is to have fun and interact with other members during/between the matches ? Winning would be nice but not be all and end all surely?

If every result in real life was decided by stats of each team we would all be Rich at the bookies and the matches would all be predictable?
Indeed, this is intended to be fun. Actively using CricSim myself, I know when player ratings are adjusted and when not. It's nothing personal Phil, not against Ali or any XX member, but we demand a rematch.

The following is meant as banter :right: " @zimrahil , will you consider @AliB as a staff member candidate if he assures you that you get the golden ball award?"

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tried quoting @AliB post were he openingly said that the ratings are not important. The post was conveniently edited :mad
Unfortunately, you're acting a bit too immaturely currently, you know what it takes to simulate a game and ratings are not everything they are just a set of form and old records and cricksim doesn't offer variety to chose the complexity of the pitch.

Nothing is edited I meant a debutant can also pick Virat on a duck on his day.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I trust both Ali and Rudi. I can vouch for Ali that he did not have any bias towards XX. Also, I can confidently say that Rudi is not aiming any personal attacks, but expressing displeasure on the way result turned out (one sided and pitch favouring some kind of bowlers). And I am sure NMA rated the players accordingly without any bias. You three are veteran members here. I do not know how the testing was done and how the results should turn out ( few one sided, or always competitive ) as I haven't worked in PCPL, but I am not pleased to see that many players are withdrawing from pcpl, just after one match. Surely we can wait and see how the second match goes and then decide how to proceed further?

As zim said, PCPL is meant to have fun. We lose some matches, we win some. Already many friendship, many users have been hurt from this PCPL season. I do not wish to see this again now. My humble request for the Saints team is, please wait for the next match to be simmed and let's see how it goes and please don't withdraw from pcpl. If this goes at this rate, pcpl will soon become extinct and will not happen from next time onwards ( if the damage is not already done).

D

Deleted member 46200

Already many friendship, many users have been hurt from this PCPL season.
The trouble is you are being so sincere... Give snowflake a boiled sweet to suck on!!! If this is about me then spit it out and stop pissing about... And, stop being immature it's a game... Just a game.

My husband plays me at FIFA and wipes the floor with me, I don't cry about it!!!

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
The trouble is you are being so sincere... Give snowflake a boiled sweet to suck on!!! If this is about me then spit it out and stop pissing about... And, stop being immature it's a game... Just a game.

My husband plays me at FIFA and wipes the floor with me, I don't cry about it!!!
What ? Please don't make this about you. I never included you, I have no idea how you arrived to the above bolded point ? And... you are calling me immature ? lol.

D

Deleted member 46200

What ? Please don't make this about you. I never included you, I have no idea how you arrived to the above bolded point ? And... you are calling me immature ? lol.
Excuse me Mr Staff member what is said in PM stays in PM... @MattW @zimrahil please read the text in the thread first and continue this in a pm... Thankyou!!!

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Excuse me Mr Staff member what is said in PM stays in PM... @MattW @zimrahil please read the text in the thread first and continue this in a pm... Thankyou!!!
lol. What are you talking about ? What did I say here which you said in so called 'pm' ? I have no idea how you escalate from one point to another which has no connection whatsoever. I never mentioned you or any of your post or any reference or anything even minutely related to you and you just keep on going with your own theories.

Users who are viewing this thread