Cricket 19 General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@Langeveldt @WealeyH @wasteyouryouth

sorry if this is a silly question - but have you made the fielders you have at mid-off/mid-on very good at those positions? Are there perks for speed? Have you given them this perk?
I generally have bowlers top two fielding positions as outfield and mid on. For some fast bowlers I've give some stamina related perks.

jacqueskallis

County Cricketer
Hi everyone. So I just purchased the game but the options are running away like anything. It takes me ages just to click on options. Did anyone experience any such thing?

I am using Playmax Controller that I had bought for Don Bradman '14.

Is it the gamepad or something else is wrong?

https://www.metacafe.com/embed/12054929/cricket-19/

EDIT: I just tried to play Don Bradman with it and it has same issue so looks like its time to change the Controller.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@Langeveldt @WealeyH @wasteyouryouth

sorry if this is a silly question - but have you made the fielders you have at mid-off/mid-on very good at those positions? Are there perks for speed? Have you given them this perk?

I have paid it no consideration... but am willing to.

That wouldnt explain though why we get the odd ring and outfield catch on odi but not test, with he same teams.

Im willing to test tomorrow in a major way though... BUT I like the idea of having fielders of differing skills. All being superhuman wouldnt cut it for me.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
The only way to test is minutely detailing the test criteria:

For example: how do default sliders work on x pitch with x mentality? Play 15 overs for each adjustment and detail the outcomes.

Then change one slider 5 points and do it all over again.

Unless it is done absolutely methodically there is no point.

I for one cannot be arsed after all the hours and hours and hours.
It continues to baffle me as to why we are left to try and decode the mysteries of these sliders. Why have BA not produced a definitive guide as to what each slider does individually and in combination? It seems odd that this game has been out for so long and yet it is still impossible to predict what any slider change should do to the game. As a result, I tend to leave them well alone as otherwise I fear the game will be come less about cricket and more about slider tweaking optimisation. I'm pretty sure that the enigma devices weren't as hard to decipher.

That said, I do have a degree of sympathy for BA as these sliders were very much in response to user demand after DBC 14 got released. Unfortunately the gift of sliders has not been all that we'd hoped for. I would rather BA just do the tweaking for us, so we didn't need the sliders.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Langeveldt, @wasteyouryouth. So what settings are you guys playing on? I only saw the physics settings but not anything with AI. I’m playing Veteran with striker timing at 40, wicket chance 50, bowl quality 50 and run rate 16. Only thing in physics that I changed was the speed min at 60 and max at 70. I’m currently playing as Australia 90’s vs India 90’s in a test match. India the AI is playing very defensive but got bowled out cheaply in both their innings. Took some great wickets but nothing that @Langeveldt is looking for. Going to try the exact same settings in the next test match but AI on Legendary

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
@Langeveldt, @wasteyouryouth. So what settings are you guys playing on? I only saw the physics settings but not anything with AI. I’m playing Veteran with striker timing at 40, wicket chance 50, bowl quality 50 and run rate 16. Only thing in physics that I changed was the speed min at 60 and max at 70. I’m currently playing as Australia 90’s vs India 90’s in a test match. India the AI is playing very defensive but got bowled out cheaply in both their innings. Took some great wickets but nothing that @Langeveldt is looking for. Going to try the exact same settings in the next test match but AI on Legendary

@wasteyouryouth @blockerdave @WealeyH @Dutch
I am playing AI vs AI (specifically as I don't have time to bowl thousands of overs tweaking sliders now again).

Pro mode, everything default, except for timing on 30 and bowl quality on 80. I have lightly edited teams as a feel tailenders were becoming a bit superhuman.

What am I looking for? A slight change in mentality bearing on the sim. And for batsmen in the last ten overs of an ODI not to be completely invincible.

If that never works because I am not willing to put in thousands of hours of bowling in trying to get one lobbed catch up in the air, then so be it.

I am reasonably happy with ODIs apart from tailenders smashing the ball around everywhere towards the end like they are Viv Richards.

Why do people lower the run rate? What is their theory?

I am essentially looking for a game I can watch in the background where evidentially the pitch is going to play a bit of a part. So our mentalities, and skills, to a degree, add in some random dismissals, and that's that...

Last edited:

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
@wasteyouryouth @blockerdave @WealeyH @Dutch
I am playing AI vs AI (specifically as I don't have time to bowl thousands of overs tweaking sliders now again).

Pro mode, everything default, except for timing on 30 and bowl quality on 80. I have lightly edited teams as a feel tailenders were becoming a bit superhuman.

What am I looking for? A slight change in mentality bearing on the sim. And for batsmen in the last ten overs of an ODI not to be completely invincible.

If that never works because I am not willing to put in thousands of hours of bowling in trying to get one lobbed catch up in the air, then so be it.

I am reasonably happy with ODIs apart from tailenders smashing the ball around everywhere towards the end like they are Viv Richards.

Why do people lower the run rate? What is their theory?
I lower the run rate in test matches because the AI smashes boundaries like they are playing an ODI match when settings is on default.[DOUBLEPOST=1586470524][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and I’m also changing tailender skills because of their mentality.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
If you want to see that I am not stuffing around, here are five AI vs AI ODIs with a few teams, minimum of 3 dismissals, Veteran, default settings but pace sliders both on 70. (This is earlier data from before Covid-19 when I preferred Veteran and higher speeds. (Now I think tailenders can just whack sixes with impunity if you raise the bowling speeds)

Mentalities, abilities, they were what you'd expect me to set for those players if you follow cricket, maybe tweaked down a bit from what you find on the academy.

I know BA claim that some results may vary, and I am aware of this, but I'd like this to be an indicator of the cricket that bowlers encounter when they play (and let's face it, all the problems are the same.)

I remember I used to have guys like Nathan Astle playing over 250 matches but I lost the data in a HD crash before the days of cloud computing.

Attachments

• 5 veteran ODIs Avg.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 5 veteran ODIs SR.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Just default veteran. The AI run rate was fine in a previous innings I bowled, on these settings they were going about 1 rpo faster. I can only assume it may be because it was different conditions, my bowling or that the physics meant boundaries were more consistent than singles and twos.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
@Langeveldt. I started playing one ODI with your settings and so far enjoying it. Aus (me) against Bangladesh and bowled them out for 198. Fair amount of boundaries were hit and also the running between the wickets were decent. I usually play on Legendary and don’t get the same realism from Odi’s. Still have to bat and will let you know what I think. Will try out veteran like wasteyouryouth said in my next match. Thanks guys for your replies:thumbs

Kumarjit Dey

School Cricketer
When we are batting we can see the pitch marker just before bowler delivers the ball. But how can we understand if its going to be an inswing delivery or outswing?

Bevab

Staff Member
When we are batting we can see the pitch marker just before bowler delivers the ball. But how can we understand if its going to be an inswing delivery or outswing?

I remember it being associated with the ball marker, the side which was more opaque indicating the direction of the swing.

Seeing all of this test love has made me do a bizarre experiment and play a test league with the IPL franchises with current squads (my database got reset so the future of the CL tournament is in doubt, although the savefiles for groups still exist so I could finish that assuming I'm not pushed into service by then).

First game was CSK vs RCB on a dusty, medium day 3 pitch at the Chepauk, the time of pitch Dhoni would love. Currently batting as CSK, with Umesh in the middle of a lovely spell that has got Watto already. Shoutout to the fellow Bevan fan for recommending to raise the striker miss slider, it has made the game already feel much more realistic. Watto had nearly five drives that he missed closely before he edged one, something that I've not really experienced before (it was just several drives to a ring fielder before edging one previously). Vijay also had a defensive stroke played poorly that had a LBW appeal and DRS referral which turned out to be two greens, in true Kohli fashion.

Will keep updating as the game progresses. :) Might do a new thread for it if there is enough interest even if I wouldn't be really regular. :p

D

Dutch

Yeah there is pitch marker and ball marker. Good to see all this testing and playing going on. Might help us really hone in what is needed and how in a next iteration.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
The only way to test is minutely detailing the test criteria:

For example: how do default sliders work on x pitch with x mentality? Play 15 overs for each adjustment and detail the outcomes.

Then change one slider 5 points and do it all over again.

Unless it is done absolutely methodically there is no point.

I for one cannot be arsed after all the hours and hours and hours.
Feel like this today.

Each pitch needs a baseline of what can be expected. This thread just highlights all the different opinions people have about what's wrong. Blocker thinks the bounce is too much, I'd say it's probably at least a foot too low on every pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread