PCPL General Discussion

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Alright! After going through all the posts let me just give my 2 piece of thoughts. Not that it matters but just want to say something. I have tremendous and absolute respect for everyone out here. I have been on these forums for close to 10 years now. I was a very active part in leagues section although I have had repeated failure of running my own league. We have had brilliant league managers here such as @CG123 @Sartaj and many others. Its not an easy deal running and I know it. Running a league is not only about simulation its all about the hard-work that goes from first rating players to actually running and posting matches. I am not siding with anyone and @RUDI might have his genuine reservation and its not fair on @AliB also to be bearer of all blames. I have followed PCPL and previously the CCL if not wrong in leagues section. Have been part of both but there are few changes I definitely want to suggest in order to get this going with everyone happy.

1. No one should be responsible for rating and simulation who is part of a particular team. So @AliB @Na Maloom Afraad should not be part of any team if they want to continue running the PCPL. This balances out option as no one will be biased. Let me be very clear I am not accusing @AliB & @Na Maloom Afraad of being biased.

2. Ratings should be standard and then be increased based on only activity and eagerness shown during the league stage. Also this rating shall only be affected in next season and not in current season.

3. Also I would request @RUDI @Pinch hitter & @Saroj padhy to join back. Its just a request, to join back or not it depends on them.

4. Repeat step 1 and step 2 and I think you have a nice PCPL coming along.

Would request staff and mods to please pay attention to this @zimrahil @PresidentEvil @zwarrior @asprin
Appreciate the inputs. This can be followed in future PCPL events but the current leg, like it nor not, I feel will have to continue as is. There has been too much time and effort invested so far and starting from scratch wouldn't be the best idea. That's just my views though.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Alright! After going through all the posts let me just give my 2 piece of thoughts. Not that it matters but just want to say something. I have tremendous and absolute respect for everyone out here. I have been on these forums for close to 10 years now. I was a very active part in leagues section although I have had repeated failure of running my own league. We have had brilliant league managers here such as @CG123 @Sartaj and many others. Its not an easy deal running and I know it. Running a league is not only about simulation its all about the hard-work that goes from first rating players to actually running and posting matches. I am not siding with anyone and @RUDI might have his genuine reservation and its not fair on @AliB also to be bearer of all blames. I have followed PCPL and previously the CCL if not wrong in leagues section. Have been part of both but there are few changes I definitely want to suggest in order to get this going with everyone happy.

1. No one should be responsible for rating and simulation who is part of a particular team. So @AliB @Na Maloom Afraad should not be part of any team if they want to continue running the PCPL. This balances out option as no one will be biased. Let me be very clear I am not accusing @AliB & @Na Maloom Afraad of being biased.

2. Ratings should be standard and then be increased based on only activity and eagerness shown during the league stage. Also this rating shall only be affected in next season and not in current season.

3. Also I would request @RUDI @Pinch hitter & @Saroj padhy to join back. Its just a request, to join back or not it depends on them.

4. Repeat step 1 and step 2 and I think you have a nice PCPL coming along.

Would request staff and mods to please pay attention to this @zimrahil @PresidentEvil @zwarrior @asprin
We had the similar pattern (as you said) before. But some members had issues with purple ratings for some and not the owners. That's where all the system were changed and made is more transparent.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Appreciate the inputs. This can be followed in future PCPL events but the current leg, like it nor not, I feel will have to continue as is. There has been too much time and effort invested so far and starting from scratch wouldn't be the best idea. That's just my views though.
I completely agree. As I was saying to avoid things in future the people running PCPL should not be part of any team. If only people did not make this go off topic

D

Deleted member 46200

Being honest there are some who take this way to seriously... It is supposed to be fun and aid people engaging with each other. I'm going to give out some pills which aids the development of fun and humour in people who need it, some desperately!

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
avoid things in future the people running PCPL should not be part of any team.
That doesn't matter. As we have two simmers where Ali has simmed the game where he didn't belong to either of the participating teams. While NMA simmed the game of his team and the result was very satisfying. It's been the same for many seasons now and changing it doesn't make any sense.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
People complain things go ‘off topic’ but on thr other hand I constantly have to remind myself this isn’t some officially organised ICC event where actual exchanging of money is involved. The organisers are doing a thankless task, as is being proven lately.

D

Deleted member 46200

Not the first time this has happened man. But hey it's all great banter! :)
Yes it is, I generally find the 'more' I engage with people the 'more' I find out about them and appreciate them 'more'. I feel so rich with the guys I have spoken to on here and the things I learn here... The PCPL is realistically a social enterprise for the world.

I want to learn how to talk to girls 0300563875

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
It's been the same for many seasons now and changing it doesn't make any sense.
I beg to differ. Yes, it's been the same in previous seasons. But that does not take away the fact that his idea has merits. This is not to say that I'm having problems with the results in this season (I know squat about how things work behind the scenes while simulating a match, so I'm not really in a position to say if the results are biased or not). My point here is that it's not fair to say "it doesn't make any sense" because it does to me and I'm sure to few others too.

Wouldn't it be better if the management team's focus is on the "management" part of a league than being an active participant as a player? Because I feel as long as that is not the case, there will always be issues raised by others regarding biased-ness (if that's even a word) towards results, even if one is simulating a match that doesn't involve himself as a player. Wouldn't it make sense to take that out of the equation altogether?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Yes it is, I generally find the 'more' I engage with people the 'more' I find out about them and appreciate them 'more'. I feel so rich with the guys I have spoken to on here and the things I learn here... The PCPL is realistically a social enterprise for the world.

I want to learn how to talk to girls 0300563875

Hate to break this to you, but User was being facetious.....

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
The organisers are doing a thankless task, as is being proven lately.
Thanks for this, Phil. Hopefully people will understand what it takes to present each day with finding high quality relative images and the additional graphics for the Golden bat and ball plus I had some great ideas for presenting weekly awards, but it is unlikely I'll implement those after being called as "management sucks".

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Wouldn't it be better if the management team's focus is on the "management" part of a league than being an active participant as a player? Because I feel as long as that is not the case, there will always be issues raised by others regarding biased-ness (if that's even a word) towards results, even if one is simulating a match that doesn't involve himself as a player. Wouldn't it make sense to take that out of the equation itself?
We eventually withdrew our players but we got them in due to public demand. To be fairly honest - We are least bothered about how the respective teams are doing and we don't even have a team conversation to be frank, our players are in just to be simmed, we don't sit and cry and ask for a re-match/re-sim if our players don't perform. I scored 26 runs in the first game and NMA scored 39 and picked 3 wickets, did he re-sim to score more? Did I ask him to re-sim to score more? No. Our players are in just as normal players and as a formality.

It's been happening too much and I'd only want to say that the match results don't affect us and we have no reasons to rig it up.

Thanks.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
We eventually withdrew our players but we got them in due to public demand. To be fairly honest - We are least bothered about how the respective teams are doing and we don't even have a team conversation to be frank, our players are in just to be simmed, we don't sit and cry and ask for a re-match/re-sim if our players don't perform. I scored 26 runs in the first game and NMA scored 39 and picked 3 wickets, did he re-sim to score more? Did I ask him to re-sim to score more? No. Our players are in just as normal players and as a formality.

It's been happening too much and I'd only want to say that the match results don't affect us and we have no reasons to rig it up.

Thanks.
Again, I'm not pointing fingers at anybody. Like I said earlier, I've absolutely no problems with the results. I'm here to have fun, interact, pull a leg etc. So winning or losing doesn't matter to me at all.

In a sense, you proved my point of "management's focus" via:
Hopefully people will understand what it takes to present each day with finding high quality relative images and the additional graphics for the Golden bat and ball plus I had some great ideas for presenting weekly awards

All I'm saying is that as long as people in management continue to be a part of a team as well, there will voices raised against you. It's not fair, I acknowledge that but it will happen.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
All I meant to say in that post was for betterment of PCPL management as I know the pain of running things in a league. Anyways as usual things go "off topic" and no its not banter, some folks just dont understand and things will remain same and be moved on. In the end I just want to say that @AliB & @Na Maloom Afraad I have nothing against you. I dont even realize if things are fairly run or not and NO I AM NOT ACCUSING YOU both. I come here (did not even get a chance) post my one or two thoughts see the match result post again and go about the day. Does not matter and do not care what the result is as its just for fun.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
That doesn't matter. As we have two simmers where Ali has simmed the game where he didn't belong to either of the participating teams. While NMA simmed the game of his team and the result was very satisfying. It's been the same for many seasons now and changing it doesn't make any sense.
Do not agree. If things have been same for many season there can be things that can be changed. Keeping or repeating same things again does not prove things are right, it proves no one cares to raise an issue if there is one. ONCE AGAIN like all my posts I have written, I do not think there is an issue or I am not accusing anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread