Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Harigoks

County Cricketer
You monster! Take that back! :(:(:(:noway

Side note, everyone talks about Brian Lara Cricket (or Shane Warne here in Australia), does anyone remember the glory that was cricket 96? And SNES cricket before that?
Unfortunately I did not see the world back then to know about cricket 96

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You monster! Take that back! :(:(:(:noway

Side note, everyone talks about Brian Lara Cricket (or Shane Warne here in Australia), does anyone remember the glory that was cricket 96? And SNES cricket before that?
I member! ;)

niksopikso

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Thing which needs the maximum improvement for realism is fielding. In C19 player takes catches with there back towards the ball. Player standing in slips dives and collects the ball instead of wicket keeper and also keeper diving unnecessarily on every ball when batsman has connected a ball. Bowlers on follow through making a magic dive to stop the ball and fielders collecting the ball and hitting the stumps literally take ages and as already mentioned by everyone collision physics. Hope all of this is gone in C22.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Thing which needs the maximum improvement for realism is fielding. In C19 player takes catches with there back towards the ball. Player standing in slips dives and collects the ball instead of wicket keeper and also keeper diving unnecessarily on every ball when batsman has connected a ball. Bowlers on follow through making a magic dive to stop the ball and fielders collecting the ball and hitting the stumps literally take ages and as already mentioned by everyone collision physics. Hope all of this is gone in C22.
Teleportation to be honest for that bowler comment.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I do find the old cosmetics v gameplay argument a bit pointless. Big Ant isn't a massive company but I expect they have people working on different things. An animator or artist isn't being told to make more cut scenes instead of tune bounce for each any every licensed ground to be 100% accurate.

shery_rsa

Club Captain
Sadly we have not seen the fielding gameplay yet... I hope the fielders don't catch the ball facing the boundary or crowd, lol
I am also little worried about that too because no news about fielding animation or mechanism , diving catch on slip and caught behind by keeper look very bad and some superman bowling catch just ruined all

Harigoks

County Cricketer
I do find the old cosmetics v gameplay argument a bit pointless. Big Ant isn't a massive company but I expect they have people working on different things. An animator or artist isn't being told to make more cut scenes instead of tune bounce for each any every licensed ground to be 100% accurate.
Precise! It's a simulation game and things might not be the same as in real life. It's okay to have some funny bugs on the field but not everything. It's just not the end card to them. It's a growing studio and they have done better than others and I am a fan of their work. I'm happy to have a decent game with better mechanics. And it's another cricket title, so it's a hype. Again we have not seen anything other than one white hat guy telling us how the game looks.. Who knows, the gameplay might be better or even amazing that no one has imagined or maybe not. So we can speculate all we want until then, lol.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
For Xbox users, i've found a much cheaper pre-order than what i've gone with at a little over £13. You'll need a VPN to redeem the key on delivery but there's free alternatives out there. I've used the site plenty and they always come good.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Share your gameplay video or post your livestream link here so that people can join in..

Posting a video I made about Aftertouch for Pro Controls..

for pro Controls This After touch kind of thing is useless .. !

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
After touch in pro seems to be for short or full length. Seems to be okay.
idk actually we have to see match gameplay to comment, because I feel since we have no hud marker like in arcade we might not quite see the difference right away.

I personally feel this after touch would be like a 360 degree version of 'fuller/shorter' sub length we had (or even better :D) so hoping thats the case..

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
The precision shot button, which also gives you access to chip shots, is a lot more value to the control scheme than using that button for advancing shots. You can still click in the stick after the ball is released to play a non-premeditated advancing shot, obviously your timing window isn't very long to do that, but you can.

That's the only difference in actual controls, everything else is subjective "feel", which is hard to judge and even harder to quantify. Keeping the Pro controls as close as possible to the DBC14 versions is always the aim.

Matt, me and my friends have never used the precision shot and that's because we predominantly play t20s against each other. And we can't play the advance down the wicket because it gives away the idea with the 'bat-up' animation. Playing it non-premeditated by clicking the same stick that controls timing means I can't do it at the same time like any other shot and it's a super risky shot that ends up being so hard to play - meaning my chance of getting it right is so less.

I would use a precision shot more likely when I'm in Test matches or wicket saving mode or looking for quick singles or doubles on an open field. And even if I premeditated a 'precision mode' I wouldn't fear losing my wicket.

Honestly, this whole problem can be solved by just giving us an option to remap/switch the two buttons and leave it to us to decide how we want to play. I have been voicing this since DBC17 and I don't understand how anyone benefits from being so stubborn and forcing us to play it your way!

Users who are viewing this thread