Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
So I saw a stream from the link from Twitter comments... He was trashing the game and he was showing the batting game. That dude didn't even connect a shot...not even a defence on front foot and he says controls are shit. Man hiw hard is it to push your left and right stick to the direction of thr ball. God such jerks!!
The guy streaming on Twitch?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What I saw in Taco’s video:

No outswing
Arm ball moves like a doosra
broken physics engine (25mph)

and the pointless aftertouch.

not promising, is it?

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bad Planning By BA , its 12th Oct and no update in Steam

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
What I saw in Taco’s video:

No outswing
Arm ball moves like a doosra
broken physics engine (25mph)

and the pointless aftertouch.

not promising, is it?
To be fair the bowler quality was medium and not high so maybe a higher rated bowler would have swung it more? Not sure, I’m streaming in about 20 mins so gonna have more of a play around

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Aftertouch looks absolutely pointless for anything except multiplayer based on @passwordistaco video.

it’s a feature that you use to put the ball left or right of where the ball marker is.

absolute zero utility for anyone not an online bro.
It's great for couch and online multiplayer though and I am pretty sure that half of the crowd plays either couch or online multiplayer compare to the other half which plays single player only
Post automatically merged:

It's great for couch and online multiplayer though and I am pretty sure that half of the crowd plays either couch or online multiplayer compare to the other half which plays single player only
Also it will make batting a night mare under seaming/swinging or spinning conditions which is realistic and exactly what it should have been.
Play in the V and watch it till the last moment when it's doing too much will be the only saving grace.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Post automatically merged:

Also it will make batting a night mare under seaming/swinging or spinning conditions which is realistic and exactly what it should have been.
Is it great? Or is it going to be annoying very quickly?

the game theoretically already has ways to allow you to vary where the ball actually lands in relation to the pitch marker.

this looks like a gimmick that the bowler doesn’t really have any control over and will annoy the batsman

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Yooo how is pre order not up in PSN yet?!?!?!?! Uhmm might have to wait for few more days again, I suppose.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain

Is it great? Or is it going to be annoying very quickly?

the game theoretically already has ways to allow you to vary where the ball actually lands in relation to the pitch marker.

this looks like a gimmick that the bowler doesn’t really have any control over and will annoy the batsman
Actually I wanted this feature since Cricket 07 abbh bluff marker patch , it made a new life to Cricket 07 playing with my bro , but the only problem was it was random and I really wanted it to be controllable , guess what i got my wish after 15 years lol ,

Bro if you're reading this then prepared to get bamboozle next month.

Staresblank

Club Captain
Does aftertouch replace the triggers in order to bowl fuller/shorter balls? (The deliveries where you would use L1/R1). If that's the case, it may give us more depth on deciding on a length, which would be a plus in single player.

I quite liked the addition of a pitch marker on arcade mode. It's perfect reasonable in a cricket simulation to select the area of a pitch that you'd like to bowl at. The key is to ensure you're punished if you get the inputs wrong. I.e if you release too early it will be a half volley, or if you're too late it will be a long hop. The skill of the bowler should then define how easy it is to hit that perfect spot. It would be nice to have a pitch marker incorporated into classic controls!

Users who are viewing this thread