Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Completely agree, there's no need for the obvious aggression or open hostility many seem to think is acceptable on social media.

This is precisely why I institute an individual observation policy with issues like this on social media & if I do post I make absolutely certain that the original requests a user (i.e. Ross) may have stipulated are observed at all times, (i.e. not using Twitter to report bugs). Ignoring simple requests like those does just add to a workload as he'll still read the post before immediately blocking it which helps nobody & gains nothing. (I'm not saying you're at fault there either mate, it's just my policy in these circumstances rather than becoming a part of a problem ;).)

It often doesn't take long before a mob mentality over rules typical subjective reasoning where one or both sides of a viewpoint may well actually be right, but it's the aggressive mob use of a social media feed like that, that often leads to unnecessary friction.

Many users here have undoubtedly experienced & observed many issues, have legitimate gripes, & some hard questions are being raised as a result. Still, not one person has crossed a line here despite the current status unlike social media where some seem to think it's acceptable to push the limits, or push their luck.

BA do & will accept hard criticism via their support system or via other means & they certainly understand that consumers can become frustrated & openly voice that frustration at times like this. (It doesn't hurt to add an occasional apology for any displayed frustration to a support ticket though. I've certainly added one or two in the past regarding C19 after simultaneously posting bug reports to this forum & their support system too lol ;).) They accept it happens as long as that criticism doesn't become anything more.

Perhaps he'll also consider unblocking some users if, as & when things eventually start to settle back down again? (Or not lol. No second innings for you ;). )
JUST ASSUME “ if ps or pc didnt get any single patch since release and every time Ross or BAS updated new story what would public response then”

i am not defending those who cross the limits they must be blocked or reported even if he doesn’t allow me 2nd inns will that matter neither for him nor for me.

i dont think BAS was not aware what type of stuff is releasing at day1 and neither BAS is doing daily patch stuff on other consoles for you or me.

lets hope if game is in playable condition soon as on xbox its still broken and on ps4pro its still having fps annoying issue along random game crash.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Is anyone else getting a very loud piercing sound after every career match during cut scenes and training session? I've never experienced a bug that is harmful like this. I had on headphones and it was extremely loud.

This is on PS5. Just a heads up to everyone. It was painful. Here is video of it and I had the volume on the TV low as well. It goes away after I click through the ratings boost post match or when training session finishes.
It is seem like menu music is bugged... Try with minimising menu music...

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Something odd going on with this game at times, as i always have the short leg in and ive bowled plenty of overs with the offies but not had a single bat pad since i got the game, yet others see shedloads.

Weird.
Me neither. Had just one bat pad so far

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is anyone else getting a very loud piercing sound after every career match during cut scenes and training session? I've never experienced a bug that is harmful like this. I had on headphones and it was extremely loud.

This is on PS5. Just a heads up to everyone. It was painful. Here is video of it and I had the volume on the TV low as well. It goes away after I click through the ratings boost post match or when training session finishes.
Yeah same thing, please raise a ticket in support forums with attached video if possible.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Tried the latest patch on Ps5. Unfortunately more negative than positive.

Positives: fielders are very responsive during boundary fielding.

Negative : lots of run out (with glitch) and catch to silly mid on and leg slip fielders to spinners. was playing a test game the last few days as Saf vs England. It was going wonderfully until I installed the patch. I scored 418 after 1 day and a about 10 overs in the morning. Then India was batting wonderfully at 234 for 3 after 74 overs. And then a collapse of two runout and 5 catches to silly midon and leg slip fielders. All out for 256 by 83rd over . One of the runout was close but still would consider suicidal. Second one was a bad bug that I haven't seen before. After the batsman blocked the ball he casually walked out of the crease for no reason and got run out even though he wasn't trying to take a run.

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Any news on Steam Patches ? any announcement ?

Abcd9994

Club Captain
Any news on Steam Patches ? any announcement ?
This is what Ross had mentioned on twitter yesterday:
""
We've been doing them every two days on average, such a velocity means we will introduce more issues for sure but the hope is that the good outweighs the bad. We have patches tomorrow, then the will be less often. ATM we are on the 12th patch for 19 days release (17 on Steam).
""

So let's wait, there's probably going to be a patch today or maybe early tomorrow

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Played the game with latest patch 1.11 for PS4. The game is getting better and better. No frame rate issues and major glitches. Over-throws problem has been resolved. Direct hits are minimized though. A minor thing that players don't appeal during direct hits. Overall, its super fun. I feel that cricket gamers are bit harsh on developers, Big Ant has done a superb job and they are continuously listening to feedback and trying best to provide a smoother experience. We should be patient as well.

Here is my latest gameplay on Patch 1.11:

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Tried the latest patch on Ps5. Unfortunately more negative than positive.

Positives: fielders are very responsive during boundary fielding.

Negative : lots of run out (with glitch) and catch to silly mid on and leg slip fielders to spinners. was playing a test game the last few days as Saf vs England. It was going wonderfully until I installed the patch. I scored 418 after 1 day and a about 10 overs in the morning. Then India was batting wonderfully at 234 for 3 after 74 overs. And then a collapse of two runout and 5 catches to silly midon and leg slip fielders. All out for 256 by 83rd over . One of the runout was close but still would consider suicidal. Second one was a bad bug that I haven't seen before. After the batsman blocked the ball he casually walked out of the crease for no reason and got run out even though he wasn't trying to take a run.

I had a batsman get hit by the ball thrown from the fielder. For some reason he then strolled out his crease and got run out.

This was during a collapse similar to what you mention but I like to think that I bowled some good deliveries. They did play one crap shot though… maybe just the pressure of Matthew Parkinson bowling!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just got Harris out with a proper mistimed shoulder of the bat pull and the ball popped up in the air. Very cool dismissal.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Just got Harris out with a proper mistimed shoulder of the bat pull and the ball popped up in the air. Very cool dismissal.

I just wish more tweaks would be done to things that would have just as big of an impact earlier in the process.

Im fairly confident that gameplay was identical to 19 on release.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I just wish more tweaks would be done to things that would have just as big of an impact earlier in the process.

Im fairly confident that gameplay was identical to 19 on release.

I had a feeling it would be too..

Many sliders did absolutely nothing in DBC 14 at all. I had people like Tendai Chatara hitting double centuries. Yet it was lauded as a deep cricket game. They get away with stuff because there is no competition.

Users who are viewing this thread