Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Trust me they are more than aware of the issues!
Yea... This is my last attempt. I'll give all the support to create tickets the way they want. If these issues can't be ironed out. This would be the last cricket game I would buy without looking at reviews.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I tried career mode today.
I was able to hit between point and cover more regularly.
I play on 100 ball quality, base difficulty legend.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And the idiotic brain dead fielders from Cricket 19 found their way into Cricket 22. Someone at Big Ant loves to copy and paste.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I learnt my lesson not to buy on day of release after 19. Now the question is do I spend the money on it for PS4 and keep the faith it will be playable or just buy Diablo 2 resurrected - which is cheaper :D

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
But other than the leg side, Some shots feel underpowered, cover drives through extra cover/ point are weird (agree 120% with your point on finding that gap between cover and point),

On Steam, after yesterday's patch, forward defence has some issue again. It's not working as well as it was, after they had fixed the broken forward defence in earlier patch.

And yes, sometimes when AI bowler is differently handed to human batter and they're bowling over the wicket, they keep bowling straight. You can keep hitting them for boundaries, AI will neither bowl off side nor will they change the field to provide extra protection on leg side.

Given that they added new shots and animations, I would have been content and happy had they kept the same batting mechanics and AI field sets as cricket 19,

I'm not saying that batting is broken on cricket 22 or that it's just not fun at all, it is fun for me but it's a downgrade from cricket 19. Although I do remember that even 19 had issues at some point, it wasn't always as nice as it is now, so I hope they patch things up on 22.

Honestly, I'm rooting for the BA team.. they seem to be hard at work and if they make things better in a week or two, given the current state of things, I'll be mighty impressed

I agree with what you've mentioned. Cricket 22 can be a fun game but not a batting simulator we were hoping for and definitely a downgrade at the moment on batting side. And yup, the age old problem of left handed bowlers bowling to right handers, or right handers bowling against left handers, still hasn't been addressed leading to cheap runs being scored. You can load your team with left handers and score 500+ in every innings in Tests as AI will keep feeding you balls on or outside leg. No progress made on that front and poor fields only exacerbates the problem.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
The issue is the user catching AI batters in the circle or outfield in FC/tests? Correct?

Just so I know what to look out for. Like some avid bird watcher trying to catch something rare in the wild!

The AI had the opportunity to do both to me today, caught a few, dropped a few. Happy to grab videos if I see it again.
@Slug1793 @Beefybeef66 @Ken Tremendous, as three folk that either liked or commented on this post....

AI batting, I was bowling.

In related news, and something else people may be interested in as I've seen some talking and saying it should be a thing. This was me batting, AI bowling.

Wanted to drill it through cover, late timing, lost power, became uppish, game over.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I agree with what you've mentioned. Cricket 22 can be a fun game but not a batting simulator we were hoping for and definitely a downgrade at the moment on batting side. And yup, the age old problem of left handed bowlers bowling to right handers, or right handers bowling against left handers, still hasn't been addressed leading to cheap runs being scored. You can load your team with left handers and score 500+ in every innings in Tests as AI will keep feeding you balls on or outside leg. No progress made on that front and poor fields only exacerbates the problem.
Have tried adding more fielding presets? I've added 20-30 more field sets and ticked the boxes where it should be applicable. Even though I get easy way outs to score, AI does use my preset fields which will make it hard to score easy runs.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am a Xbox user. You want me to spend another $60 for this piece of garbage?

My entire Cricket 22 experience so far has been 10 minutes play on the day of release. That is it. Have not gone back.

me too xbox user but cricket lover first. BA cricket game has history to fix things vis patching and thats their beauty.

unfortunately xbox patches dont get xbox approval so it feels like piece of garbage but for sure ps users have different opinion. Same forced me to bring my ps out from cupboard to buy another digital copy of it bcoz cricket is love of life ….

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Have tried adding more fielding presets? I've added 20-30 more field sets and ticked the boxes where it should be applicable. Even though I get easy way outs to score, AI does use my preset fields which will make it hard to score easy runs.

Haven't created preset fields in Cricket 22 yet. I tried doing so in Cricket 19 but AI never used the fields I created but will give it a shot once other issues are fixed.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@Slug1793 @Beefybeef66 @Ken Tremendous, as three folk that either liked or commented on this post....

AI batting, I was bowling.

In related news, and something else people may be interested in as I've seen some talking and saying it should be a thing. This was me batting, AI bowling.

Wanted to drill it through cover, late timing, lost power, became uppish, game over.
Nice mate, JB the sacrificial lamb

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Haven't created preset fields in Cricket 22 yet. I tried doing so in Cricket 19 but AI never used the fields I created but will give it a shot once other issues are fixed.
Did you select AI use human fields option in cricket 19? That's the one that allows them to use preset fields you create.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
It's of no use if we just create it. There are checkboxes that we need to tick like, start of innings, balanced, powerplay etc. We need to make presets keeping the checkboxes in mind. Not entirely effective, but they use these fields when the checkboxes are ticked.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Trust me they are more than aware of the issues!
I'm not so sure if they are when it comes to certain things like shot directions being very limited as Ross tweeted in reply to Nithin that he'd like to see videos... Maybe they're aware people are complaining about it but haven't looked into it themselves idk i just think if they were actually aware they'd have said something about it or made modifications in the patches as its quite a game breaking problem

Users who are viewing this thread