Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I am checking posts from my mobile and since yesterday the page seems to be like the pic attached below..is everyone facing this? Is there any settings I need to change, I remember I did not change anything.View attachment 257436
Mines been different in the last couple days too, just not as bad as that

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Figured I'd take a moment to explain some of the thinking here.

The DBC14 style of career skill progression that a lot of people liked had a major flaw in that the only way you could get good at something was to do it repeatedly in match, which would likely have meant getting out more or bowling worse, which would impact your selection. Adding the Gym among other things lets you then create a more fully rounded way of handling how a career player develops, you can just play the matches and ignore it all, but you can also use it to offset and work on your weaknesses in case you get stuck and can't get up to the next level.

As much as gameplay is the nuts and bolts of how the AI play, gameplay is also about what the experience is for the person playing. Feeling like you are stuck at a particular point of your career and facing massive grinding in club matches for years on end is just as bad of a gameplay experience as some other issues people raise.

The other aspect is marketing, while it's very much outside things I deal with, I'd suggest it's very hard to start a sales pitch with "this thing was busted". So we're not going to make a trailer showing off fielders throwing with their dominant arm, we're just going to fix that issue, and see if people notice it when they get their hands on the game. On the other hand, if there's a new thing you can go do, like a mechanic in game, or new cutscenes, it's very easy to convey that stuff to someone in a video. A lot of the improvements to gameplay are things you'll just have to play, or have other people you trust play and review it, so it's something that's harder to have at the forefront of promotional stuff.

plz need your kind favor for early access to those who pre-ordered :) (atleast for digital ones)

Zhish

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I am checking posts from my mobile and since yesterday the page seems to be like the pic attached below..is everyone facing this? Is there any settings I need to change, I remember I did not change anything.View attachment 257436
Happening to me too. I had to change to "PC site" option in my browser.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
plz need your kind favor for early access to those who pre-ordered :) (atleast for digital ones)
Depends where you pre-ordered. Steam is automatic, other sellers you have to go through them from what I've heard.

Rob Stanworth

Club Captain
Have there been any news on on pitch tweaks. I don't mean new features, but improvements to gameplay/AI etc which established followers of the series will appreciate?

I get that they're trying to get new people in to the series by talking about accessibility and training drills so they know where the off side is, BUT have any of the quirks or issues mentioned over time on these forums been fixed do we know/think?

D

Deleted member 185125

I hope scenario mode hasn't gone away. It would be great if it had classic Ashes Matches from the past, with licensed retired players. I remember one of the olde ashes games had it.

D

Deleted member 185125

Player Cards are back

eddo_1025

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Stokes is definitely holding a GM bat. Have they been officially licensed before?

Users who are viewing this thread