Patch 1.08 is now available on PS4 and XBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, where is the option to choose "copy player appearance from academy"? I have looked and can't seem to find it. When I create a player and select rookie it keeps going to the screen where you create your player..

On the latest patch for PS4 it is 3rd option down after first name and surname when creating rookie player

The problem I mentioned here has disappeared after I didn’t mess with club teams stadiums and uniforms when setting up domestic details...

This latest patch has done something to edges. I am playing on default sliders. In the opening 8 overs of a one day international I must have had around 15 edges, none of them going to the slips. Not bothered about them not going to slips but I think that there are too many edges. Previous to this patch, frequency of edges was not a problem and was more realistic.

This latest patch has done something to edges. I am playing on default sliders. In the opening 8 overs of a one day international I must have had around 15 edges, none of them going to the slips. Not bothered about them not going to slips but I think that there are too many edges. Previous to this patch, frequency of edges was not a problem and was more realistic.

Nothing was intentionally done to edges. However my theory is.. that with the tuning to AI run rates etc the edge may be being used more frequently for the Ai to score runs.

Would make sense to me as in my Test Match I had nothing out of the ordinary in the 150 I bowled.

So it’s currently a get out of jail card thing.

Nothing was intentionally done to edges. However my theory is.. that with the tuning to AI run rates etc the edge may be being used more frequently for the Ai to score runs.

Would make sense to me as in my Test Match I had nothing out of the ordinary in the 150 I bowled.

So it’s currently a get out of jail card thing.
Jesus what a crock. Edges to up the run rate. In real cricket edges come down to batsman error and/or good bowling. Whereas here we have a game that produces them to on a scripted/rubber banding basis depending on set parameters. What’s the point of even playing?

Explains why so many edges happen to go wide of all fielders, regardless of the number of slips in place. Probably also explains why the AI hits balls in the air frequently only to magically drop out of the sky and land just before the fielders.

I’m getting more and more sure it’s the AI deciding when they’ll lose a wicket.

Jesus what a crock. Edges to up the run rate. In real cricket edges come down to batsman error and/or good bowling. Whereas here we have a game that produces them to on a scripted/rubber banding basis depending on set parameters. What’s the point of even playing?

Explains why so many edges happen to go wide of all fielders, regardless of the number of slips in place. Probably also explains why the AI hits balls in the air frequently only to magically drop out of the sky and land just before the fielders.

I’m getting more and more sure it’s the AI deciding when they’ll lose a wicket.

My Theory mate my theory...

More like they are playing more aggressive shots and the edge ratio for those shots is too high.

But with ideal timing all 3 still edges for no reason and if you talk about online its a nightmare we have deliveries faster that bullet.
Offline play now mode is good the other modes are lacking behind with the speed of the ball.

The Ball Trajectory when being hit for a Big one is way too high in my opinion.

You now have the situation every now and again of a Mid On/Off , turning around , running to the Boundary line , casually turning around with hands on hips , and then Taking a Catch.

Totally out of Sync.

Or the dreaded , "I`ll sommer catch it facing the Crowds over my own shoulder whilst chatting with the Crowd.

Fielding , NEEDS some attention.

The ball trajectory sometimes indeed seems to be too high. This is especially the case for good length balls. But the main problem is seems to be one involving the physics of the game. The ball seems to be able to hang in the air for too long a period, meaning fielders can literally run from the inner ring to the boundary edge to catch a ball. This makes things very unrealistic. It ends up with me fearing taking on mid off or mid on, because I know I could be caught on the boundary edge as if the fielders were already positioned at long on and long off.

I feel like we need a way to make AI yorkers more dangerous. As they still are too easy to smash a six off any blue delivery. Either increase shot error or add a fifth colour(?) to designate a missed Yorker length or full toss

My Theory mate my theory...

More like they are playing more aggressive shots and the edge ratio for those shots is too high.

I’m not sure they are playing more aggressively tbh.

I dunno - truth is I’ve been so busy I haven't played much recently so haven’t got the biggest sample to go on. But as far as I could tell up until at least 1.07 on PS4 edges were awesome - was getting plenty but they weren’t all wickets. They were varied and always went in the right direction based on the shot and the bit of bat hit...

From 1.07 I noticed less variation, didn’t notice the “wrong” direction though. I put the different/lesser variation down to either the particular pitch, or perhaps a change to wicket chance meaning they were going where fielders couldn’t get them. (Specifically majority went in an area you can’t even cover, between the widest slip and backward point.)

From 1.08 I’d say the lack of variation is even more pronounced, and the edges are frequently going in the wrong direction - in fact I’d say the majority do. Mainly inside edges going on the off side, or leading edges going to fine leg or even (off the spinner) to the keeper for a catch.

Question - do you usually play in OOTB stadium with default ad boards?

I’m not sure they are playing more aggressively tbh.

I dunno - truth is I’ve been so busy I haven't played much recently so haven’t got the biggest sample to go on. But as far as I could tell up until at least 1.07 on PS4 edges were awesome - was getting plenty but they weren’t all wickets. They were varied and always went in the right direction based on the shot and the bit of bat hit...

From 1.07 I noticed less variation, didn’t notice the “wrong” direction though. I put the different/lesser variation down to either the particular pitch, or perhaps a change to wicket chance meaning they were going where fielders couldn’t get them. (Specifically majority went in an area you can’t even cover, between the widest slip and backward point.)

From 1.08 I’d say the lack of variation is even more pronounced, and the edges are frequently going in the wrong direction - in fact I’d say the majority do. Mainly inside edges going on the off side, or leading edges going to fine leg or even (off the spinner) to the keeper for a catch.

Question - do you usually play in OOTB stadium with default ad boards?

Honestly have no idea and honestly not had the same so it’s one of those weird ones.

Like I said 150 overs at them yesterday before they declared and it all seemed genuine.

Pitch type maybe!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread